Mechromancer...Worth it?

#11atomicbreathPosted 2/5/2013 8:25:20 AM
squiggy9996999 posted...
^i was under the impression that her mech is only strong first playthrough, after that it's mostly to buy time as a distraction.

I've played with a number of builds and never once thought DT was useless in TVHM. There have been many times where I am surprised DT lasted as long as it did. Of course, if anyone runs and guns fast in TVHM, you and/or your pet won't last long regardless.
---
Fact because it's science. ==============================================
#12ZarnonElchrisPosted 2/5/2013 8:55:20 AM
StormWolf12 posted...
...She still has many glitches associated with her, and GBX has shown they don't give two sits about fixing any of them by releasing those dollar grab skin dlc instead of devoting their resources to fixing them. I find that to be very offensive....

They fixed her glitch with losing anarchy stacks when not the host, and now they've fixed to logic for Buck Up as well. But by all means, pretend they don't do anything. Sensationalism is better than truth, isn't it?
#13squiggy9996999Posted 2/5/2013 9:03:49 AM
"I've played with a number of builds and never once thought DT was useless in TVHM."

i never said useless, just not a tank anymore (differing roles? only going on what a friend tells me since i'm not sure if i want it yet).
#14MosebysRangersPosted 2/5/2013 9:08:58 AM
squiggy9996999 posted...
^i was under the impression that her mech is only strong first playthrough, after that it's mostly to buy time as a distraction.

I have not played her much but I have played co-op with people who have used her.

One was while back with a group of 4. Remember only that person was wrecking heck with her. I think she like many of the classes takes some tinkering with to get the most of along which includes matching skills with a person's playstyle which sometimes takes some tinkering. So it depends on if you are going to stick with her to make her worth $10.00 but like so many I got her for free. Like others said if you are not sure and wait to see if you can get her than for $5.00.
#15Kazama01Posted 2/5/2013 9:28:25 AM
She's easily in my top 3 favourite characters. Also, her skills are very risk vs reward oriented, so if you're looking for something different, she's defintely a good one to look at. I bought her for $10 and don't regret it at all.
---
'cause if there's anything more disgusting than virtual reality, it's reality. - Gambler_Justice
#16squiggy9996999Posted 2/5/2013 9:50:23 AM
i'm not gonna lie, my buddy has her at lvl 50 and the main reason i might get her is to play with him and boost my characters too when i want to speed up the level grind.

but 5 bucks seems much better. of course when bioshock comes out ill be playing it and not this...

but the DLC sucks from what i;ve seen so i don;t mind 10 bucks since i wont get the rest anyways (i also found the DLC was not to my liking for BD1).
#17StormWolf12Posted 2/5/2013 10:24:44 AM
ZarnonElchris posted...
StormWolf12 posted...
...She still has many glitches associated with her, and GBX has shown they don't give two sits about fixing any of them by releasing those dollar grab skin dlc instead of devoting their resources to fixing them. I find that to be very offensive....

They fixed her glitch with losing anarchy stacks when not the host, and now they've fixed to logic for Buck Up as well. But by all means, pretend they don't do anything. Sensationalism is better than truth, isn't it?

Logic for buck up is still flawed, Deathtrap tries to restore shield when you're in ffyl. Robot Rampage still causes a sound glitch. Some of her class mods still don't work right. Sharing is caring is bugged. And there are more, too.
#18squiggy9996999Posted 2/5/2013 11:03:34 AM
"They fixed her glitch with losing anarchy stacks when not the host, and now they've fixed to logic for Buck Up as well. But by all means, pretend they don't do anything. Sensationalism is better than truth, isn't it?"

internet gamers don't care about facts, or rather they will never let facts get in the way of their ever important whine.
#19squiggy9996999Posted 2/6/2013 8:57:54 AM
"She'll be on sale soon enough, again. If you could wait a week or two, she'll only be five."

well bioshock is march so if that's the day it MIGHT go on sale i wouldn't wait that long if it's just to save 5 bucks.
#20DocOdinePosted 2/6/2013 9:41:45 AM
squiggy9996999 posted...
"They fixed her glitch with losing anarchy stacks when not the host, and now they've fixed to logic for Buck Up as well. But by all means, pretend they don't do anything. Sensationalism is better than truth, isn't it?"

internet gamers don't care about facts, or rather they will never let facts get in the way of their ever important whine.

Facts < delusion. Just like how the same teams create content that work on bug fixes. Internet is full of deluded morons. It's like visiting a nerdy trailer park.
---
I need a woman like Jenassa. Spend a month away from home with a strange woman, come home to food, $2000 and sex, then leave.