Gearbox: Masters of Patching

#61SlumberMind(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 7:52:23 PM
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
blah, blah, blah.

Anyway, I just hope that in the next patch, new problems aren't created. My skins and BA rank were fine until the last patch arrived, and I'm still not sure if shotguns are still effective or not.

This. I'm dreading the next patch, those heads are a nightmare to get.
#62PanopictonguyPosted 2/5/2013 7:55:27 PM
blah, blah, blah.

Anyway, I just hope that in the next patch, new problems aren't created. My skins and BA rank were fine until the last patch arrived, and I'm still not sure if shotguns are still effective or not.

Shotguns were OP pre patch.

Shotguns are effective post patch.

After the pc patch hits they'll be somewhere between OP & above average.

On the topic of Bethesda games. I don't think they are coded poorly at all. Given the size, scope, and activity of the world they create every glitch I've seen isn't as bad as it could be.

Can anyone think of a better way to create a Bethesda world and have it as vast and interactive and have less bugs? On dated consoles at that. You pretty much go anywhere and do anything in a Bethesda world. There are very few limitations on the player. While having the world be active.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#63SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 2/5/2013 7:59:47 PM
SlumberMind posted...
blah, blah, blah.

This. I'm dreading the next patch, those heads are a nightmare to get.

Hence, I'm making an effort to dupe and store the important and rare skins, like Verm heads.

Panopictonguy posted...
blah, blah, blah.

Shotguns were OP pre patch.

Shotguns are effective post patch.

After the pc patch hits they'll be somewhere between OP & above average.

On the topic of Bethesda games. I don't think they are coded poorly at all. Given the size, scope, and activity of the world they create every glitch I've seen isn't as bad as it could be.

Can anyone think of a better way to create a Bethesda world and have it as vast and interactive and have less bugs? On dated consoles at that. You pretty much go anywhere and do anything in a Bethesda world. There are very few limitations on the player. While having the world be active.

Yeah, they were op, in regards to amp shields. I don't mind the bee nerf, but I don't like that it affected buffs from skill trees.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#64PensatoPosted 2/5/2013 8:08:46 PM
Tsuruke posted...
My hobby/side-work is irrelevant to the fact that my point that it takes time to go through lines of code to make sure you have rectified the bugs in order to release the patch, you are just too high on your horse to see that point and stuck on the whole "amount" thing which turned your argument into a slippery slope (another fallacy). I could say you were using a wiki since it truly sounds like you are trolling as you did not get the point and driven the argument elsewhere that had nothing to do with the argument at hand) to get your information in essence since you want to attack my credibility -- alas, I won't commit the fallacy Ad hominem as you have. Especially since that is irrelevant

Now before you continue to try to troll, go back and correct those fallacies and then prove to me you're right and not trolling.

You stated yourself that we don't know how many lines of code exist in BL2. So stating that BL2 has billions of lines of code (or any amount of code) is misinformation.

Now, you're guilty of your own accusations.
Argument A: Saying a game has billions of lines of code is exaggerating/misinformation.
Argument B: You don't know there are billions of lines of code.
Conclusion: Therefore, it must not be true.

Based off your own admission, we don't know how many lines of code BL2 has. So stating it has any amount of lines is misinformation and/or exaggerating.

The likelihood of BL2 having billions of lines of code is unrealistic. Count from 1 to a billion. Maybe you'll understand just how much a billion is, little alone how much billions would be.

The whole argument, on both sides, is stupid. This is something I think we both can agree to.

Thank you for showing me some code. What language is it in?

Choir_of_Wolves posted...
He can post whatever he'd like to post, I just find you hilarious.

Not surprising. I'm sure you find most things you don't comprehend hilarious.

Theismos posted...
"But thanks for proving how idiotic fan boys are."

You ignored what I said, which is your MO. Yes or no- did you grossly exaggerate in order to make a "point" after chastising a guy for exaggerating? This requires no pseudo-intellectual rant from you, it's a yes or no question.

The answer is yes, by the way.

No

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160

Bugs they still haven't fixed since the game was released. I mean BL1 is still buggy as hell. I don't expect a fan boy to understand simple fact.
#65TsurukePosted 2/5/2013 8:31:36 PM(edited)
Pensato posted...
You stated yourself that we don't know how many lines of code exist in BL2. So stating that BL2 has billions of lines of code (or any amount of code) is misinformation.

Now, you're guilty of your own accusations.
Argument A: Saying a game has billions of lines of code is exaggerating/misinformation.
Argument B: You don't know there are billions of lines of code.
Conclusion: Therefore, it must not be true.

Based off your own admission, we don't know how many lines of code BL2 has. So stating it has any amount of lines is misinformation and/or exaggerating.

The likelihood of BL2 having billions of lines of code is unrealistic. Count from 1 to a billion. Maybe you'll understand just how much a billion is, little alone how much billions would be.

The whole argument, on both sides, is stupid. This is something I think we both can agree to.

Thank you for showing me some code. What language is it in?

Thats not an accusation my friend. Before committing an ad hominem again (If you don't want to spend the money on a Logics Course book -- I would advise brushing up on a wiki about Logic -- believe it or not wikis are credible to ones understanding but not to be use to builds one's knowledge around, as it can be supplemental but not all information is located on there)

I went back and corrected myself by saying maybe Hundreds, Thousands, Millions, a Billion. Stating, that we both don't know. Then going back to my original point so no fallacy was to be committed on my part. Yet you continued with that and committed many fallacies, not seeing the argument in its entirety (the point). I don't believe in a thing such as stupid arguments. Just sound (valid) and invalid arguments (considering I don't see any argument as a heated debate between people, but as an attempt to persuade someone of something, by giving valid reasons for accepting a particular conclusion as evident).
That being said we both don't know that the game (including is dependencies such as Engines, Frameworks, etc..) does or does not have "billions" of line of code. It cannot be confirmed (unless a developer confirms it) which is precisely why I corrected myself in the amount to go back and soundly validate my point.

That snippet was written in Python language.
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#66Choir_of_WolvesPosted 2/5/2013 8:34:33 PM
It's a shame when you type a message to somebody and they read one sentence and reply based on that and miss the entire process behind things. Even as a troll, the whole "you just don't understand me" thing is so pathetic and shallow that you should be ashamed of wasting your own time. The internet allows you to look like an idiot on your own accord and on your own terms, which you have done rather well. You're very lucky nobody "comprehends you" and many of things I'm sure you say in your time on this fascinating little social experiment.
---
all posts in this topic are negated if the poster has not listened to the first six Black Sabbath albums. those who disagree will be modded.
#67TheismosPosted 2/5/2013 9:19:54 PM
"Bugs they still haven't fixed since the game was released. I mean BL1 is still buggy as hell. I don't expect a fan boy to understand simple fact."

The "fanboy" comment doesn't help you. I've not said a thing about the game, I've only questioned you personally. You think those listed bugs and your own opinion equate to Borderlands being one of worst coded games ever. That isn't the case.

Yes, you do grossly over exaggerate everything you say in every topic you comment in. That is not up for debate. When you're called out on it you hide by refusing to acknowledge comments. You lack the nerve and intellect to actually respond directly to what's asked of you.
#68R of The NestPosted 2/5/2013 10:12:48 PM
Welcome to hyperbole central.
---
Blood and marker fumes. That is all.
#69VeritasAbIratoPosted 2/5/2013 11:17:02 PM
HappyHappyJoyJoy posted...
Pensato posted...
They don't have billions of lines of code. There's a lot yeh, but don't over exaggerate [...]

This game is one of the most poorly coded software ever released.

Welcome class! The sole question for today's exam is as follows:

Is the above quote an example of:
(a) Irony
(b) Hypocrisy
(c) All of the Above

Uuum is this going to be on the final? If not I'm going back to sleep...
#70Chrono Trigger RulesPosted 2/6/2013 1:42:36 AM
gearbox sucks and that with the millions of dollars they scammed us for, when they were broke doing BL1 they were much better weird...
---
Colbert on HSBC: So they're like 007, licensed to kill our economy.