Idea for future DLC

#1killbot357Posted 2/5/2013 6:23:02 PM
I think it'd be neat if a DLC pitted you against two new down on their luck weapons manufacturers, and you choose to help one and sabotage the other.

Maybe it's a choice between bringing either S&S or Atlus back, for example. The one you end up helping will give progressively better unique guns, and once you've finished the quest line, you can find their weapons and buy them in vending machines, etc.

Basically I'd like to see things that change the gameworld a bit more. What do you guys think about this idea?
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Borderlands 2, The Cave, Paper Mario: Sticker Star
#2PapaJebus1988Posted 2/5/2013 6:36:39 PM
I approve
#3resealablePosted 2/5/2013 6:38:54 PM
What kind of raid boss we looking at?
---
Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will send me into a downward spiral of infinite despair.
#4SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 2/5/2013 6:39:22 PM
Would definitely be interesting. Perhaps if you helped one of the companies sabotage Hyperion to gain control of Pandora?
They would supply a shuttle to get to the moon base.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#5SlumberMindPosted 2/5/2013 6:46:20 PM
Good idea but you would have to come up with gimmicks for both.
I think S&S was big magazine size in BL1 but Bandit guns have that gimmick.
#6ultimakewlPosted 2/5/2013 6:47:24 PM
its an interesting idea and i like it a lot, but realistically it wont happen

they wont put in something that gives players a decision that affects the whole borderlands universe and its future because then how would they address it in BL3?
if half the players picked S&S and the other half picked atlas than which does gearbox pick to put back in for future games?
do they bring back both or do they ignore it and pretend it never happened? if they do either of those, what was the point of the whole storyline of helping bring one company back?
---
im sure i could find more reasons to disregard everything you said as the incoherent ramblings of a 7 year old with no friends but i dont have the time
#7capnovanPosted 2/5/2013 6:55:17 PM
I like
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#8Flow_149Posted 2/5/2013 8:10:01 PM
ultimakewl posted...
its an interesting idea and i like it a lot, but realistically it wont happen

they wont put in something that gives players a decision that affects the whole borderlands universe and its future because then how would they address it in BL3?
if half the players picked S&S and the other half picked atlas than which does gearbox pick to put back in for future games?
do they bring back both or do they ignore it and pretend it never happened? if they do either of those, what was the point of the whole storyline of helping bring one company back?

I'm sure if they wanted to, they could make it work somehow, as said before, either by making it non-canonical, or by re-introducing/destroying the other (conveniently unspecified) company in at a later date. As for your second question: A) There isn't one, it's just something for players to enjoy. B) It partly explains the lore behind how the two companies got reintroduced to pandora. It's sort of similar to Stormcloaks vs. Imperials in Skyrim.