Method of Death Differentiates Loot Drop?

#1HeROiiCsPosted 2/6/2013 3:41:05 AM
Sometimes it seems as if I kill enemies with a huge gun or kill them too quickly and messy they don't drop as much loot, sometimes no loot at all. Does anyone else feel this way?
#2Jambi_ManPosted 2/6/2013 6:44:55 AM
Don't read into it... It's random. From what I've experienced, and I've experienced a lot, the warrior is the only boss in the game that has two different drop rates....moonshot rates(high, 75%+ orange rate), and post moonshot rates(1% orange rate). Everybody else is just random, no matter when you kill them, or how you do it.
---
TOOLarmy 4 life. Spiral Out.....
#3HeROiiCs(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 6:48:09 AM
Not even referring to the raid bosses. I'm mostly referring to the burners because theyre the most frustrating. I notice that when I drop a mil dmg or a huge explosion on a bandit, the loot just isn't there.
#4zodiaccurse12Posted 2/6/2013 7:19:14 AM
HeROiiCs posted...
Not even referring to the raid bosses. I'm mostly referring to the burners because theyre the most frustrating. I notice that when I drop a mil dmg or a huge explosion on a bandit, the loot just isn't there.

it is random, when I go about my business shooting wildly (using mechro awesome reflect ability btw) i get acouple of enemies that dropped literally 10 weapons out of him or 10 stacks of money
#5JacquardPosted 2/6/2013 8:15:14 AM
I hear you, TC. I realize that random is random, but anecdotal observation of cause and effect sometimes kicks in, and I will proceed as I have in the past when successful. If I believe I have to hold my controller upside down to affect the outcome, I might give it a go.

I've been farming the Warrior post-TVHM for days, with marginal success, so I'm ready to try most anything. .
#6JacquardPosted 2/6/2013 8:43:54 AM
Right after I posted the above, a Juicy Flakker dropped (not a fan, but, hey), so I might try posting between each farming run. Or not.