Increased rate of rare drops?

#1PTP2009Posted 2/6/2013 12:39:36 PM
Either the rare drop rate increased, or it increases the more characters you've created or something. I first created an Axton and took him to lvl 50, now I'm working on a Maya and the drop rate is comparatively ridiculous. As just one of many examples so far, a bullymong dropped a blue lvl. 3 Jacobs sniper that allowed me to one-shot headshot Boom Bewm, which then dropped a lvl. 4 Lobbed Bonus Package, which is so utterly overpowered that I'm still using it at lvl. 19. I've also picked up 6 E-Tech weapons.

So, um, is this just ridiculous luck, or what?
#2Argyle_GargoylePosted 2/6/2013 12:49:07 PM
random # generator is nice sometimes. other times its very stubborn and refuses to give up anything. enjoy it while it lasts
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#3malcolm913Posted 2/6/2013 12:58:40 PM
Is it possible for Gearbox to do unannounced random hotfixes that would temporarily increase drop rates? I swear that the last of couple days legendaries have been abundant for me.

I am not convinced that it is my good luck, unless my real life luck doesn't transfer to the video game world.
#4JacquardPosted 2/6/2013 1:05:21 PM
It is possible for them to increase the drop rates, as they did before the launch of Hammerlock's DLC. At this time, unannounced, sure, though I would think they would say something to spur play. For my part, I farmed Warrior yesterday for a ridiculous amount of hours (more than ten, I'm ashamed to say), and not one, single, solitary, <expletive> drop.
#5abombt7Posted 2/6/2013 3:13:12 PM
Jacquard posted...
It is possible for them to increase the drop rates, as they did before the launch of Hammerlock's DLC. At this time, unannounced, sure, though I would think they would say something to spur play. For my part, I farmed Warrior yesterday for a ridiculous amount of hours (more than ten, I'm ashamed to say), and not one, single, solitary, <expletive> drop.

More than ten hours? Whoa brother, I think it's a good time to put the game on hold after 9 hours and 59 minutes.
#6MosebysRangersPosted 2/6/2013 3:16:20 PM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
random # generator is nice sometimes. other times its very stubborn and refuses to give up anything. enjoy it while it lasts

Probably more of this vs an unannounced increase.
#7JacquardPosted 2/6/2013 3:40:22 PM(edited)
abombt7 posted...
Jacquard posted...

More than ten hours? Whoa brother, I think it's a good time to put the game on hold after 9 hours and 59 minutes.

Whatever do you mean (said in an innocent voice)? Been doing the same today, though it paid off, finally. My business is in a lull, so I'm simply passing time doing what I would rather do. Once business picks up, it will be back to the races and no time for playing.

Your point is well taken. Spending inordinate amounts of time in front of the tube is not a recipe for good physical or mental health.
#8Santeria_101Posted 2/6/2013 4:38:06 PM
well this topic has forced me to ditch Doc Mercy and head to the gym. Quite a different result than I would have expected when i first decided to take a look. Kudos.
---
I didnt fall as much as I sauntered vaguely down
#9TsurukePosted 2/7/2013 12:44:47 AM
talking about increased drop rates.... I must say, although I have legitimately found quite a bit of Legendary equipment as Zer0, with Gaige it would seem that I have better luck, maybe?

It seems I can get more legendary equipment out of her than any of the other characters...
I'm starting to think she might have a built in hidden increase -- but that would go against the random generator... lol
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.