Level Cap increase could "break the game. Sometimes very literally."

#413CDEDPosted 2/9/2013 8:15:53 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
people keep refereeing to BL1. Know one seems to realize BL1 was horribly balanced. Gearbox wants balance, bl1 was not balance. I guess people complaining don't care because they don't care about balance it's fun for then to hold the trigger and watch everything for with no chance of them ever being touched.

its a F***ing videogame its supposed to be FUN no we don't give a S*** about balance we want the game to be fun period.

i know this can be hard to grasp but its really very simple.
---
Resident GFAQS Toyota fanboi/ Drift Master
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8429/7816538416_df717aec0a_b.jpg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHdriIl7VNw
#42R0880Posted 2/9/2013 8:21:55 AM
3CDED posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
people keep refereeing to BL1. Know one seems to realize BL1 was horribly balanced. Gearbox wants balance, bl1 was not balance. I guess people complaining don't care because they don't care about balance it's fun for then to hold the trigger and watch everything for with no chance of them ever being touched.

its a F***ing videogame its supposed to be FUN no we don't give a S*** about balance we want the game to be fun period.

Some people find a balanced, challenging and rewarding experience to be fun.

I know this can be hard to grasp but it's really very simple.
#433CDEDPosted 2/9/2013 8:38:46 AM
R0880 posted...
Some people find a balanced, challenging and rewarding experience to be fun.

I know this can be hard to grasp but it's really very simple.

thing is BL1 allowed for that as well. an imbalance doesn't have to be in your favour either so it can be more challenging if the game is off balance.
---
Resident GFAQS Toyota fanboi/ Drift Master
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8429/7816538416_df717aec0a_b.jpg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHdriIl7VNw
#44PanopictonguyPosted 2/9/2013 12:29:40 PM
3CDED posted...
Panopictonguy posted...

Challenge is fun. There are video games for people like you. I can't think of one off the to of my head but they're usually colorful and rated E got everyone.

You're one of those people that believe raid bosses are to hard not understanding that they are there for people who want the challenge because challenge is fun.

There seems to be a large portion of the community who believe borderlands is a social networking app in which you hold triggers while you chat.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#45StormWolf12Posted 2/9/2013 1:05:53 PM(edited)
3CDED ignorantly posted...

Lol, drift master. I bet you never win. Toyota isn't a fan of you, either.

Anyway, you're wrong on this. Most people find the balance to be of great importance, and that it adds to the fun.
#46AngryOldFeralPosted 2/9/2013 1:55:18 PM
StormWolf12 posted...
3CDED ignorantly posted...

Lol, drift master. I bet you never win. Toyota isn't a fan of you, either.

Anyway, you're wrong on this. Most people find the balance to be of great importance, and that it adds to the fun.

Be quiet, man! He'll hear you and like...drive his car sideways...? I dunno how they do it but it creeps me the hell out. It's like some gypsy curse. I hear if one of them drifts into your car while they're driving like idiots, then on the next full moon your car starts doing it.
---
Smoking Ghost / Feral Manx
Proud Outcast of Capcom Unity
#47capnovanPosted 2/9/2013 2:42:36 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
people keep refereeing to BL1. Know one seems to realize BL1 was horribly balanced.

Explain.

Gearbox wants balance, bl1 was not balance.

I am not aware of any balancing done by Gearbox in BL1. So if they want balance (as you claim), but didn't balance the first one, why didn't they balance it?
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#48captain_tylorPosted 2/9/2013 2:43:52 PM
I would prefer if they make some use for post-cap xp points.
For example, let get xp over lvl50, but when xp bar is full you get Mastery Medal and bar resets to lvl 50. For 10 MM you can buy legendaries from vendors, and for 1 MM you can "re-roll" some equipment you already have (to, say, get SE Rubi legitly).
#49genesis42Posted 2/9/2013 2:50:12 PM
3CDED posted...
Panopictonguy posted...

Speak for yourself, I for one actually appreciate GBXs efforts of balancing the game with every patch and whatnot.
---
GT: SevenDeadIySin
#50duericPosted 2/9/2013 3:35:20 PM
Man, Pitchford is all right.

It's refreshing to see someone who doesn't hide behind BS and fan service.

I think in general, if more "faces of games" were as honest as this guy, we'd all be much more content with our games.

Twitter person #1: "Dude, weapon X is so OP and broken. Fix it dammit!"

Face of Game X: Yeah, we know. We messed that up. We're hoping to fix it. But it may take some time, if ever, before we can offer a change".

How awesome would that be?
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member