Level Cap increase could "break the game. Sometimes very literally."

#51Link43130Posted 2/9/2013 3:37:20 PM
dueric posted...
Man, Pitchford is all right.

It's refreshing to see someone who doesn't hide behind BS and fan service.

Pitchford hasn't been honest about a single thing he's trying to sell in his entire life.
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130
#52duericPosted 2/9/2013 3:49:14 PM
Link43130 posted...
dueric posted...
Man, Pitchford is all right.

It's refreshing to see someone who doesn't hide behind BS and fan service.

Pitchford hasn't been honest about a single thing he's trying to sell in his entire life.

So he's lying in that interview?

Haters still gunna hate, I guess.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#53SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 2/9/2013 3:54:02 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
people keep refereeing to BL1. Know one seems to realize BL1 was horribly balanced. Gearbox wants balance, bl1 was not balance. I guess people complaining don't care because they don't care about balance it's fun for then to hold the trigger and watch everything for with no chance of them ever being touched.

You know, it is possible to voice your opinion without provoking others.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#54PanopictonguyPosted 2/9/2013 3:58:54 PM
dueric posted...

Twitter person #1: "Dude, weapon X is so freaking fun. Everytime i click the trigger everything dies in one hit."

Face of Game X: "Ummm, that's kind of not what it's suppose to do, can you refrain from abusing it we'll fix as soon as possible."

Twitter person #1: "**** you, you're ruining my ****ing game you *****. Leave the fun stuff alone, everything else us worthless."

It goes more like this though.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#55PanopictonguyPosted 2/9/2013 5:00:20 PM
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
people keep refereeing to BL1. Know one seems to realize BL1 was horribly balanced. Gearbox wants balance, bl1 was not balance. I guess people complaining don't care because they don't care about balance it's fun for then to hold the trigger and watch everything for with no chance of them ever being touched.

You know, it is possible to voice your opinion without provoking others.

Ever heard of a guilty conscience?
---
#56duericPosted 2/9/2013 5:01:26 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
dueric posted...

Twitter person #1: "Dude, weapon X is so freaking fun. Everytime i click the trigger everything dies in one hit."

Face of Game X: "Ummm, that's kind of not what it's suppose to do, can you refrain from abusing it we'll fix as soon as possible."

Twitter person #1: "**** you, you're ruining my ****ing game you *****. Leave the fun stuff alone, everything else us worthless."

I don't think I've ever seen someone so completely miss the point before. And that's saying something considering this is Gamefaqs and it happens all the time.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#57PanopictonguyPosted 2/9/2013 5:12:46 PM
dueric posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
dueric posted...

I don't think I've ever seen someone so completely miss the point before. And that's saying something considering this is Gamefaqs and it happens all the time.

Yes, you did completely miss the point. I'll try not to joke around with someone when I agree with them.
---
#58boneywingsPosted 2/9/2013 5:16:53 PM
IMHO this game is such a piece of Sh*z when it comes to looting that I would love to have something else to work toward, such as a better character. I hope they do increase the level cap.
#59DMBHovDogPosted 2/9/2013 5:28:09 PM
Pitchford sounds like the biggest douche in that article...
#60ultimakewlPosted 2/9/2013 6:50:45 PM
he makes it sound like the game itself cant level up
like its so hard to make the enemies and guns a higher level
even though their stats are all based on level up tables
each enemy has X base stats and then each level their stats grow by Y amount
it wouldnt be that difficult to extend the tables out further

as for higher leveled characters being game breaking, thats why there are higher enemies to balance it, as the players get more skills and better gear they encounter more difficult and stronger enemies

if theyre worried that having multiple cap-stone skills will be too unbalancing then there is a simple work around for that
simply have it so that when the player gets one cap-stone the other two become locked so the player cannot get them.
ie for axton, if you get nuke you wont be allowed to get the gemini or double up skills
---
im sure i could find more reasons to disregard everything you said as the incoherent ramblings of a 7 year old with no friends but i dont have the time