Level Cap Interview

#31MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 4:33:07 PM
Jacquard posted...
and1ballr posted...
In that case, I was hoping that they would have some kind of way to level up the weapons/gear you already have. Because it would so annoying and frustrating if people had to farm for the same gear again. So if they do decide to increase the level cap, they DEFINITELY should have a way to increase to weapon/gear level without needing to farm for it again.

Agreed. That would be an excellent solution.

I already know the first gun I would level up, if this happens...my beloved Hellfire. That is my most used Legendary. Haven't put it in my bank once. Then my infection pistol. LOVE that thing!!!
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.
#32PanopictonguyPosted 2/7/2013 4:33:52 PM
snakenamedjoe posted...
I also don't agree with what he says about game balance. I don't think this game is well balanced at all. Try beating true vault hunter mode with a L46 character, and you'll see what I mean. What's worse, you can't even get equipment for your character if you're underleveled.

I just beat true vault hunter mode with a L42 Zero, and it was ridiculously hard. Next to impossible. Because no one sells L42 gear, I am stuck using gear from back when I got behind the game. My equipment is all L30, (I have one L37 legendary gun) and I can't get upgrades until I hit level 50. How is that balanced? But because I got behind, getting caught up without cheating is next to impossible, because killing even normal enemies with the crap equipment I have at my level is very difficult.

In contrast, beating the game with a L50 zero, even with average run of the mill equipment, is a joke. No difficulty at all. That's why I did a 2nd playthrough where I was careful not to get overleveled. You cannot find a good balance.

I say just up the level cap and let people have fun playing with their game breaking skill combos. That's your reward for spending all that time getting your character up that high. If you find it boring, stop playing.

If you're looking for a balanced playthrough, just go through the game once, then play the DLC on true vaulthunter mode. It will scale to your level, and you'll have some fairly balanced play in the DLC at least. If you just want to have fun seeing how bad you can wreck everything, play the 2nd playthrough and get those game breaking skill combos.

That has nothing to do with balance, you screwed yourself.

1. You're under leveled. Since when has any rpg or arpg without equipment enhancement not been difficult for an under leveled character.

2. Your gear is a major issue how the did you end up with gear 5 levels below while being in 2.5? If you're not in 2.5 you could back track and but gear your level.

At level 50 what are you calling "average run of the mill?"

White gear is average when at the appropriate level. Everything above white had stat bonuses that pushes you over the enemy. So if your calling certain legendary or unique guns legendary you don't know what yore taking about.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#33snakenamedjoePosted 2/7/2013 4:55:47 PM

1. You're under leveled. Since when has any rpg or arpg without equipment enhancement not been difficult for an under leveled character.

2. Your gear is a major issue how the did you end up with gear 5 levels below while being in 2.5? If you're not in 2.5 you could back track and but gear your level.

White gear is average when at the appropriate level. Everything above white had stat bonuses that pushes you over the enemy. So if your calling certain legendary or unique guns legendary you don't know what yore taking about.
---

If you play the game and do the side missions, you will be perpetually overleveled. If you play the game and don't do the side missions, you will be perpetually underleveled. If you get underleveled, you are kind of screwed. This is certainly about game balance. It's nearly impossible to play this game without being underpowerd or overpowered. There is no good balance. 2 levels difference can be game breaking because they did their levels with geomentric increases.

The guns in the game match the level of the play, rather than your character level. This means you can easily get to the point where you can't use any guns they sell. I just beat the game, so every shop in the game sells L50 equipment. Or I can go back to playthrough 1 and buy L30 equipment. There is nowhere I can get L42 equipment (although I admit I haven't looked yet, I'm assuming based on previous experience).

I didn't ever have a problem like this in BL1. The shops sold a variety of different levels of equipment. I could always get what I needed, and occasionally would find something I couldn't use yet.

Yes, I screwed myself, but I did it because I was trying to find a way to play the game where there would be good game balance. I shouldn't have to try to balance the game myself. That's the developers job. I was trying to find a good balance to play the game at, and when I got behind it became way too difficult, and very hard to get back up to pace. I finished the game just to see if I could do it, but it wasn't the experience I was hoping for.

I'm calling average run of the mill equipment stuff that you could buy out of the machines without spending any time farming. At L50, you can go to the nearest machines that sell L50 equipment, buy the best equipment that shows up the first time you look in those machines and then go and beat the game and it is a cakewalk. Yes, you might get some blues, or even a purple if you're lucky, but that's with no Legendaries or uniques.

My point is that at L46 it is next to impossible to beat the game. L48 it is too difficult to beat the game. At L50 it is too easy. They have too much difference between levels. This creates huge balance problems.
---
Leprechaun - "Blasted Nemesis! He's always after me lucky charms!"
Nemesis - "S.T.A.R.S....."
#34shnangyboosPosted 2/7/2013 4:59:49 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
shnangyboos posted...
I don't understand all this hate towards an increase, and more importantly, people who want an increase. It's like complaining about them adding guns because there are already plenty of guns, and insulting the people who want them.

There's hate?

You sure it's not people complaining because there's not enough guns. Saying they'll stop playing unless gearbox adds 5 more guns. Then normal people get annoyed and say shut up.

Nobody said any of that in here. This guy posted an interview and everyone here who doesn't want an increase came in here to tell everyone who does that they're wrong. And "normal" people? Nice little insult thrown in there for people that want something different than what you want.
---
How's my posting?
Call http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=588037 for any comments.
#35H_Panic22Posted 2/7/2013 5:12:35 PM
snakenamedjoe posted...

I just beat true vault hunter mode with a L42 Zero

Because no one sells L42 gear

First of all, I call Shenanigans. The story missions in TVHM are worth between 20k and 35k, so even bypassing side quests and working on the premise that you started at level 30 (to be able to use the guns you have) you should still have hit mid to late 40's by the time you get Control Core Angel (as BNK3R is typically the first boss at level 50. Suffice to say, I think you're full of it.

Point two. Every vending machine in (flying) Sanctuary and every city past Overlook sells gear at 42 or higher. Enemies in Liarsburg drop level 34 gear as soon as you start TVHM. So the only assumption we can make is that you are ignoring EVERY DROPPED ITEM AND REWARD simply because they are not orange. Conclusion?

You either arent telling the truth to make a point or youon't know how to play Borderlands.
---
Gamertag= H Panic22
#36Argyle_GargoylePosted 2/7/2013 5:13:00 PM
snakenamedjoe posted...

If you play the game and do the side missions, you will be perpetually overleveled. If you play the game and don't do the side missions, you will be perpetually underleveled. If you get underleveled, you are kind of screwed. This is certainly about game balance. It's nearly impossible to play this game without being underpowerd or overpowered. There is no good balance. 2 levels difference can be game breaking because they did their levels with geomentric increases.

The guns in the game match the level of the play, rather than your character level. This means you can easily get to the point where you can't use any guns they sell. I just beat the game, so every shop in the game sells L50 equipment. Or I can go back to playthrough 1 and buy L30 equipment. There is nowhere I can get L42 equipment (although I admit I haven't looked yet, I'm assuming based on previous experience).

I didn't ever have a problem like this in BL1. The shops sold a variety of different levels of equipment. I could always get what I needed, and occasionally would find something I couldn't use yet.

Yes, I screwed myself, but I did it because I was trying to find a way to play the game where there would be good game balance. I shouldn't have to try to balance the game myself. That's the developers job. I was trying to find a good balance to play the game at, and when I got behind it became way too difficult, and very hard to get back up to pace. I finished the game just to see if I could do it, but it wasn't the experience I was hoping for.

I'm calling average run of the mill equipment stuff that you could buy out of the machines without spending any time farming. At L50, you can go to the nearest machines that sell L50 equipment, buy the best equipment that shows up the first time you look in those machines and then go and beat the game and it is a cakewalk. Yes, you might get some blues, or even a purple if you're lucky, but that's with no Legendaries or uniques.

My point is that at L46 it is next to impossible to beat the game. L48 it is too difficult to beat the game. At L50 it is too easy. They have too much difference between levels. This creates huge balance problems.

Did you just not pick up a single gun throughout pt2 or something? Im trying to figure out how you managed to beat the ge without ever replacing your hear along the way. Each quest has a recomended level to complete it at in tvhm same as pt1. The enemies and cjests will have gear at or around that level.

Plus theres the fact that when you are underleveled, killing even normal enemies will level you up insanely fast. Balancing it is not hard at all. When you found that uou wre underleveled, you should have done a couple of sidequests to het where you need to be. If you are level 46 and the game is scaled to 50 you will hit the cap pretty quickly just by killing things.

If by finding no gear, you mean that you dont have legendary gear to use in the 40s, thats a problem with your state of mind. There is plenty of other good gear in the ge that is more than enough to get you to the cap. Heck, why not just get a few golden keys? They give purple items at your level. Its random, but you will always get something rare at your level.
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#37R0880Posted 2/7/2013 5:47:11 PM
I honestly can't comprehend snakenamedjoe's post.
#38H_Panic22Posted 2/7/2013 5:56:56 PM
R0880 posted...
I honestly can't comprehend snakenamedjoe's post.

His TL:DR is this:

The game is poorly balanced because I skipped all my side quests in PT 2 and only picked Orange weapons (one at level 37). This the developers fault for making it hard for me to keep only orange gear on me at all times (despite me not doing side quests). I allegedly finished PT 2 using unnamed level 30 weapons. Panic thinks this a crock of s***.

To review, its Gearbox's fault that their game is too hard if I don't acquire new weapons during an entire new game plus.
---
Gamertag= H Panic22
#39PanopictonguyPosted 2/7/2013 6:17:18 PM
shnangyboos posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
shnangyboos posted...
I don't understand all this hate towards an increase, and more importantly, people who want an increase. It's like complaining about them adding guns because there are already plenty of guns, and insulting the people who want them.

There's hate?

You sure it's not people complaining because there's not enough guns. Saying they'll stop playing unless gearbox adds 5 more guns. Then normal people get annoyed and say shut up.

Nobody said any of that in here. This guy posted an interview and everyone here who doesn't want an increase came in here to tell everyone who does that they're wrong. And "normal" people? Nice little insult thrown in there for people that want something different than what you want.

It's not an insult I find people who only find joy in watching "LEVEL UP" pop up on their screen odd. Odd...which is not normal. Especially given the fact this game is not about leveling up.
---
#40PanopictonguyPosted 2/7/2013 6:19:44 PM
snakenamedjoe posted...

---

If you best Borderlands 1 all enemies, gear, and shops will scale to 50 pre patch.
---