Paragon System

#1acdcacdc12Posted 2/8/2013 2:46:47 AM
Why doesn't BL2 implement a Diablo 3 type Paragon system (after all the game is modeled after D3). Players want more levels but there seem to be a lot of potential issues with more skill points and rebalancing the whole game. For those who don't know, in D3, upon hitting Max level, you start Paragon levels. There are 100, and each increases rare loot and gold drop rate by 3% up to 300%. They could implement something similar, maybe even make it drop slightly better weapons as you level up too?
---
Ign: Acdc1234
#2smurfsn1p3rPosted 2/8/2013 3:00:42 AM
That is exactly the reason they will not do it. They want the drop rates to be so poor, that it makes everyone dupe, and running around with the same gear. So they can talk about how adding more levels will break the game.
---
Skyrim has become this gens Final Fantasy VII.
#3acdcacdc12(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:06:55 AM
Quite the conspiracy you've got there....
---
Ign: Acdc1234
#4smurfsn1p3rPosted 2/8/2013 3:16:32 AM
After what Randy said in a recent interview I have my reasons.
---
#5MalzelPosted 2/8/2013 4:23:39 AM
Stop trying to come up with reasonable solutions and allow Gearbox to just give up.
---
It is only human to commit a sin...
#6Mr_PopelPosted 2/8/2013 10:04:00 AM(edited)
well paragon ranks also increase your chars stats in Diablo ... which gives you a slight overall performance boost (basically a few points of dmg and health :-p)

... personally i love the paragon system, the one thing that brought me back to Diablo3 tbh, MF/GF bonuses are just awesome :-D
---
Hey i'm not camping ... i'm "tactically waiting" :-D
#7smurfsn1p3rPosted 2/13/2013 6:33:04 AM
They are still working out the bugs with the BA tokens, I don't want any new features until the ones we have are fixed.
---
#8SinisterBladePosted 2/13/2013 7:13:36 AM
Then remove the vault glitch, our only hope of having a complete collection of anything without making 35 mules to hold everything. Is this like a conspiracy to make us buy more memory cards? There are far more Seraphim weapons alone [with element and prefix variations]than can possibly fit in the vanilla vault. Uniques and legendaries? Forget it. I guesd things like this that help the player are a far bigger issue than maybe optimization, or fixing bugged dropped rates, glitched boss spawns or loot falling through the map after an hour and a half grind, or what about the warrior and his fat butt always getting loot stuck under his corpse? 90% of the time a huge portion of loot ends up in the lava, Dahl Efficiency needs to be hacked into the game,and THEY BROKE MULTIPELLET weapons trying to patch a single sheild.... how is any of this ok to them, but the vault having over 27 spaces is the sin against man kind. I love this game, I do, but its kind of a train wreck right now, and GB is clearly yet anothet company that prioritize's fixing small bugs that help and no way cause harm, while utterly ignoring and fixing things that break it. I dont get it. Like somebody said, they cause much of the problem and exploits because they apparently cant plan anything over 5 mins ahead of the moment.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#9StormWolf12Posted 2/13/2013 8:04:59 AM
No one cares about collecting things.
#10SinisterBladePosted 2/13/2013 8:43:50 AM
StormWolf12 posted...
I dont care about collecting things.

Fix'd

I dont remember asking you guy.

Also plenty of people do. That was just a foolish post.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!