Could Xbox Live have anything to do with it?

#11H_Panic22Posted 2/8/2013 11:34:25 AM
What is it with people refusing to do side missions, and then coming back here bewildered that enemies are stronger in New Game +?

Do your side work. The only ones you might want to skip are ones that have Blue Rewards. Por exemplo:

Lilith 's Cult Following quest line, but NOT her faked death and Kill the Miners missions. Those just have XP and cosmetic rewards.

Zed 's Medical Mystery (Doc Mercy) is safe to do. The actual quest reward is XP and an e-tech pistol.

Everything in Liarsburg is game. So that'll be 4 missions before you leave the first area.

Don't plow through the story just to come out the other side too small to thrive. Its OK to LOOK at the quest card to check the reward, just don't ACCEPT the quest till you're ready.
---
Gamertag= H Panic22
#12megaddtdPosted 2/8/2013 11:38:27 AM
xsaudio posted...
You can go to sanctuary on normal mode to get guns from the chest. At load screen, press y to select character. Then choose normal mode. Use keys in sanctuary. Exit game. Repeat but choose TVHM mode to go back to that playthrough.

This. The gold chest weapons scale to your level, not the game, so if you have keys do this and get some good gear. The last code Randy Pitchford posted has five keys in it, so hopefully you'll be able to get some decent weapons and a shield.

Gold keys were my bread and butter in TVHM while solo.
#13sonofkorolPosted 2/8/2013 11:40:36 AM
megaddtd posted...
xsaudio posted...
You can go to sanctuary on normal mode to get guns from the chest. At load screen, press y to select character. Then choose normal mode. Use keys in sanctuary. Exit game. Repeat but choose TVHM mode to go back to that playthrough.

This. The gold chest weapons scale to your level, not the game, so if you have keys do this and get some good gear. The last code Randy Pitchford posted has five keys in it, so hopefully you'll be able to get some decent weapons and a shield.

Wait, I thought the only way to cheese golden keys was to have someone join your game, use a key, and have them dashboard?
---
>X< Leader of The Dream Team >X<
"A game moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and teabag once in a while, you could miss it."
#14megaddtdPosted 2/8/2013 11:55:24 AM(edited)
sonofkorol posted...
megaddtd posted...
xsaudio posted...

Wait, I thought the only way to cheese golden keys was to have someone join your game, use a key, and have them dashboard?

I'm talking about legitimate codes. He gives them out on twitter like fun size M&Ms on Halloween. The last code gives you 5 keys.

EDIT: In case you didn't know, follow @DuvalMagic on twitter. IGN also lists all the active codes on their BL2 Wiki. they stay active a lot longer now, sometimes up to a month or more.
#15MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 12:29:12 PM
xsaudio posted...

That's fn brilliant! I never thought about doing that. Thanks!
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.
#16sonofkorolPosted 2/8/2013 2:34:01 PM
Ohhhh you meant how he could get stuff from the chest without having been in Sanctuary in TVHM yet.
---
"A game moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and teabag once in a while, you could miss it."
#17capnovanPosted 2/8/2013 2:42:34 PM
sonofkorol posted...

for the record, that isn't the only way.
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#18sonofkorolPosted 2/8/2013 2:45:39 PM
capnovan posted...
sonofkorol posted...

for the record, that isn't the only way.

Only way I've found. :-\
---