Regarding a level cap.

#1JeremyHollersPosted 2/8/2013 10:04:26 AM
Upon hitting level 50, you get the achievement 'Capped Out...For Now.' If that isn't an obvious sign that there will be a level increase then I don't know what is.
---
GT: Jeremy Hollers
#2Azrael0206Posted 2/8/2013 10:07:46 AM
http://i.imgflip.com/1bh6.jpg
---
Assistant Manager at Foveroula and Acid's Pawn Shop
Pokemon Black FC: 2709 5858 9913
#3MrImpatient35Posted 2/8/2013 10:11:06 AM
The aggravating thing is that, from the level cap interview I posted, they're making it seem like they didn't plan to increase the cap...so WTF did they word the achievement like that? Why have they been doing other interviews this whole time, implying that they will do a level cap increase sometime soon. I think they also implied that they might be adding some new skills...maybe. So why, all of a sudden, is there all this talk about how doing a level cap increase would be nearly impossible to do, etc etc.
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.
#4PanopictonguyPosted 2/8/2013 10:16:56 AM
JeremyHollers posted...
Upon hitting level 50, you get the achievement 'Capped Out...For Now.' If that isn't an obvious sign that there will be a level increase then I don't know what is.

It calls always be inferring that you're capped out...on that character. if you start another character you're a level 1 all over again.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#5MrImpatient35Posted 2/8/2013 10:24:52 AM
I'm very sure they didn't mean what you're saying. I think they had a similar achievement in BL1. They increased the level cap by 19 levels. They also been slightly kinda saying that they will raise the level cap ever since the game came out.
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.
#6OLD_MAN_GAMERPosted 2/8/2013 10:38:47 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
JeremyHollers posted...

It calls always be inferring that you're capped out...on that character. if you start another character you're a level 1 all over again.

UMM...im pretty sure thats NOT what they meant. anyone whos played BL1 knew exactly what that meant- that we would eventually get a level cap.

what i dont get is that modders can change the game, change the scale of the enemies, and change thier level using some normal program that anyone can use(except me of course). (my modded guns came from a 12 year-old) so saying that they (gearbox) cant do something that civilian gamers can is pretty weak.
#7StormWolf12Posted 2/8/2013 10:39:52 AM
^comprehension level = 0
#8MosebysRangersPosted 2/8/2013 10:41:30 AM
I have not read any the most recent interviews since just before Hammerlock.

But they all have been consistent in saying they understand people wanted a cap release. They would do a cap increase but unlike BL it may not be a flat increase rather they were looking into different ways/things a player may increase the cap. My guess they were meaning that completion of sidequests etc a person would get a one skill point to use.

They have also been consistent in stating as each DLC came out the increase would becoming at the end of the DLC's.

Since they also have been consistent even before game came out that they want to keep the game challenging as much as possible it makes sense that skill cap will probably not be near as much as it was in BL (19 pts) and one reason also why they are keeping it to the last DLC. I really don't see them raising it more than 5- 10pts personally.
#9H_Panic22Posted 2/8/2013 11:14:05 AM
StormWolf12 posted...
^comprehension level = 0

Talk about needing a cap increase.
---
Gamertag= H Panic22
#10spfurm01Posted 2/8/2013 11:52:41 AM
OLD_MAN_GAMER posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
JeremyHollers posted...

UMM...im pretty sure thats NOT what they meant. anyone whos played BL1 knew exactly what that meant- that we would eventually get a level cap.

what i dont get is that modders can change the game, change the scale of the enemies, and change thier level using some normal program that anyone can use(except me of course). (my modded guns came from a 12 year-old) so saying that they (gearbox) cant do something that civilian gamers can is pretty weak.

Actually you can't play online with a level 50+ character any more. It was patched a while ago.

Anyone with a USB and a windows PC can save edit BL2 saves for 360. It may look daunting but it's actually incredibly easy.
---
We know Gavorn's tricks! We leave!