Picking this up today. Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated :)

#11H_Panic22Posted 2/9/2013 7:48:27 AM
Fictioner posted...
Use Zero, Bore skill, and get a good amp shield.

Yeah, that's what we need. More Zeroes standing around with their stupid helmets and Yu-Gi-Oh jokes watching me murder things while they take (and miss) pot shots.

No. Screw Zero. There are three woefully underused classes that new players skip right past because they see Zero kill those guys on top of the train in the opening...then give up when they can't do anything of the sort.

No more Zero. More Zangief, but no.more Zero.
---
Gamertag= H Panic22
#12Kpt_KapowskiPosted 2/9/2013 8:10:48 AM
H_Panic22 posted...
Fictioner posted...
Use Zero, Bore skill, and get a good amp shield.

Yeah, that's what we need. More Zeroes standing around with their stupid helmets and Yu-Gi-Oh jokes watching me murder things while they take (and miss) pot shots.

No. Screw Zero. There are three woefully underused classes that new players skip right past because they see Zero kill those guys on top of the train in the opening...then give up when they can't do anything of the sort.

No more Zero. More Zangief, but no.more Zero.

hey don't lump all zer0 players together like that.
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 12-6 :(
#13ShinterLPosted 2/9/2013 8:27:48 AM
Best advice - enjoy the game. And to do that, stay away from this board.

Past that, explore, complete side missions, do whatever you feel like doing, and you'll enjoy the game. If you can find some regular people to play with, give that a try, but you can easily play through most of the content by yourself.

Oh, and start trying to accumulate golden keys, as most of the good weapons I've found have come from that, since you might find yourself overleveled compared to what stores offer, but the golden chest gives weapons at your level. (And yes, there is quite a bit of game content before you hit level 50, despite what these boards may suggest)
#14MosebysRangersPosted 2/9/2013 8:52:32 AM
ShinterL posted...
Best advice - enjoy the game. And to do that, stay away from this board.

Past that, explore, complete side missions, do whatever you feel like doing, and you'll enjoy the game. If you can find some regular people to play with, give that a try, but you can easily play through most of the content by yourself.

Oh, and start trying to accumulate golden keys, as most of the good weapons I've found have come from that, since you might find yourself overleveled compared to what stores offer, but the golden chest gives weapons at your level. (And yes, there is quite a bit of game content before you hit level 50, despite what these boards may suggest)

Some of this but please do come to board eventually as I always enjoy reading what people do have to say about a game that they may like. Also do not be afraid to come to the board for assistance in getting tips on builds, getting achievements, looking for someone to play with co-op with. If after hours of game play you find the loot reward system harsh and want something unique don't be afraid to ask contrary to what the board seems like there are many that will help you. You may also want to learn some of the known glitches especially the infinite storage glitch which is quite helpful.

Wiil have to warn you about to possibly start playing one of the most addictive games ever made for the 360. It is a very unique game IMO that has elements of so many things out in other games but blended into something pretty cool IMO. just give a chance.
#15stimshady08Posted 2/9/2013 9:54:56 AM
Best advice... Find a coop partner. That is how these games should be played.