Borderlands 2: How the Ball Was Dropped, and Never Started Rolling

#11Kpt_KapowskiPosted 2/8/2013 12:41:41 PM
viewmaster_pi posted...
Boredomlands IS a toke jopic.

lol

Needs moar subtlety.
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 12-6 :(
#12Argyle_GargoylePosted 2/8/2013 12:48:27 PM(edited)
viewmaster_pi posted...

then dont play it. if you are so miserable playing the game in its current state, move on to something else

what? are you looking for some sort of validation of your opinion? you are on a board for people who enjoy the game. amazingly enough, many of the people around here actually like the game. who would have thought.

if you came into a borderlands game under the impression that it would be some grand epic tale full of depth and shocking surprises, then yes. you did choose the wrong game. and you likely did all of 0 research into how the games are.

compared to the 1st game, the story is a good deal more developed, but it isnt going to win a Pulitzer. nor did the developers ever create that impression that it was supposed to

it was well publicized exactly what sort of games the BL series was prior to release. if you totally ignored all that information and bought it anyways thinking it would be something else entirely, that your fault
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#13EX_KoakumaPosted 2/8/2013 12:45:41 PM
I'd honestly give you a rant on why I love this game, but you seem to be pretty set on thinking this game is bad and won't listen to anything else.
---
aqasdf
#14tony8669Posted 2/8/2013 12:48:03 PM
viewmaster_pi posted...
Are people generally getting fed up with this game? Because I sure am.

I am absolutely SICK of the quests in this game.

Go to the nearest Gamestop and trade it in for credit. Hurry up, it's depreciating every second you wait!
#15SlyfulDragonPosted 2/8/2013 12:53:17 PM
tony8669 posted...
viewmaster_pi posted...
Are people generally getting fed up with this game? Because I sure am.

I am absolutely SICK of the quests in this game.

Go to the nearest Gamestop and trade it in for credit. Hurry up, it's depreciating every second you wait!

Problem solved. lol
#16Saikon4404Posted 2/8/2013 12:54:41 PM
This is kind of like having an abusive, overly jealous and clingy girlfriend that you continually stay with and ask yourself what's the point.

Best option is to leave it, find a new one, and hope you enjoy that one.
#17magicaltopPosted 2/8/2013 12:57:25 PM
The humor isn't even that great in the DLC. The main story was good, but the DLC ones just feel forced. Torgue was the only that felt funny, but even that got old after a while. Hammerlock's attempt at humor was just lame. Pirates one as well.
---
ITT, we compare our hard drives like it's our ****-size.-Aight_Then
#18jreed1337Posted 2/8/2013 12:57:51 PM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
viewmaster_pi posted...

then dont play it. if you are so miserable playing the game in its current state, move on to something else

what? are you looking for some sort of validation of your opinion? you are on a board for people who enjoy the game. amazingly enough, many of the people around here actually like the game. who would have thought.

if you came into a borderlands game under the impression that it would be some grand epic tale full of depth and shocking surprises, then yes. you did choose the wrong game. and you likely did all of 0 research into how the games are.

compared to the 1st game, the story is a good deal more developed, but it isnt going to win a Pulitzer. nor did the developers ever create that impression that it was supposed to

it was well publicized exactly what sort of games the BL series was prior to release. if you totally ignored all that information and bought it anyways thinking it would be something else entirely, that your fault

this post gives me hope for gamefaqs after all. well said man.
---
1+3+3=7
#19teknic1200Posted 2/8/2013 1:00:51 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
Did you buy the wrong game? Sorry about that, better luck on your next purchase.

actually compared to borderlands this game kinda sucks.

god forbid be buy a game and expect it to have the same hooks for longevity as the first game.

I just want to find legendary weapons from time to time instead of once every couple of days. At least we do have a few arenas to roll through.
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday
#20OLD_MAN_GAMERPosted 2/8/2013 1:00:56 PM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
viewmaster_pi posted...

this guy is correct.

after leveling 5 players to 50, collecting all the guns- which you dont even need to beat this easy game- chased down the pee, fought pointless raid bosses that serve no purpose in the borderlands world - farmed the same guy 500 times for a gun i dont need- blah blah- this game is fun, but once your done..its done... the dlc are pointless, there is no story, there is no character story lines- so ya.. i moved on... i'll keep the game and play future dlc's - which arent too fun when your maxed out - just run here, run there..

the level cap doesnt help either. getting nothing for something isnt very fun. quest rewards are never that good. you can only shoot one gun (possibly 2) at a time- so why do i need 15 shotguns? the enemies in the game take no skill or tactics to destroy, quest are laid-out real easy. (go from one diamond to the next- over and over again)

people will say "play another character"- why? so i can do the same thing again and again? each character should have had their own story with different missions.

i say be done with BL2 and let gearbox start making a better BL3.