Borderlands 2: How the Ball Was Dropped, and Never Started Rolling

#21R0880Posted 2/8/2013 12:05:38 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
Did you buy the wrong game? Sorry about that, better luck on your next purchase.
#22MosebysRangersPosted 2/8/2013 12:12:28 PM
EX_Koakuma posted...
I'd honestly give you a rant on why I love this game, but you seem to be pretty set on thinking this game is bad and won't listen to anything else.

This. Although I am not happy with the loot system having played BL1 extensively. I could write an essay of what makes this game a fantastic one to play. Also like one poster essentially said you should of research this game.

I actually do not recommend this game much to anybody simply because it is an unique blend of things of which one singularly thing may turn someone off even if they have played many a game. My recommendation quite frequently is to go rent it 1rst than buy unless I know the gamer's past history.
#23squiggy9996999Posted 2/8/2013 12:22:20 PM
tc, u are hilarious. it's exactly the same game as BD1. in a sequel. how dare they!
#24IBKNAWTUPosted 2/8/2013 12:37:03 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
Did you buy the wrong game? Sorry about that, better luck on your next purchase.

---
Gabe: Reality has exiled you, you are no longer bound by its laws. - HoboSpartan
#25PanopictonguyPosted 2/8/2013 12:49:49 PM
OLD_MAN_GAMER posted...
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
viewmaster_pi posted...
Boredomlands IS a toke jopic.

then dont play it. if you are so miserable playing the game in its current state, move on to something else

this guy is correct.

after leveling 5 players to 50, collecting all the guns- which you dont even need to beat this easy game- chased down the pee, fought pointless raid bosses that serve no purpose in the borderlands world - farmed the same guy 500 times for a gun i dont need- blah blah- this game is fun, but once your done..its done... the dlc are pointless, there is no story, there is no character story lines- so ya.. i moved on... i'll keep the game and play future dlc's - which arent too fun when your maxed out - just run here, run there..

the level cap doesnt help either. getting nothing for something isnt very fun. quest rewards are never that good. you can only shoot one gun (possibly 2) at a time- so why do i need 15 shotguns? the enemies in the game take no skill or tactics to destroy, quest are laid-out real easy. (go from one diamond to the next- over and over again)

people will say "play another character"- why? so i can do the same thing again and again? each character should have had their own story with different missions.

i say be done with BL2 and let gearbox start making a better BL3.

Nice post, did you come to this conclusion before or after you clocked over 800hrs?
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#26legendX66Posted 2/8/2013 1:03:51 PM
OLD_MAN_GAMER posted...
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
viewmaster_pi posted...
Boredomlands IS a toke jopic.

then dont play it. if you are so miserable playing the game in its current state, move on to something else

this guy is correct.

after leveling 5 players to 50, collecting all the guns- which you dont even need to beat this easy game- chased down the pee, fought pointless raid bosses that serve no purpose in the borderlands world - farmed the same guy 500 times for a gun i dont need- blah blah- this game is fun, but once your done..its done... the dlc are pointless, there is no story, there is no character story lines- so ya.. i moved on... i'll keep the game and play future dlc's - which arent too fun when your maxed out - just run here, run there..

the level cap doesnt help either. getting nothing for something isnt very fun. quest rewards are never that good. you can only shoot one gun (possibly 2) at a time- so why do i need 15 shotguns? the enemies in the game take no skill or tactics to destroy, quest are laid-out real easy. (go from one diamond to the next- over and over again)

people will say "play another character"- why? so i can do the same thing again and again? each character should have had their own story with different missions.

i say be done with BL2 and let gearbox start making a better BL3.

if you maxed every character in the game and did every quest you did NOT dislike it lol. I f you did all that what are you expecting exactly?
---
legendX66-Ten Tails H4X and Troll H4X Sexy secretary of Haxem Rangers
Thinking is the hardest kind of work, which is probably why so few engage in it.
#27OLD_MAN_GAMERPosted 2/8/2013 1:19:55 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#28viewmaster_pi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 1:20:33 PM
You guys don't get it.

Borderlands has LOST my interest. It's a great game. The formula is solid. I just don't like all the stupid crap that comes with it. I knew what game I got. And I enjoyed it thoroughly. Now it's a slow, trying-too-hard-to-be-funny, trudge through boring sidequests.

Not to mention with no payout.
---
Sitting cross-legged on the floor, 25 or 6 to 4.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.php?board=565572
#29tony8669Posted 2/8/2013 1:21:40 PM
viewmaster_pi posted...
You guys don't get it.

Borderlands has LOST my interest.

And yet here we are.
#30jreed1337Posted 2/8/2013 1:23:09 PM
viewmaster_pi posted...
You guys don't get it.

Borderlands has LOST my interest. It's a great game. The formula is solid. I just don't like all the stupid crap that comes with it. I knew what game I got. And I enjoyed it thoroughly. Now it's a slow, trying-too-hard-to-be-funny, trudge through boring sidequests.

Not to mention with no payout.

so shelf it and play something else? ...
---
1+3+3=7