The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Question about loot pools and multiplayer

#1Eternal KPosted 2/9/2013 10:54:17 AM
Quick question for you all. Does having more players in a game increase the chance that a boss will drop loot from its legendary loot pool, or does it just increase the quality of the drops from that pool? I've been farming BNK-3R of late and I'm curious if doing the Hyperious gate trick will increase the chance he drops his heads/legendaries or if the quality of those weapons will just be higher.

Any help is appreciated.
---
2007 - 2008 NHL Saturday Picks Champion
#2vivecshandPosted 2/9/2013 10:58:15 AM
I could be wrong, but I think having more players increases the amount of loot dropped. If the amount of loot dropped is increased, it is reasonable to assume the chance of getting a legendary also increases.
---
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the universe together.
#3Smooth_L_Flava1Posted 2/9/2013 5:58:19 PM
I have actually been wondering the exact same thing. Can anyone confirm?
#4kinggoldfingerPosted 2/9/2013 9:14:02 PM
I have noticed more loot dropped when playing with more players, and more loot would lead to the belief that there would be a higher legendary drop rate. I have farmed several bosses with my brother, and have never received a legendary, but I have farmed by myself and received several.

That's just my experience.
---
The Princess is in another Castle.
Punching trees gives me wood.
#5olan231Posted 2/9/2013 10:43:32 PM
It says on the loading screen something along the lines of "The more players you have, the harder the enemies. Harder enemies mean better loot!". That there I think is proof enough of a better loot rate via MP. That's just my personal assumption though.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: DoS Paper Clock
Will Farm For Food.. </3