Question about loot pools and multiplayer

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Question about loot pools and multiplayer

User Info: Eternal K

Eternal K
3 years ago#1
Quick question for you all. Does having more players in a game increase the chance that a boss will drop loot from its legendary loot pool, or does it just increase the quality of the drops from that pool? I've been farming BNK-3R of late and I'm curious if doing the Hyperious gate trick will increase the chance he drops his heads/legendaries or if the quality of those weapons will just be higher.

Any help is appreciated.
2007 - 2008 NHL Saturday Picks Champion

User Info: vivecshand

vivecshand
3 years ago#2
I could be wrong, but I think having more players increases the amount of loot dropped. If the amount of loot dropped is increased, it is reasonable to assume the chance of getting a legendary also increases.
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the universe together.

User Info: Smooth_L_Flava1

Smooth_L_Flava1
3 years ago#3
I have actually been wondering the exact same thing. Can anyone confirm?

User Info: kinggoldfinger

kinggoldfinger
3 years ago#4
I have noticed more loot dropped when playing with more players, and more loot would lead to the belief that there would be a higher legendary drop rate. I have farmed several bosses with my brother, and have never received a legendary, but I have farmed by myself and received several.

That's just my experience.
The Princess is in another Castle.
Punching trees gives me wood.

User Info: olan231

olan231
3 years ago#5
It says on the loading screen something along the lines of "The more players you have, the harder the enemies. Harder enemies mean better loot!". That there I think is proof enough of a better loot rate via MP. That's just my personal assumption though.
Xbox 360 Gamertag: DoS Paper Clock
Will Farm For Food.. </3
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Question about loot pools and multiplayer

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived