Would you like to have a pet in the next Borderlands?

#11wonderfulwinoPosted 2/9/2013 9:09:43 PM
hereforemnant posted...
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
So, would it be similar to Bloodwing in use, or would it just be some random creature that sits around at the main hub world?

Similar to Bloodwing, you could call it in in addition to your natural power.

So basically it would be the equivalent of having a dog companion in Fallout/Skyrim, one that travels with you and fights with you. That could be kinda cool. Although I could totally see how people would complain about how it would make things easier.
#12StormWolf12Posted 2/9/2013 9:15:01 PM
Completely against this idea.
#13SlazerPosted 2/9/2013 9:21:47 PM
Thats a bizarre thing to want in BL. I don't see it happening
---
see quote for sig
#14KLOUDrocksPosted 2/9/2013 9:29:08 PM
I would like this only if the pets didn't get involved in battles. I'd still like for them to have some kind of purpose though. Perhaps they could pick up items you wouldn't ordinarily be able to reach? For instance, a Baby Skag could crawl through a hole in a wall/log/etc. and come out with a random item, a Docile Rakk could go and grab something off of a cliff face that you couldn't ordinarily reach, or a Domesticated Cave Worm could dig into the ground and fetch things for you. Think of how the dog works in Fable, except take out the whole "pounce on a near-death enemy" thing.
#15hereforemnant(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 10:11:05 PM
wonderfulwino posted...
hereforemnant posted...
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
So, would it be similar to Bloodwing in use, or would it just be some random creature that sits around at the main hub world?

Similar to Bloodwing, you could call it in in addition to your natural power.

So basically it would be the equivalent of having a dog companion in Fallout/Skyrim, one that travels with you and fights with you. That could be kinda cool. Although I could totally see how people would complain about how it would make things easier.

Thats what it would relate to yes, i just feel like with all the creatures in Borderlands, why havent we been able to tame and ally ourselves with them? Especially Threshers, definitely Threshers.
---
Name: Light, FC for White version: 4084-2831-7220 FC for SS: 4685-6000-1404. Black 2: 4384-9935-2201
Name: Dark, FC for Black version: 2838-7396-7889
#16HeadneckPosted 2/9/2013 10:13:46 PM
I'd be in to it if it was like Torchlight and it could go sell my loot for me.
---
Streets is watchin'
#17TrazielPosted 2/9/2013 10:59:55 PM
Hey buddy. It's me, Ash. Lets catch them all and then go handheld.
---
Gamertag: LaGrimm
Now Playing: Borderlands 2
#18Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 2/9/2013 11:45:44 PM
Really don't like the way you described it. So in that sense, no.

However, when I saw the TT I actually thought it was a great idea. Like class mods or relics, a "pet" slot or even pets with their own equips would be more loot to hunt for and choose between. So if they were things that were equipped and stuff, perhaps they'd give you passive buffs depending on the equips you give them or what type of pet they are. That kind of thing I'd be all for. But the way you explained it doesn't sound good for a game like BL.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am.
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers - any game, any gamer! Love games? So do we.
#19hereforemnant(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 12:17:12 AM(edited)
Unpure_Euphoria posted...
Really don't like the way you described it. So in that sense, no.

However, when I saw the TT I actually thought it was a great idea. Like class mods or relics, a "pet" slot or even pets with their own equips would be more loot to hunt for and choose between. So if they were things that were equipped and stuff, perhaps they'd give you passive buffs depending on the equips you give them or what type of pet they are. That kind of thing I'd be all for. But the way you explained it doesn't sound good for a game like BL.

My feelings are hurt ill never be able to post here again! *runs away*
---
Name: Light, FC for White version: 4084-2831-7220 FC for SS: 4685-6000-1404. Black 2: 4384-9935-2201
Name: Dark, FC for Black version: 2838-7396-7889
#20LazarusNecrosisPosted 2/10/2013 5:20:06 AM
Headneck posted...
I'd be in to it if it was like Torchlight and it could go sell my loot for me.

This. One of my favorite features in Torchlight.
---
XBL GT: LazarusNecrosis
The best techniques are passed on by the survivors. --Gaiden Shinji 1E 490