Son of Mothrakk farming

#1terabientPosted 2/10/2013 3:24:14 AM
Is there a way to kill Son of Mothrakk so that his loot doesn't just drop through the floor? -_-
---
What everyone needs to do is calm down, take a deep breath, and prepare their bodies for the Thunderdome.
GT: janejana
#2genesis42Posted 2/10/2013 3:31:53 AM
I feel your pain TC :(
---
GT: SevenDeadIySin
#3xHuckleberryPosted 2/10/2013 3:45:02 AM
Nope, it forever drops thru the floor.

Time to dupe.
#4kiwimyweeweePosted 2/10/2013 4:16:42 AM
I have had better success while phaselocking him while he is close to the ground but it still drops through often.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#5NekoZamPosted 2/10/2013 4:44:19 AM
When I farmed Son of Mothrakk way back for skins, I had the best luck phaselocking him right as he flew over the center then running behind him so I was facing the elevator and killing him. Like 90% of the time the loot would fall and hit the center where Bloodwing came out from and be ok from there.
---
GT and PSN: NekoZam
#6H_Panic22Posted 2/10/2013 5:45:18 AM
If you're farming for a Skullmasher, the giant rakk that you summon with fireworks drops it too (in the Hammerlock DLC). It might fall to the ground but you can jump down and grab it...much less aggravating farm too because he's very near to the entrance of Scylla's Grove.
---
Gamertag= H Panic22
#7terabient(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 2:51:03 PM
NekoZam posted...
When I farmed Son of Mothrakk way back for skins, I had the best luck phaselocking him right as he flew over the center then running behind him so I was facing the elevator and killing him. Like 90% of the time the loot would fall and hit the center where Bloodwing came out from and be ok from there.

Thanks, I'll try this out. It figures that the ONLY skins I really want come from the most annoying farm in the game.... :(

H_Panic22 posted...
If you're farming for a Skullmasher, the giant rakk that you summon with fireworks drops it too (in the Hammerlock DLC). It might fall to the ground but you can jump down and grab it...much less aggravating farm too because he's very near to the entrance of Scylla's Grove.

I don't have the DLC yet, but I'll keep this in mind, thanks.
---
What everyone needs to do is calm down, take a deep breath, and prepare their bodies for the Thunderdome.
#8F_GalikanokusPosted 2/10/2013 4:05:34 PM
Son of Mothrakk drops skins? That's news to me, which ones does he drop?
---
"This is America. Kidnapping a Christian? That's worse than harboring a fugitive."
#9capnovanPosted 2/10/2013 4:08:42 PM
H_Panic22 posted...

how do you summon him again?
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#10terabient(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 4:45:02 PM
F_Galikanokus posted...
Son of Mothrakk drops skins? That's news to me, which ones does he drop?

He drops a set of blue-themed skins: Tsunami of Bullets (Zero), Azure Wave (Maya), Blue Bomber (Axton), Ride the Wave (Sal) and Don't Feel Blue (Gaige).

I kinda gave up farming them after watching the loot fall through the floor every single time but I'm going to try again tonight and see if I have any better luck.
---