Evil Smasher: Most powerful weapon in the game.

#1AlorwinPosted 2/10/2013 5:30:11 PM
Whether you abuse the glitch or not, the Evil Smasher will let you solo an Invincible-boss. Using the Smasher by itself, no glitching, I solo'd Pyro Pete.
#2kiwimyweeweePosted 2/10/2013 5:34:16 PM
Yeah, the only way to patch it is probably just remove the thing outright. Not that I care if it gets patched. Either that or lower the tiers or something.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#3Alorwin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 5:41:11 PM
I don't care if the glitch gets patched. The weapon, by itself, without using the glitch, is the most powerful already. No other weapon, not even a Nukem, has a much damage-potential as the Evil Smasher. Literally nothing else is as (potentially)strong. Skills and builds don't matter when you're rolling around with the Evil Smasher.
#4kiwimyweeweePosted 2/10/2013 5:43:59 PM
I was agreeing with btw. It's stupid powerful as long as you know what you are doing.
---
#5mike468Posted 2/10/2013 5:54:12 PM
kiwimyweewee posted...
Yeah, the only way to patch it is probably just remove the thing outright. Not that I care if it gets patched. Either that or lower the tiers or something.

I'm sure they can and will patch it. Probably prevent the effect from stacking on itself on the Evil Smasher and preventing it from bumping to other guns.

GB was pretty pissed about the bee+conference call glitch, but that was also more on them as their math was wrong from what Randy Pitchford said. I don't see how the Evil Smasher glitch is intentional by the developer. I don't think GB intended the player to be able to force the stats of one gun onto another gun, let alone have the stats stack.

I personally would like them to keep it, but considering GB's reaction to the bee+conference call, the Evil Smasher will be patched.
---
gamertag: Kabal31082
#6kiwimyweeweePosted 2/10/2013 6:01:28 PM
Well if they do patch it expect 3.2 billion shift codes.
---
#7Alorwin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 6:56:38 PM
Figured out how it works: The more kills you make with the Evil Smasher in a game-session, the better the chances for it to level up.
#8Alorwin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 8:26:46 PM
More details about the Evil Smasher: The effect of the Evil Smasher is actually bound to the weapon-slot, not the weapon itself. Switching in the middle of the effect spreads it to the other weapon-slots. Afterwards, any weapon in that slot gets the bonus available to that slot.
#9VeritasAbIratoPosted 2/11/2013 1:05:33 AM
So even without the glitch it gets stronger? Sorry I have no idea, i see stuff about it all over this board but I've never actually used it, ever.
#10Kpt_KapowskiPosted 2/11/2013 1:52:06 AM
VeritasAbIrato posted...
So even without the glitch it gets stronger? Sorry I have no idea, i see stuff about it all over this board but I've never actually used it, ever.

the glitch is the fact that you can stack the effect on other weapons.

The effect itself is not a glitch.
---
Borderlands 2 BAR: 71499