wow down hill lol (civil discussion only please)

#11H3nryW1ls0n3Posted 2/10/2013 9:21:47 PM
VeritasAbIrato posted...
You also have to admit though, for every person who is lurking trying to beg; you have someone who is there ready to spray hate and misplaced rage all over you and anyone else because they don't like the way you play a game that they have no right dictate.

Oh I know all about that. I duped and was told "I steal from myself and others" I actually tried legit trading and was flat out called a scumbag for it. So yes this board is full of both kinds. Lurkers & Jerkbags.
#12xHuckleberryPosted 2/10/2013 11:10:47 PM
IAmDJNinjaStar posted...
Two words: spell check.

Luckily we have you to clear these things up for us.
#13VeritasAbIratoPosted 2/11/2013 1:01:40 AM
H3nryW1ls0n3 posted...
VeritasAbIrato posted...
You also have to admit though, for every person who is lurking trying to beg; you have someone who is there ready to spray hate and misplaced rage all over you and anyone else because they don't like the way you play a game that they have no right dictate.

Oh I know all about that. I duped and was told "I steal from myself and others" I actually tried legit trading and was flat out called a scumbag for it. So yes this board is full of both kinds. Lurkers & Jerkbags.

from YOURSELF? wtf does that even mean... Oh and don't forget you ruin it for anyone who joins your game, because we all know how hard it is to join ANOTHER game...
#14IAmDJNinjaStarPosted 2/11/2013 7:22:58 AM(edited)
xHuckleberry posted...
IAmDJNinjaStar posted...

Hey, if you're gonna post on here at least make it readable. When you have tons of spelling and grammatical errors, it says to me "I'm too lazy to bother making sure my writing is coherent. Plus I'm just asking for stuff so who cares?". I care. I'm far less inclined to help someone out if they are too lazy to make their post at least somewhat intelligible. If you have the time to post a message looking for something, at least have the common courtesy to make it readable to those who may come to your aid. Spelling counts everywhere in life so why not on the Internet as well? Do people not realize that when they post these grammatical nightmares they make themselves seem foolish? Why would you tell the world what an idiot you are? I cannot wrap my head around this. Who flaunts stupidity honestly?

Edit: When posting this, I forgot about the "preview and spellcheck" button that is literally right there to be pushed before you post your message. Seriously, it could not be easier. That's why the spelling and grammar issues bother the hell out of me.
---
Hi, IAmDJNinjaStar.
#15Yokaicontractor(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 10:12:50 PM
So umm guys it says civil...
#16killbot357Posted 2/13/2013 10:32:29 PM
Anti-dupers aren't trying to tell others how to play the game, or even mad about people for duping. It's not about someone wanting everyone else to play the way he likes to play.

People who are against dupers, glitchers and cheaters are irritated with people clogging up these boards with endless "LF Conference Call dupe, nothing in return" posts, or running around public games Evil Smashing everything, or joining public games and pooping out every orange in the game then dashboarding out, or endless whining when Gearbox patches exploits and bugs that obviously broke the game.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Borderlands 2, Dead Space 3, Fire Emblem: Awakening
#17xHuckleberryPosted 2/13/2013 11:13:55 PM
killbot357 posted...
Anti-dupers aren't trying to tell others how to play the game, or even mad about people for duping. It's not about someone wanting everyone else to play the way he likes to play.

People who are against dupers, glitchers and cheaters are irritated with people clogging up these boards with endless "LF Conference Call dupe, nothing in return" posts, or running around public games Evil Smashing everything, or joining public games and pooping out every orange in the game then dashboarding out, or endless whining when Gearbox patches exploits and bugs that obviously broke the game.

To be fair.

The LF threads are 98% grateful players. I got nothing on the Evil Smasher glitch other than its a glitch and it gets used because it makes you super powerful, and well...everyone wants to be powerful. And if someone does join your game, and drop all the legendary gear, you dont need to pick it up. Or pick it all up and sell it. You dont have to pick it up and come here and make a thread about how that guy is a dick.

It always comes back to "you arent doing it like i do it"

Always will.
#18xHuckleberryPosted 2/13/2013 11:19:31 PM
IAmDJNinjaStar posted...
xHuckleberry posted...
IAmDJNinjaStar posted...

Hey, if you're gonna post on here at least make it readable. When you have tons of spelling and grammatical errors, it says to me "I'm too lazy to bother making sure my writing is coherent. Plus I'm just asking for stuff so who cares?". I care. I'm far less inclined to help someone out if they are too lazy to make their post at least somewhat intelligible. If you have the time to post a message looking for something, at least have the common courtesy to make it readable to those who may come to your aid. Spelling counts everywhere in life so why not on the Internet as well? Do people not realize that when they post these grammatical nightmares they make themselves seem foolish? Why would you tell the world what an idiot you are? I cannot wrap my head around this. Who flaunts stupidity honestly?

Edit: When posting this, I forgot about the "preview and spellcheck" button that is literally right there to be pushed before you post your message. Seriously, it could not be easier. That's why the spelling and grammar issues bother the hell out of me.

They look foolish to you. Honestly, being some sort of internet grammar police doesnt make you look much better. There could be a hundred reasons why that person didnt use perfect grammar, but i highly doubt you even think about that. Not everyone was raised like you, is like you and wants to be like you. The sooner you realize that, the sooner you can stop dictating how people post on forums.

I dont personally like seeing a thread consisting of numbers for letters and words with half the letters missing, but i can decode it the best i can and still help them orrrrr i can just move on with my life. Or i can tell them they suck at life for not using spell check .

Either way, someone wins the game.
#19JacquardPosted 2/13/2013 11:51:31 PM(edited)
It comes down to control. People want to control their gaming experience, whether that means toughing it out without any help, or power-leveling their character so, for instance, they can play with their friends who bought the game months earlier. (Leaving aside the argument that their friends could do it for them.)

Other people want to control their forum experience, whether that means jumping in and helping the less fortunate, or berating the dupers and PLers for clogging up the board.

Both have legitimate concerns or needs. I've seen the so-called anti-dupers put aside their concerns or prejudices when faced with civility, and I've seen the so-called dupers come hat in hand without any realistic expectation of being helped, so it's not so black and white.

The relative anonymity of the Internet, also, makes the tone sharper and more direct, so it has the potential for rubbing people the wrong way, on each side of the fence.

In sum, we are who we are. Nothing here changes that.
#20VeritasAbIratoPosted 2/14/2013 12:17:37 AM
Your point is plainly put and well spoken I respect that. Unfortunately the ONLY experiences I have had with the anti duping, glitching, etc. people have been nothing but cowardly flaming and trolling. Talk where the only way they would ever be as blatantly insulting as they are is while hiding behind the shield of anonimity that the internet provides.

You seem to have had better experiences here so far and really I would like to see the civility that you mention because I honestly don't like having such a negative view of people on here, sadly it's all i have to go on thus far.