is this as addictive as the first game?

#1srsgamer87Posted 2/10/2013 5:59:39 PM
first one was soooo addicting. and how long should the first playthrough last with all the dlc.
#2pureragePosted 2/10/2013 6:54:52 PM
Of course you'll find differing opinions but somehow this game just doesn't quite have that same addictiveness as the first one. It's still a great game and you'll have no trouble getting thru 1 playthrough. Perhaps an increase in level cap would change my mind but now its not even known if that will ever happen.
---
The most objective point of view is a cynical one.
#3guyone69Posted 2/10/2013 7:04:25 PM
It wasn't nearly as addicting as the first game but the story is much better and I laughed a lot more. Very comical. I think I was entertained more this time around.

Didn't pay attention to how long it took me to do the main quest. I did all the side-quests till about halfway through the main quest then just did that till the end. I believe each DLC adds 2-3 hours of main quest and more if you do the sidequests. I've only played Mister Torgue and the main quest took me maybe 2.5 hours to beat.
---
Gamertag: TheCase
Add me for Halo 4, Aliens CM, and Borderlands 2
#4SlymSkerrrrrtPosted 2/10/2013 7:18:10 PM
Not really. Still worth a playthrough or two, but not much more.
#5BiggyDXPosted 2/11/2013 7:09:15 AM
Its fun the first couple times through so you have a taste for all the different characters, but I've found myself not playing the game since its release. The DLC content hasn't been up to par with my expectations unfortunately, though they did do a good job with the Torgue Campaign.

If you wan't lasting power, you're more than likely going to find it out of playing co-op with others rather than yourself. Leveling up to 50 is kind of a repetitive grind.

Overall, its still a good game to have in your collection, plus I remember Gearbox saying that there would be a season 2 of DLC coming out.
---
Gamertag: My user name
#6MosebysRangersPosted 2/11/2013 7:23:09 AM
Game is just as addicting. Only major difference between the 1rst one is the loot/reward system which may turn some BL fans off.

I love BL and don't particularly like the system but still very addicting. So my answer is a resounding yes.
#7sshadow5002Posted 2/11/2013 7:31:00 AM
At first it wasn't addictive...now I can't stop.
---
A 2006 study concluded that 82% of people who don't know what they're talking about use false statistics.
#8StormWolf12Posted 2/11/2013 7:53:02 AM
No Underdome. Much less addicting.
#9pweidmanPosted 2/11/2013 7:59:52 AM
More so by far and I loved and played the heck outta BL. It's the increased rarity of loot, much better and way more raid bosses, the interactivity of all the skills trees and the associated synergistic effect of skills and weapons in co-op, the alternate vendors with new gear(tokens or crystals), and especially the super addictive BA rank system and the entailed achieves and rare spawns. These things are the genius of the game imo.
---
GT= PWEID5
#10MoukaryuuPosted 2/11/2013 8:14:59 AM
I think no, but only because the first one was the the only game of its kind, really. This, being a sequel, lacks that novelty. It will hit hard with fans of the original but I think it will fade to the background faster. Looks at how many slots it's dropped in the top ten already in just the last few days.
---
Joy puking my face off