My Commando Build (video with commentary)

#1deadlyfredPosted 2/11/2013 9:46:32 AM
Check it out and let me know what you think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrvmYrxW0H0&feature=youtu.be

How do you guys load out on your Commandos?
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ones instead of L's and a space between the two words)
Various Borderlands 2 glitches: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgdactVBsYk
#2Argyle_GargoylePosted 2/11/2013 9:52:06 AM
why no rocket pods or longbow for the nuke out of curiosity?

my commando runs a guerrilla/gunpowder build.

double up is simply awesome IMO.

aside from that, i also use a high fire rate build that all but requires an infinity so you dont run out of ammo.

want to try out explosive ax too, but havnt gotten around to it yet
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#3deadlyfred(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 9:54:16 AM
The longbow usually leads to me throwing the bloody thing too far away from the action. I just drop it 10 feet from me, right into a group of baddies and let it do work.

I don't worry about the rockets either as the added bonuses in the other areas make all of my guns death machines.
---
#4R0880Posted 2/11/2013 9:54:49 AM
Why Duty Calls? It doesn't boost explosive damage.

I don't think Ranger or Nuke are worth it either.
#5R0880Posted 2/11/2013 9:56:31 AM(edited)
Also you should get both rockets and longbow. Longbow gives extra turret health which is great and a faster deployment, rockets gain the damage increases from the other skills.
#6Argyle_GargoylePosted 2/11/2013 9:57:24 AM
deadlyfred posted...
The longbow usually leads to me throwing the bloody thing too far away from the action. I just drop it 10 feet from me, right into a group of baddies and let it do work.

I don't worry about the rockets either as the added bonuses in the other areas make all of my guns death machines.

fair enough. the rockets are killing machines in their own right with double up on my build.

longbow took a while for me to get used to, but now i find it indispensable. the ability to flank cover and attack groups from 2 sides is great. cover is useless. also the added 110% health for the turret is really nice for raid bosses

ive used longbow so much, im a little upset these days when i get a good grenade that isnt longbow
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#7StormWolf12Posted 2/11/2013 9:58:51 AM
Yikes.

No Scorched Earth is a waste. No Longbow is a waste. Ranger is a waste. Go get points in Steady.
#8deadlyfred(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 10:00:12 AM
R0880 posted...
Why Duty Calls? It doesn't boost explosive damage.

I don't think Ranger or Nuke are worth it either.

The Nuke does 350K damage to each enemy in the radius of the blast. Usually kills or puts them really close to death.

I may experiment with the Longbow some more then. Longbow grenades annoy me too, I usually throw them too far away to do any good, lol.

I love me some transfusion grenades though.
---
#9StormWolf12Posted 2/11/2013 10:01:57 AM
Eww, grenades without longbow are a huge waste.

Lobbed grenades are good for raid bosses, longbow is best for everything else.
#10KongatthegatiesPosted 2/11/2013 10:51:30 AM
I've played around with a few different builds, but I keep coming back to my Longbow/magnetic/Double up build. There's just too much utility there- I can toss one turret to "tank", toss the other to flank, and then sit there and snipe crits. Or I can pop them both up on the ceiling while I chuck grenades from cover. There is plenty more you can do with it, but you get the idea- you can get really creative with turret placement. If you're like me and get lazy, you can even longbow toss the turrets 500 yards away and let them take out groups before you even get there :)
---
GT: Kongatthegates