Unlucky with equipment

#1zak_the_ripperPosted 2/11/2013 3:11:39 PM
Okay... just beat the game for the first time the other day. (Don't have expansions) Looked through my equipment and stuff and noticed, wow... I don't have **** for items. I was just curious if maybe I'm missing something or what but really, level 35 and I've only received around 6 purple items through my complete first playthrough.
#2THREE6KILLAH77Posted 2/11/2013 3:25:20 PM
You really need the DLCS, but if you play through True Vault Mode then you may get to level 40 to 45, You will just need to kill Terramorphous over and over to get to Level 50. You can farm the warrior over and over to get a conference call. Farm Hunter Hellquist over and over to get the bee shield. The Bunker is a good place to farm. All else fails, have someone dup it for you.
#3zak_the_ripper(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 3:28:57 PM
THREE6KILLAH77 posted...
You really need the DLCS, but if you play through True Vault Mode then you may get to level 40 to 45, You will just need to kill Terramorphous over and over to get to Level 50. You can farm the warrior over and over to get a conference call. Farm Hunter Hellquist over and over to get the bee shield. The Bunker is a good place to farm. All else fails, have someone dup it for you.

Okay. Farming is just going to an area with certain guys over and over again trying to get stuff right. Also, how do I farm the warrior? Thought theguy disappears after I beat the main quest
#4Argyle_GargoylePosted 2/11/2013 3:34:39 PM
zak_the_ripper posted...
THREE6KILLAH77 posted...

Okay. Farming is just going to an area with certain guys over and over again trying to get stuff right. Also, how do I farm the warrior? Thought theguy disappears after I beat the main quest

Go back to hos lair through heros pass after turning in the quest.

When you enter his vault je will spawn again

Kill him and pick up whatever loot you want

Save/quit and reload. He will spawn again. Repeat until you get what you want.

Same process for most bosses

On a side note, the warrior is notoriously stingy with loot outside of the quest. Hes doesnt drop legendary gear often
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#5zak_the_ripper(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 3:37:50 PM
Okay. Thank you. Don't have an xbox live account or DLC so really wasn't sure where to get some better weapons. This info helps out alot. Thank you
#6Argyle_GargoylePosted 2/11/2013 3:41:06 PM
zak_the_ripper posted...
Okay. Thank you. Don't have an xbox live account or DLC so really wasn't sure where to get some better weapons. This info helps out alot. Thank you

No problem. Happy looting. I suggest after you kill the warrior for the 2nd time, go farm knuckledragger for a hornet. Its a great corrosive pistol and an easy farm.

Its a great place to start when building a legendary collection. Shreds anything armored
---
#7zak_the_ripper(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 3:42:40 PM
Also, is Michael Mamaril available at anytime when you get to santuary? Actually never knew about him til I just read about him. He worth searching for alot or farming?
#8kiwimyweeweePosted 2/11/2013 3:45:53 PM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
zak_the_ripper posted...

No problem. Happy looting. I suggest after you kill the warrior for the 2nd time, go farm knuckledragger for a hornet. Its a great corrosive pistol and an easy farm.

Its a great place to start when building a legendary collection. Shreds anything armored

I thought playthrough 1 didn't scale. He is gonna get like a level 2 hornet.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#9Argyle_GargoylePosted 2/11/2013 3:47:46 PM
kiwimyweewee posted...
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
zak_the_ripper posted...

I thought playthrough 1 didn't scale. He is gonna get like a level 2 hornet.

Woops. Dont mind me. In my head i was thinking he was in PT2 going on 2.5
---
#10KaBoom1322Posted 2/11/2013 3:50:46 PM
Listen to Argyle about the hornet.Rips through armour like Ellie through a cheese burger.
---
Did you know that if you use slang more than 80% of the time you may not have been properly educated?
Of course you didn't.