Best Snipers in the game?

#1deadlyfredPosted 2/11/2013 4:35:35 PM
What's everyone's take on this? I know different situations call for different loadouts, but assuming that everyone's skill tree was base and had no specific sniping bonuses, what would be the best sniper rifles in the game?

Skullmasher
Cobra
Pitchfork
White Death
Volcano
Elephantgun
Rex (yeah, I know, it's a handgun...but it has the fire rate and damage of a sniper)

I think I'll do a comparison video. Anyone interested in helping out?
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ones instead of L's and a space between the two words)
Various Borderlands 2 glitches: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgdactVBsYk
#2SinisterBladePosted 2/11/2013 4:41:07 PM
Hawkeye needs to be on there. A mediocre BA ranked, properly speced Zer0 wearing the bee can hit well over 1m for every crit on most enemies.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#3KaBoom1322Posted 2/11/2013 4:42:06 PM
Snookum mukmuk(purple)is my favourite sniper.
---
Did you know that if you use slang more than 80% of the time you may not have been properly educated?
Of course you didn't.
#4R0880Posted 2/11/2013 4:43:22 PM
White Death, Cobra, Hawk Eye, Muckamuck, Tresspasser.

Don't think anything else compares...

I haven't tested to see if Hawk Eye is better than Muckamuck yet. Might be able to knock one off the list.
#5SinisterBladePosted 2/11/2013 4:46:25 PM
Also the Trespassers ability to pass its effect to vehicle lmg should be displayed.

You know I would help, Zer0 is still my only 50. :p
---
What is a man?!
#6DieRomantiicPosted 2/11/2013 5:08:36 PM
Hawkeye has out damaged almost everything ive used. Cept maybe the elephant gun.
---
Before the Nightmare
#7Kpt_KapowskiPosted 2/11/2013 5:11:54 PM
DieRomantiic posted...
Hawkeye has out damaged almost everything ive used. Cept maybe the elephant gun.

only on crit, though. and only if youre specced in such a way that the mediocre base damage gets enough of a boost to make a difference.
---
Borderlands 2 BAR: 71499
#8SinisterBladePosted 2/11/2013 5:12:42 PM
My skookum Hawky will alway out DPS my elephant, but generally needs a Bee Shield to do so consistently. Obviously, it is meant for long range, as without achieving crits, its a poor choice its base damage is bad unless the sweet spot is struck. Elephant is more consistent in that regard.
---
What is a man?!
#9Kpt_KapowskiPosted 2/11/2013 5:16:46 PM
also, the huge zoom makes CQC a pain in the ass.
---
Borderlands 2 BAR: 71499
#10KaBoom1322Posted 2/11/2013 5:21:43 PM
I can't use scopeless snipers.I hate them with a passion.
---
Did you know that if you use slang more than 80% of the time you may not have been properly educated?
Of course you didn't.