Is there anything more frustrating than the geyser to get at Doc Mercy?

#1bradybonnaviatPosted 2/11/2013 7:38:19 PM
I tried farming Mercy for 10 hours for an infinity. Didn't drop. A friend told me he dropped two of them on one run, so I'm at it again. That F'ing Geyser!!! I can't even express my frustration at getting into position/timing the thing... Oh my F'ing Baby Jesus!!!
---
GT: Shady Bradyz
#2PanopictonguyPosted 2/11/2013 7:39:43 PM
Don't time it run up to it jump over it. if it goes of before you're into position bring in the air should stop you from being launched.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#3deadlyfredPosted 2/11/2013 8:22:48 PM
more frustrating than the geyser?

Doc Mercy's drop rates.
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ones instead of L's and a space between the two words)
Various Borderlands 2 glitches: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgdactVBsYk
#4SinisterBladePosted 2/11/2013 8:26:22 PM
Or if it wasn't there at all. Best farm ever!
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#5SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 2/11/2013 8:48:50 PM
deadlyfred posted...
more frustrating than the geyser?

Doc Mercy's drop rates.

Dammit you beat me to it.

Also, the way the quest marker for looting his corpse during 'medical mystery' disappears through the floor for no reason.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#6kinggoldfingerPosted 2/11/2013 9:33:43 PM
Ummm... just wait on the edge of the geyser. There's youtube videos that show an easy way to do it.
---
The Princess is in another Castle.
Punching trees gives me wood.
#7bradybonnaviat(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 9:38:01 PM
Seen them...I have researched every "best way" video. I've kinda got the timing down. (kinda/not at all) But if you miss, you have to spend useless time killing the skags, and if you land, well the doctor doesn't drop the damned pistol after you've congratulated yourself for landing it
---
GT: Shady Bradyz
#8MoukaryuuPosted 2/11/2013 9:46:39 PM(edited)
I have never watched a video on how to do it and I get up there every time. You don't have to time anything. Walk to the crater, walk off the edge of it, the geyser should go off and shoot you right to the rock. The only time it doesn't work is if you didn't walk far enough off the edge before the geyser goes off.

Oh yeah, and I gave up farming that ******. The drop rate is just stupid for that gun.
---
Joy puking my face off
#9Shadow_Dragon_0Posted 2/11/2013 9:56:13 PM
Moukaryuu posted...
I have never watched a video on how to do it and I get up there every time. You don't have to time anything. Walk to the crater, walk off the edge of it, the geyser should go off and shoot you right to the rock. The only time it doesn't work is if you didn't walk far enough off the edge before the geyser goes off.

Oh yeah, and I gave up farming that ******. The drop rate is just stupid for that gun.

I gave up killing that bastered as well. I've decided to farm pete or the treasure room for it.
---
PSN: dragon_fire01
Gamertag: Shadow Dragons0
#10kinggoldfingerPosted 2/11/2013 9:59:37 PM
I only farmed the Doc 30 times because I was sick of all the crap he was dropping. I too have been farming Pete. If I can't get an Infinity from Pete right away, at least I'm getting something.
---
The Princess is in another Castle.
Punching trees gives me wood.