Can't Connect! Help!

#1drj898Posted 2/12/2013 6:00:51 AM
This is getting really *really* frustrating...

Since nov./dec. I've been playing online with people, and I always play with the same 5-8 guys...and all of a sudden I can't play with anyone else.

The same people I usually connect with, can join my parties and games, and I can join theirs. But when I try to invite other people to my game, it says "cannot join host" and they say it won't let them join my xbox live party either. I don't get it.

-yes, I tweaked with the bl2 network settings to friends, to invite only, even to public and nothing worked.

-I have all 3 DLC's, and downloaded the most recent compatibility packs. Each person I tried and failed to connect with also said they downloaded the most recent ones too.

I'm completely confused and frustrated. Help!
---
GT, and PSN: DrJ898
#2deadlyfredPosted 2/12/2013 6:09:22 AM
drj898 posted...
This is getting really *really* frustrating...

Since nov./dec. I've been playing online with people, and I always play with the same 5-8 guys...and all of a sudden I can't play with anyone else.

The same people I usually connect with, can join my parties and games, and I can join theirs. But when I try to invite other people to my game, it says "cannot join host" and they say it won't let them join my xbox live party either. I don't get it.

-yes, I tweaked with the bl2 network settings to friends, to invite only, even to public and nothing worked.

-I have all 3 DLC's, and downloaded the most recent compatibility packs. Each person I tried and failed to connect with also said they downloaded the most recent ones too.

I'm completely confused and frustrated. Help!

You on right now?

Gimme a shout and we'll figure it out.
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ones instead of L's and a space between the two words)
Various Borderlands 2 glitches: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgdactVBsYk
#3fakesnoop77Posted 2/12/2013 6:50:22 AM
I had a similar problem a couple weeks ago.

Do your friends wear rare skins? if so, get them to change back to the default skin then try connecting again.

That worked for me before
---
Fitter, happier, more productive, like a pig in a cage on antibiotics
#4drj898(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 7:41:43 AM
Yeah...I think I might have to. I'll try to hop on today, I should be free here and there. If not then another day, thanks in advance man.
---
#5TheD1ddlerPosted 2/12/2013 11:46:14 AM
Is it just bl2 not working or is it all games? If you have dmz or port forwarding set up for a specific address on your lan maybe another device stole the xboxs ip address and its no longer being dmz'd I've had similar problems to what you are describing and I unplug my xboxs ethernet and shut it off then plug it back in and turn it on being the only device on the network to refresh the ip address that's worked for me before
---
---
xbl gamertag: xAbsolut Zero
#6drj898(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 12:34:22 PM
I just invited someone from this forum to help me out and he (and his 2 friends) were able to join my party AND my game with no problems whatsoever.

It only makes me think that any problems I might have had were on the other people's ends and not mine.
---