Best Sniper in the game video nearly done... SURPRISING results.

#131THREE6KILLAH77Posted 2/15/2013 6:49:32 PM
Tum Tum elephant gun, mine has 46,000 damage

150% weapons damage

180% critical damage
#132deadlyfred(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 7:07:01 PM
THREE6KILLAH77 posted...

150% weapons damage

180% critical damage

It's a good choice and one of my favorites to use in situations where I know I'll be able to keep distance between me and my opposition. I like it for mid range sniping, but that lack of versatility is what kept it from finishing in the top 4.

I never said in the video, but my top 4 are: Sloth, Cobra, Pimpernel, Elephant Gun and Hawkeye... but without using the Bee (as I rarely use it anymore) the Sloth, Elephant Gun, Cobra, Hawkeye and Skullmasher are the best five all-around.
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ones instead of L's and a space between the two words)
Various Borderlands 2 glitches: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgdactVBsYk
#133THREE6KILLAH77Posted 2/15/2013 7:09:59 PM
deadlyfred posted...
THREE6KILLAH77 posted...

150% weapons damage

180% critical damage

It's a good choice and one of my favorites to use in situations where I know I'll be able to keep distance between me and my opposition. I like it for mid range sniping, but that lack of versatility is what kept it from finishing in the top 4.

I never said in the video, but my top 4 are: Sloth, Cobra, Pimpernel, Elephant Gun and Hawkeye... but without using the Bee (as I rarely use it anymore) the Sloth, Elephant Gun, Cobra, Hawkeye and Skullmasher are the best five all-around.

I mean the pitchfork and white death are nice for rapid fire and does cause a lot of damage, but I am talking about a pure sniper rifle, with 1 shot. I have never use the sloth so I can't say if I would consider it the best. I like to get criticals and feel that the Elephant gun and Buffalo gun are best for that.
#134deadlyfred(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 7:22:20 PM
THREE6KILLAH77 posted...
deadlyfred posted...
THREE6KILLAH77 posted...

150% weapons damage

180% critical damage

I mean the pitchfork and white death are nice for rapid fire and does cause a lot of damage, but I am talking about a pure sniper rifle, with 1 shot. I have never use the sloth so I can't say if I would consider it the best. I like to get criticals and feel that the Elephant gun and Buffalo gun are best for that.

check out my result if you have a chance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LjTTclp2E4

Believe me, I was pretty surprised by the results myself. I'd never bothered with the Sloth and had gotten it a few days before doing this video. I played around for a bit with it and fell in love.

The burst goes right where you aim it. No sway or recoil. Laser beam of death.
---
#135KaBoom1322Posted 2/15/2013 7:22:26 PM
Fred.I'm gonna test out the sloth on my sniper maya.I can't wait to see the vid though;)
---
Being unintelligent is the worst possible curse.
#136TheTrueSetoPosted 2/15/2013 7:36:42 PM
BaneX01 posted...
It is modded because again it was an Explosive elemental version of the gun which Maliwan does not make (ie you will never find a Maliwan that isn't Fire, Shock, Corrosive, or Slag). The element can be removed by save editor which causes Maliwan guns to become Explosve. I am well aware that is just what the gun does though.

Um, no. If you paid attention to the video the Pimpernel was clearly of fire element.
---
i care about your problemz
#137Aceofblades2k2Posted 2/15/2013 7:51:10 PM
So I watched the vid. Its pretty awesome. My question is doesn't the sloth have really slow moving projectiles?

I've never used it myself.
---
,/\[E {}F |}L/\|]ES, "Lance Armstrong Needs Akimbo Testicles- Why is he only allowed one at a time? - SmolledShrimp
#138BaneX01Posted 2/15/2013 7:55:22 PM
TheTrueSeto posted...
Um, no. If you paid attention to the video the Pimpernel was clearly of fire element.

If you had paid attention to the video and my earlier reply you would see that the one he was using in Washburne Refinery was explosive. Apparently you only noticed the one he was using in Sanctuary and The Beatdown though.
---
GT Bane X01
#139deadlyfred(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 8:26:13 PM
BaneX01 posted...
TheTrueSeto posted...

If you had paid attention to the video and my earlier reply you would see that the one he was using in Washburne Refinery was explosive. Apparently you only noticed the one he was using in Sanctuary and The Beatdown though.

Yeah, it wasn't until after I ran the firing range and Beatdown tests that I acquired the other version. Apparently I'm also using the Pimpernel wrong. I may need to publish a retraction...
---
#140jloewensteinPosted 2/15/2013 8:33:28 PM
Excelent job, TC! Serious, send this to gamefaqs, it can be linked as an in depth analysis.

The discution about "best sniper rifle" can continue forever, but you've proved your point - the Sloth is a fantastic underated killing machine.

Gonna try it (well, if I still have mine :), and maybe adopt to that kind of situation that I commonly use Lyuda. But the ammo consumption still an issue, and I'm not sure about the usage in extremely long ranges. Considering that there's a conservative Jackobs fanboy here, probably gonna stay with my Skookun Hawkeye to pick up savages a mile away, in Hunters Grotto.

ps - it's difficult to a portuguese speaker write in english about serious things, so excuse any grammar or spelling mistake.