Best Sniper in the game video nearly done... SURPRISING results.

#141deadlyfred(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 8:35:05 PM
jloewenstein posted...
Excelent job, TC! Serious, send this to gamefaqs, it can be linked as an in depth analysis.

The discution about "best sniper rifle" can continue forever, but you've proved your point - the Sloth is a fantastic underated killing machine.

Gonna try it (well, if I still have mine :), and maybe adopt to that kind of situation that I commonly use Lyuda. But the ammo consumption still an issue, and I'm not sure about the usage in extremely long ranges. Considering that there's a conservative Jackobs fanboy here, probably gonna stay with my Skookun Hawkeye to pick up savages a mile away, in Hunters Grotto.

ps - it's difficult to a portuguese speaker write in english about serious things, so excuse any grammar or spelling mistake.

Your grammar is much better than most English speaking and writing people that post on Gamefaqs.

Hawkeye is definitely better from a mile than the Sloth, but surprisingly not by much.
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ones instead of L's and a space between the two words)
Various Borderlands 2 glitches: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgdactVBsYk
#142AlleRacingPosted 2/15/2013 10:28:10 PM
I really think you underscored the Lyuda in these tests. In my experience, a Gromky Lyuda does about the same damage, shot for shot, as the Pacifying Sloth (same story with Razrez and Night versions), they both have excellent fire rates, with the Lyuda having better control over shots fired, and with extra, equal damage projectiles that split off. At the right distance, all 3 projectiles hit the same point for triple damage and triple The Bee damage. At another distance, the shots line up nicely with loader critical spots. I'd really like to see you take the Gromky Lyuda through The Beatdown and Washburne Refinery.

Also, I believe a lot of guns get slight bonuses for matching grips and stocks. Dahls get an extra round per burst with the matching stock, IIRC, for example. I also thing the premise of 'per trigger pull' unfairly favours Dahls and punishes Vladofs. Vladofs and Dahls achieve similar fire rates, but Vladofs can still fire one shot with one pull of the trigger, where Dahls fire 3-4, despite them both being able to put up similar sustained fire rates.

tl;dr: you heavily underrated the Lyuda.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#143KaBoom1322Posted 2/16/2013 4:13:29 AM
I finally watched thevideo.It is very informative and intresting.Well done.The results were very suprising aswell.
---
Being unintelligent is the worst possible curse.
#144Majik25Posted 2/16/2013 4:29:48 AM
SinisterBlade posted...
I love how you put your owm time, effort and occasionaly sanity, creating something for the community to help them and some still think they have a right to be impatient and yell @ the content creator. Like you owe them. People cant realize how unbelievably selfish they can be, I hope..

Fred doesnt owe you anything, Majik. Instead of getting whiny with no merit, just wait. Or if its so “bs”, why not make it yourself.
No?
Then please, sit down, be quiet and be patient.
This lack of appreciation is stunning to me.

I don't have to be patient, I really don't care, lol.
---
Xbox Live Gt - Majik518
#145xXXxMrBxXXxPosted 2/16/2013 7:04:22 AM
Good vid, but the fact that you used the Bee to test the weapons, makes it absolutly moot in my opinion. You can't actually see the weapons qualities. For exemple, the White death is devastating even without the Bee. All we can see here is that the Bee makes everything powerfull. But we already knew that.

So, yeah, catchy video title, and that's it.
#146olidezPosted 2/16/2013 8:28:02 AM
Thanks for sharing !
I barely use snipers, except the Pimpernel and the Cobra because they don't require lots of skill.
---
Gamertag : Llamia
#147R0880Posted 2/16/2013 8:32:17 AM
I can kill Terramorphous with the Lyuda faster than I can with any other sniper (maybe 90-120 secs non Bee), but thing is different snipers will be good for different situations.

I feel you should have included raids in testing, as most white weapons will sweep the floor with common mobs.
#148SinisterBladePosted 2/16/2013 9:01:07 AM
Majik25 posted...
SinisterBlade posted...
I love how you put your owm time, effort and occasionaly sanity, creating something for the community to help them and some still think they have a right to be impatient and yell @ the content creator. Like you owe them. People cant realize how unbelievably selfish they can be, I hope..

Fred doesnt owe you anything, Majik. Instead of getting whiny with no merit, just wait. Or if its so “bs”, why not make it yourself.
No?
Then please, sit down, be quiet and be patient.
This lack of appreciation is stunning to me.

I don't have to be patient, I really don't care, lol.

Sure you say that now, but if you truly didn't care you wouldn't have posted in the first place and I would haven't had quoted you.

Weak reply after so long.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#149KaBoom1322Posted 2/16/2013 9:03:39 AM
lol.
---
Being unintelligent is the worst possible curse.
#150jloewensteinPosted 2/16/2013 9:58:09 AM
Still have it :D

Mine is not the night version, is the liquid fire one, but I'm ok with this. It really can pack a punch, even without the crit multiplier, and the stability prefix assures what the thing has the best - tree bullets in bullseye, always.

Tested with Doc Mercy all night, and the fat pr1ck is in hell trying to figure what happened to him. With the bee*, class mod, and in the last second of deception, just one trigger pull to do a miniboss.

I've tested it with the scags too, and the issue was not the slow bullets (velocity equiped). The problem was the ridiculous small clip for a burst fire weapon. But my grandmother said something to me when I was a little boy: "son, if they know where you are and are coming fast, don't be a moron, drop the sniper rifle, toss a grenade and pull something big to whack the motherf*s". Words of wisdom and kindness.

* If you are sniping, there's no reason to not use the bee, or at least another amp shield, if Hellquist is too much for you. Your shield is your position. Strictu sensu, sniping is about killing from a distance that exceeds the detection and/or reaction capabilities of the target. The best thing you can do to grant your position is one hit kill the tango (or one trigger pull kill, in the case of sloth;), so the other foes are not alerted. If you like attention and fire lots of bullets, well, quit sniping and try be a gunzerker.