Best Sniper in the game video nearly done... SURPRISING results.

#151xXXxMrBxXXxPosted 2/16/2013 11:22:04 AM
jloewenstein posted...
Still have it :D

Mine is not the night version, is the liquid fire one, but I'm ok with this. It really can pack a punch, even without the crit multiplier, and the stability prefix assures what the thing has the best - tree bullets in bullseye, always.

Tested with Doc Mercy all night, and the fat pr1ck is in hell trying to figure what happened to him. With the bee*, class mod, and in the last second of deception, just one trigger pull to do a miniboss.

I've tested it with the scags too, and the issue was not the slow bullets (velocity equiped). The problem was the ridiculous small clip for a burst fire weapon. But my grandmother said something to me when I was a little boy: "son, if they know where you are and are coming fast, don't be a moron, drop the sniper rifle, toss a grenade and pull something big to whack the motherf*s". Words of wisdom and kindness.

* If you are sniping, there's no reason to not use the bee, or at least another amp shield, if Hellquist is too much for you. Your shield is your position. Strictu sensu, sniping is about killing from a distance that exceeds the detection and/or reaction capabilities of the target. The best thing you can do to grant your position is one hit kill the tango (or one trigger pull kill, in the case of sloth;), so the other foes are not alerted. If you like attention and fire lots of bullets, well, quit sniping and try be a gunzerker.

Not sure if serious, because, hey, once you pulled the trigger, you will draw the aggro of all ennemies in the area, regardless of stealth, or anything...This is borderlands, not snipingsim2013...
#152jloewensteinPosted 2/16/2013 11:39:12 AM
xXXxMrBxXXx posted...
jloewenstein posted...

Mine is not the night version, is the liquid fire one, but I'm ok with this. It really can pack a punch, even without the crit multiplier, and the stability prefix assures what the thing has the best - tree bullets in bullseye, always.

Tested with Doc Mercy all night, and the fat pr1ck is in hell trying to figure what happened to him. With the bee*, class mod, and in the last second of deception, just one trigger pull to do a miniboss.

I've tested it with the scags too, and the issue was not the slow bullets (velocity equiped). The problem was the ridiculous small clip for a burst fire weapon. But my grandmother said something to me when I was a little boy: "son, if they know where you are and are coming fast, don't be a moron, drop the sniper rifle, toss a grenade and pull something big to whack the motherf*s". Words of wisdom and kindness.

* If you are sniping, there's no reason to not use the bee, or at least another amp shield, if Hellquist is too much for you. Your shield is your position. Strictu sensu, sniping is about killing from a distance that exceeds the detection and/or reaction capabilities of the target. The best thing you can do to grant your position is one hit kill the tango (or one trigger pull kill, in the case of sloth;), so the other foes are not alerted. If you like attention and fire lots of bullets, well, quit sniping and try be a gunzerker.

Not sure if serious, because, hey, once you pulled the trigger, you will draw the aggro of all ennemies in the area, regardless of stealth, or anything...This is borderlands, not snipingsim2013...

Nope, it doesn't work like that. I one hit kill Doc Mercy and his minions don't give a s* about it. They will just start shooting if they see me. Usually, the area is triggered only if you don't intakill the target, and it allerts the others, or if the others have visual contact with you. Sometimes I think enemies are deaf, in this game.

Of course, there are situations when the death of the enemy itself triggers the area. Hunter Hellquist, for example. In cases like that, I take the advise of my gramma and pull my ravager ou my harold. It would be my desert eagle, in CS. It's fun too.
#153AlleRacingPosted 2/16/2013 11:57:23 AM
Nope, it doesn't work like that. I one hit kill Doc Mercy and his minions don't give a s* about it. They will just start shooting if they see me. Usually, the area is triggered only if you don't intakill the target, and it allerts the others, or if the others have visual contact with you. Sometimes I think enemies are deaf, in this game.

Of course, there are situations when the death of the enemy itself triggers the area. Hunter Hellquist, for example. In cases like that, I take the advise of my gramma and pull my ravager ou my harold. It would be my desert eagle, in CS. It's fun too.

It must be very specific circumstances beyond simply getting a one shot kill. I get one shot kills all the time with Zer0 in Deception, from quite a distance and every enemy is always instantly alerted to my location. I have never not seen this happen.

That said, I've done some more extensive testing. Recorded a video, but I can't be assed to edit it (or get any decent editing software for that matter), it was simply a resource for me to easily put it down in text form.

I have to say, I have no clue how some of the conclusions in that video were made. I constructed a sniper rifle of every type, with the critical bipod and damage shroud, normal (slag if Maliwan) element and fire element (unless Jakobs or always fire). My results seem to differ. I did this on Axton again, fresh respec, no badass rank, with and without The Bee and sniper relic (30%). I had my Legendary class mod on since I couldn't unequip it since my inventory was massively overflowing, but it's the highest damage version. I'll post my results in a bit. All I will say until then is this: dat Pimpernel.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#154xXXxMrBxXXxPosted 2/16/2013 11:59:14 AM(edited)
jloewenstein posted...
xXXxMrBxXXx posted...
jloewenstein posted...

It doesn't work like that on maybe two/three ennemies in the game.Good for you.Point still stands.
#155Master XPosted 2/16/2013 12:06:58 PM
Heh, I have a Night Sloth Corrosive. Used it throughout the game to turn mech enemies to piles of trash. Great for heads hotting too. I got bored of the easiness though. I prefer pin-precision one-shotting, picking everything off.
---
GAMERTAG: Casperstar X "For those of you wondering whether the above made sense, you've just answered your own question."
#156jloewensteinPosted 2/16/2013 12:33:59 PM
AlleRacing posted...

It must be very specific circumstances beyond simply getting a one shot kill. I get one shot kills all the time with Zer0 in Deception, from quite a distance and every enemy is always instantly alerted to my location. I have never not seen this happen.

One hit kill *and* no visual contact from the others. Can be done. But I agree, itself it's sort a especific situation, you're not going to clean whole areas with this strategy. Sooner ou later, you're gonna take the heat, but this time on, you're not sniping anymore, swap to another thing (or even another sniper rifle, like Lyuda or the Pitchfork, in my point of view an AR and a shotgun that use sniper ammo).

I can see right now another topic where some guy (troll?) asks what's the point with this game. That's the poit, you can do everything, including classic sniping. At least for a while;)
#157AlleRacingPosted 2/16/2013 2:07:53 PM
http://i.imgur.com/nE9lKbT.png

Here's my damage chart. I didn't test with The Bee very thoroughly, so I left that out.

Respec/BAR disabled:

Non-crit:
1. Barking Pimpernel (fire)
2. Gentlemen's Pimpernel (fire)
3. Barking Volcano
4. Skookum Skullmasher
5. Gentlemen's Volcano
6. Tumtum Skullmasher
7. Venture Longbow
8. Tumtum Elephant Gun
9. Skookum Cobra
10. Tumtum Cobra

Crit:
3. Barking Pimpernel (slag)
4. Barking Pimpernel (slag)
5. Skookum Skullmasher
6. Tumtum Skullmasher
7. Tumtum Elephant Gun
8. Venture Longbow
9. Skookum Hawkeye
10. Tumtum Buffalo

BAR/Spec'd (mostly Gunpowerder and Gurilla, explosive, normal, and gun damage boosts)

Non-crit:
1. Barking Volcano
2. Barking Pimpernel (fire)
3. Gentlemen's Volcano
4. Gentlemen's Pimpernel (fire)
5. Skookum Skullmasher
6. Tumtum Skullmasher
7. Tumtum Elephant Gun
8. Skookum Cobra
9. Venture Longbow
10. Tumtum Cobra

Crit:
3. Barking Pimpernel (slag)
4. Barking Pimpernel (slag)
5. Skookum Skullmasher
6. Tumtum Skullmasher
7. Tumtum Elephant Gun
8. Venture Longbow
9. Tumtum Buffalo
10. Skookum Hawkeye

So these are the most powerful sniper rifles, shot for shot. The Pimpernel is a pure powerhouse, since one of the explosions always seems to hit the target as well. Aiming at the crotch to crit produced some extreme damage, more damage than the Skullmasher and Elephant Gun combined. As expected, the automatic and burst firing weapons did less damage per shot, but their fire rate should make up for it. Note that I did not count the extra projectiles on the Lyuda and Pitchfork.

If we count 'per trigger pull' for the burst fire guns (note, the Sloth will fire a 4 round burst and the Pitchfork will fire a 5 round burst, as does the Invader) and perhaps a 4 round burst from the automatics (since the fire rate is pretty similar and it's a short enough burst to easily keep on target, only seems fair), here's the new order:

Respec/BAR disabled/Accounting for Burst:

Non-crit:
1. Pacifying Sloth (fire) - 199k
2. Night Sloth (fire) - 184k
3. Gromky Lyuda (fire) - 170k
4. Pacifying Pitchfork (fire) - 165k
5. Razrez Lyuda (fire) - 155k
6. Night Pitchfork (fire) - 149k
7. Pacifying Sloth - 136k
8. Night Sloth - 126k
9. Auditing Invader (fire) - 123k
10. Gromky Lyuda - 116k

Crit:
1. Barking Pimpernel (fire) - 877k
2. Gentlemen's Pimpernel (fire) - 839k
3. Night Sloth (fire) - 808k
4. Pacifying Sloth (fire) - 796k
5. Gromky Lyuda (fire) - 764k
6. Razrez Lyuda (fire) - 760k
7. Pacifying Pitchfork (fire) - 660k
8. Night Pitchfork (fire) - 655k
9. Night Sloth - 552k
10. Pacifying Sloth - 544k

BAR/Spec'd

Non-crit:
1. Pacifying Sloth (fire) - 322k
2. Night Sloth (fire) - 297k
3. Gromky Lyuda (fire) - 274k
4. Pacifying Pitchfork (fire) - 267k
5. Razrez Lyuda (fire) - 251k
6. Pacifying Sloth - 247k
7. Night Pitchfork (fire) - 240k
8. Night Sloth - 228k
9. Gromky Lyuda - 211k
10. Auditing Invader (fire) - 200k

Crit:
1. Barking Pimpernel (fire) - 1472k
2. Gentlemen's Pimpernel (fire) - 1404k
3. Night Sloth (fire) - 1364k
4. Pacifying Sloth (fire) - 1348k
5. Gromky Lyuda (fire) - 1288k
6. Razrez Lyuda (fire) - 1276k
7. Pacifying Pitchfork (fire) - 1115k
8. Night Pitchfork (fire) - 1105k
9. Night Sloth - 1048k
10. Pacifying Sloth - 1036k
---
#158AlleRacingPosted 2/16/2013 2:08:02 PM
I did the Barking Pimpernel (fire) with The Bee and slag, hit a 7 million crit. Most enemies at level 50 don't even have that much health, so a full crit burst from these sniper rifles would be mostly wasted. If even a few of the Lyuda's or Pitchfork's extra projectiles land, they win hands down in terms of damage output.
---
#159deadlyfred(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 1:15:41 AM
AlleRacing posted...
http://i.imgur.com/nE9lKbT.png

---TRUNCATED TO SAVE ROOM----

Crit:
1. Barking Pimpernel (fire) - 1472k
2. Gentlemen's Pimpernel (fire) - 1404k
3. Night Sloth (fire) - 1364k
4. Pacifying Sloth (fire) - 1348k
5. Gromky Lyuda (fire) - 1288k
6. Razrez Lyuda (fire) - 1276k
7. Pacifying Pitchfork (fire) - 1115k
8. Night Pitchfork (fire) - 1105k
9. Night Sloth - 1048k
10. Pacifying Sloth - 1036k

Pretty awesome stuff there. Nice job. I was using the Phosfer Sloth on the firing range and apparently it's beast.

At the time of recording I did not know how to use the Pimpernel. Even now I still have trouble getting it to be consistent. But it absolutely demolishes large targets.
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ones instead of L's and a space between the two words)
Various Borderlands 2 glitches: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgdactVBsYk