Best Sniper in the game video nearly done... SURPRISING results.

#71AlleRacingPosted 2/14/2013 11:24:21 AM
i was actually thinking this. its really hurt atm from the glitch. a crit with all pellets hitting does some serious damage when it is all calculated correctly

The Buffalo out-damages the Skullmasher, both on crit and off.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#72jloewensteinPosted 2/14/2013 11:25:44 AM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
jreed1337 posted...
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
jreed1337 posted...
It's just too subjective to claim there is a best in class weapon in this game.

Recoil, fire rate, how it feels while firing, elements, ect. Some situations call for certain attributes from a gun that in other situations make it useless.

Raw damage doesn't equal best to me really. Also there is a big difference is character usage. I have my Sal pumping out 980K damage constantly with the sniper I am using right now.

Also, play style has a lot to do with it. but meh, have fun.

i made the same statement in the 2nd response or so. still, im curious what his results were.

i highly doubt that im going to see anything that will make me hang up my skorry white death though.

the "best" is what you have that works well for you. probably should have been phrased a little different, but whatever

is the white death a railer or is that the pink gun? sorry, im not to keen on all the names in the game. though i think the pink one is a jacobs?

legendary vladof, broski.

Is the name old folks give to Lyuda.
#73alekakaPosted 2/14/2013 11:39:37 AM
tumtum hawk eye
#74AlleRacingPosted 2/14/2013 1:02:32 PM
i was actually thinking this. its really hurt atm from the glitch. a crit with all pellets hitting does some serious damage when it is all calculated correctly

Must have changed since last time, just retested. Was doing 605k criticals with the Skullmasher and only 434k with the Buffalo. Could have sworn last time I tested was before The Bee nerf.

That said, I just tested every unique/legendary/seraph sniper rifle in the game (didn't do purples or e-techs) on my Axton. The usual suspects were the ones that performed the best. The Skookum Skullmasher had the highest crit damage for me at 605k (note I didn't respec or disable BAR, which is ~9.5% across the board), and could keep it up with a good fire rate. The Tumtum Elephant came second at 590k, with the Tumtum Buffalo in third at 434k. The Gromky Lyuda had devastating DPS, 250k or so per shot with only the middle projectile hitting with a fire rate that puts it up there with the Skullmasher, an elemental one would have soared well past the Skullmasher. The Skookum Cobra had the highest non-critical damage at 105k (boosted by my explosive skills though, the Tumtum Elephant at 96k probably would have won with the Tumtum Buffalo in second at 70k or so, then the Cobra without my skills on, probably closer to 65k), and fairly respectable critical of 340k or so. These three heavy hitters had horrible fire rates, of course. The Skookum and Tumtum Hawkeye felt lackluster. It can probably be paired with a skill set to make it shine, but the Skullmasher was out-criticalling it, and that's all it has going for it. The Patriot was like a worse Lyuda. Pimpernel was pretty slick, the appropriate elemental one should work wonders for crowds. The Barking Volcano did decently since it's always fire (tried to use non-elemental/slag versions so I didn't get any extra multipliers). The Auditing and Venture Invader were pure crap. The Pacifying and Night Sloth were okay, about the same damage as the Lyuda with burst fire instead of controllable automatic fire and without the extra projectiles. The Pitchfork was hard to gauge, since I couldn't land all the projectiles on the dummy. Having used it before on Terra, though, it had been pretty damn potent. Fremmington's Edge was okay, nothing special. Venture Longbow did well since it was fire. Trespasser is okay. Cherie-Amie was nothing special.

So, uh, yeah. Don't really see what should have surprised me. The Gromky Lyuda and Skookum Skullmasher are probably the two best snipers for most situations, with a couple nods to the Skookum Cobra, Barking Pimpernel, maybe Pacifying Pitchfork on large enemies, maybe Skookum Hawkeye in some special critical build, and Skookum Trespasser for Voracidous. An incendiary and corrosive pair of Lyudas would be pretty mean, GF ammo.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#75Argyle_GargoylePosted 2/14/2013 1:11:56 PM
AlleRacing posted...

Must have changed since last time, just retested. Was doing 605k criticals with the Skullmasher and only 434k with the Buffalo. Could have sworn last time I tested was before The Bee nerf.

That said, I just tested every unique/legendary/seraph sniper rifle in the game (didn't do purples or e-techs) on my Axton. The usual suspects were the ones that performed the best. The Skookum Skullmasher had the highest crit damage for me at 605k (note I didn't respec or disable BAR, which is ~9.5% across the board), and could keep it up with a good fire rate. The Tumtum Elephant came second at 590k, with the Tumtum Buffalo in third at 434k. The Gromky Lyuda had devastating DPS, 250k or so per shot with only the middle projectile hitting with a fire rate that puts it up there with the Skullmasher, an elemental one would have soared well past the Skullmasher. The Skookum Cobra had the highest non-critical damage at 105k (boosted by my explosive skills though, the Tumtum Elephant at 96k probably would have won with the Tumtum Buffalo in second at 70k or so, then the Cobra without my skills on, probably closer to 65k), and fairly respectable critical of 340k or so. These three heavy hitters had horrible fire rates, of course. The Skookum and Tumtum Hawkeye felt lackluster. It can probably be paired with a skill set to make it shine, but the Skullmasher was out-criticalling it, and that's all it has going for it. The Patriot was like a worse Lyuda. Pimpernel was pretty slick, the appropriate elemental one should work wonders for crowds. The Barking Volcano did decently since it's always fire (tried to use non-elemental/slag versions so I didn't get any extra multipliers). The Auditing and Venture Invader were pure crap. The Pacifying and Night Sloth were okay, about the same damage as the Lyuda with burst fire instead of controllable automatic fire and without the extra projectiles. The Pitchfork was hard to gauge, since I couldn't land all the projectiles on the dummy. Having used it before on Terra, though, it had been pretty damn potent. Fremmington's Edge was okay, nothing special. Venture Longbow did well since it was fire. Trespasser is okay. Cherie-Amie was nothing special.

So, uh, yeah. Don't really see what should have surprised me. The Gromky Lyuda and Skookum Skullmasher are probably the two best snipers for most situations, with a couple nods to the Skookum Cobra, Barking Pimpernel, maybe Pacifying Pitchfork on large enemies, maybe Skookum Hawkeye in some special critical build, and Skookum Trespasser for Voracidous. An incendiary and corrosive pair of Lyudas would be pretty mean, GF ammo.

honestly this sounds to be about exactly what i would have expected.

its clear that different rifles excel in particular areas and some particular tasks.

i personally have a tum tum skullmasher, and i can say it still performs pretty well, even with the multi shot problem.

on my zer0, i usualy carry my skookum muckamuck (thanks terra), and my skorry white death (shock) and i have very little trouble popping skulls with either
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#76deadlyfred(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 1:55:02 PM
Took the day to get footage of the different top 10 guns vs. the first group in the Beatdown and then once more at Wasburn refinery.

Still my surprising gun excelled. Pimpernel did very well also. I owned robots with the Skookum Hawkeye.
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ones instead of L's and a space between the two words)
Various Borderlands 2 glitches: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgdactVBsYk
#77SinisterBladePosted 2/14/2013 3:56:15 PM
alekaka posted...
tumtum hawk eye

Lol, TumTum, how cute.

Try a Skookum Hawky. Mind BLOWN (literally)

:P

You need an patriots? I have quite a few of em actually.. They are much more friendly since the hotfix. But im gonna get some sleep, so if you dont see this till later, idk when I can drop em off, but Ih them just in case.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#78Majik25Posted 2/14/2013 5:26:05 PM
This is the best troll topic going, you idiots are just eating up his garbage.
---
Xbox Live Gt - Majik518
#79deadlyfred(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 7:49:52 PM
Majik25 posted...

Dude, it takes time to put this together. I had to coordinate a lot of weapons across multiple characters and luckily I had some help from nice people.

I need to run a couple more guns through the paces and this will be done.
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ones instead of L's and a space between the two words)
Various Borderlands 2 glitches: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgdactVBsYk
#80capnovanPosted 2/14/2013 7:59:17 PM
deadlyfred posted...
Majik25 posted...

Dude, it takes time to put this together. I had to coordinate a lot of weapons across multiple characters and luckily I had some help from nice people.

I need to run a couple more guns through the paces and this will be done.

Don't mind him. It's Valentine's Day and he has no one to shoot his Tum Tum Buffalo with.
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!