"There is no right way to play this game"

#21Argyle_GargoylePosted 2/14/2013 10:59:27 AM
Kamden_T posted...
KaBoom1322 posted...
Snoop.I know they will still dupe BUT i figured i'd keep annoying then with these topics,might make themstop posting"LF"

Nothing will stop the LF topics. I even tried the Gearbox forum's for a while until I realized that most of the trade topics(they do not allow duping topics) were actually just duping topics in disguise, it is all legit trade only talk until you join the game.

this disheartened the hell outta me too. i was super excited to do actual trading. but it got pretty clear that their trades were all duped as nobody EVER refused any offer, and if you went and checked their trade lists after the deal was done, somehow they ALWAYS had a spare of the exact same item.

i gave up on finding actual trades at this point. i just find my own stuff and use it
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#22TheD1ddlerPosted 2/14/2013 12:16:43 PM
people are always going to do what they want to do. this argument is beating a dead horse by now. look at the war on drugs, been going on since 1972 and i bet this war against dupers will last just as long
---
---
xbl gamertag: xAbsolut Zero
#23MosebysRangersPosted 2/14/2013 1:23:38 PM
My guess is about 95% of the board has probably recieved an duped item whether they want to admit it or not.

Having played a great many hours and knowing how many actual I items I have obtained through routine gameplay along with playing with a friend who has played even more with me and by himself including repetitive farming my guess is that people do not have that many legendaries and uniques via normal methods.

When one trades for an item there is guarantee that the item has not been duplicated at some point. People who want to believe this makes such item "legit" are only fooling themselves.

As to topic there is no right way to play this game is correct.

The game manual does not establish any rules and guidelines to what is consider the right way to play game.

Only guidelines required to play the game is the ones on screen/in the manual needed to get the game loaded, create classes, fire, move, throw grenades, equip gear, assign skills etc etc. These are the only guidelines that needed to be followed as they are explained in the manual plus required to play the game. One knows if the following these guidelines because one is playing the game and hopefully having fun. If one is not having fun than one should take the game back and get some turn in value.
#24RinglercorpPosted 2/14/2013 1:36:17 PM
OLD_MAN_GAMER posted...
i made out with my cousin once...then evil smash glitched

If you don't have the same last name, you'll all good bro!
---
NOPE! It's just Chuck Testa.
#25ManInBlack_77Posted 2/14/2013 2:06:51 PM
What's the difference between farming and duping?

Farming takes longer.
---
Time magazine's Man of the Year in 2006! Really. Google it if you don't believe me.
#26kylekillgannonPosted 2/14/2013 2:14:45 PM
ManInBlack_77 posted...
What's the difference between farming and duping?

Farming takes longer.

That's why people who Farm make claims against duping. Because it threatens their sense of validation.

Honestly I try to at least get one of every gun I own, then I myself dupe it and then in turn look for parties with a better model, and ask for them to help a brother out. They're pretty nice people.

This is like people with Modern day materialistic values complaining because Star Trek technology has made it possible for us all to have everything we want. They just want some kind of merit to hold over others.
---
History is written by those who have hanged heroes.
#27VeritasAbIratoPosted 2/14/2013 2:17:10 PM
Ringlercorp posted...
OLD_MAN_GAMER posted...

LMFAO
#28OLD_MAN_GAMERPosted 2/14/2013 2:19:55 PM
VeritasAbIrato posted...
Ringlercorp posted...
OLD_MAN_GAMER posted...

LMFAO

...nice- different last names...im calling her back tonight...
#29sole005Posted 2/14/2013 2:29:07 PM
I generally agree with what you're saying but In a year or two, when we have all moved on to new games, will these digital representations of items matter? They won't. So just play to have fun. That's the only proper way to play a game.
#30jreed1337Posted 2/14/2013 3:03:48 PM
sole005 posted...
I generally agree with what you're saying but In a year or two, when we have all moved on to new games, will these digital representations of items matter? They won't. So just play to have fun. That's the only proper way to play a game.

pff, this is gamefaqs. take your well thought out and intelligent post and find somebody who gives a crap about your nicely articulated thoughts!

=P
---
1+3+3=7