"There is no right way to play this game"

#51Kpt_KapowskiPosted 2/14/2013 6:00:28 PM
kiwimyweewee posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
Oh dear. I didn't realise that I was doing it wrong. I shall stop duping immediately.

Nah, screw it. I'mma keep cheating.

that's cool. My main problem is with the idiots that say "it's not cheating because the manual doesn't say it is", or any other stupid rationalization.

Cheating is cheating is cheating.

As long as you can admit that, we're good. I may heckle you from time to time, but I really don't care what you do in your game.

Hey you denied being a cheater why can't they?

Lololol

I feel like im missing something...
---
Borderlands 2 BAR: 72762
#52RinglercorpPosted 2/14/2013 6:01:24 PM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
Oh dear. I didn't realise that I was doing it wrong. I shall stop duping immediately.

Nah, screw it. I'mma keep cheating.

that's cool. My main problem is with the idiots that say "it's not cheating because the manual doesn't say it is", or any other stupid rationalization.

Cheating is cheating is cheating.

As long as you can admit that, we're good. I may heckle you from time to time, but I really don't care what you do in your game.

^ I can respect that.

I dupe (cheat) because it's easier. I just don't want to farm for that long. Does that make me lazy? Yup, probably!

The pro vs. anti duping war will never end, so I am just gonna do how I do and try not to get involved anymore. I am playing Borderlands for the enjoyment of shooting people in the face with the best gear possible (that I cheated to get).

If anyone wants to call me lazy, I don't care. Just remember that I could beat you up in real life :P
---
NOPE! It's just Chuck Testa.
#53kiwimyweeweePosted 2/14/2013 6:02:23 PM
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/942810-borderlands/60430134

It was this terrible topic.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#54KaBoom1322(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 6:04:54 PM
I'm afraid,so very afraid.
---
Being unintelligent is the worst possible curse.
#55Kpt_KapowskiPosted 2/14/2013 6:11:31 PM
kiwimyweewee posted...

Terrible? No, my good sir. That was ******* awesome.

Literally the most fun I've had on GFAQS.
---
Borderlands 2 BAR: 72762
#56MoukaryuuPosted 2/14/2013 6:14:10 PM
I don't dupe and don't accept duped items but at least they don't screw up my save like in the original Borderlands. As long as that is true, then I don't really care. It doesn't affect me.
---
Joy puking my face off
#57stickboy2323Posted 2/14/2013 6:57:48 PM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
kiwimyweewee posted...

Terrible? No, my good sir. That was ******* awesome.

Literally the most fun I've had on GFAQS.

I remember that.

As to the topic at hand. Here is an excerpt from an interview that Randy Pitchford did about 2 weeks before BL2 released. (Question followed by answer)

—In the original Borderlands, it was possible to dupe weapons in multi-player games by having one player drop his entire inventory onto the ground, and quit the multi-player session without saving.

This turned out to be a godsend for many Borderlands players, as friends didn’t need to bicker over who gets which legendary weapons in a co-op playthrough. It also made money a non-issue in the game – which was great because people could focus on playing it, rather than grind for money or weapons.

Was this intentional design, or was it something you guys didn’t realise was possible until the game had launched? If it had been the latter, could you talk about why you ultimately decided not to patch the game to remove the exploit (which for the most part did not negatively impact players’ game experience)? And more important, will players be able to do this in Borderlands 2?

We realized that duping was possible. There are a lot of things that are possible that are, at their roots, a form of cheating. We could’ve stopped it, but we would’ve had to do some nasty things under the hood or require an always-on experience [like in Diablo 3], which we’re not really motivated to enforce since there are so many users who have offline use cases that we do not want to interrupt.

Also, it would’ve taken a lot of resource and attention to stop that kind of behavior, and for what? We think it’s kind of fun for some people to exploit systems. We don’t like it when players purposefully try to ruin the experience for others and we have taken pains to do a better job of making that harder to do, but we think players who are having fun with the systems are still having fun. There’s a fuzzy line there that is difficult to see, but I’m pretty certain our philosophies are right on the matter and we do our best to try to make our software and our priorities fit with our philosophies. There are always limits in time and space and human capability, but I think if I focus on our intent the right solutions tend to naturally follow.

Sounds like Mr. Pitchford is anti-duping himself but understands the main reason people do it. Fun. The only "right" way to play any game is the way that provides the most fun. For some that involves exploiting/glitching. For others the fun comes by playing it straight. I don't think either way is right or wrong, just different.
---
Badass Rank: 0
#58PanopictonguyPosted 2/14/2013 6:59:47 PM
fakesnoop77 posted...
KaBoom1322 posted...
I can respect that.I just hate all the LF topics and"dupe me this head plz"I was gonna try and evil smash once though.

Found it.

The good ol'days HA!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/942810-borderlands/54192601

That topic just mind raped me. It's like looking at the past, present, and future of the Borderlands boards & community simultaneously.

This post in particular will no doubt be reborn after they increase the cap.

Some people just enjoy having the best guns, no matter how they got them.

However, it's Gearbox that is killing this game more than the modders/dupers/glitchers in my opinion. Yeah, they gave us a few treats with the level cap being raised and more guns to be found, but now there's nothing left to do except kill Crawmerax, over and over again. The rest of the game is useless to anyone who downed Knoxx, because there's no good loot in there. The armory glitch has screwed over a ton of people, and so on.

Good loot drops are so few and far inbetween, it's just gotten old. I'm putting the game down for a week myself. There's a massive free leech going on, so I've got other things to do. I'll decide if I want to continue playing sometime next week, but more than likely I'm done for a while, at least until the next DLC

---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.