So for Snipers "Weapon Damage > Critical Damage"?

#1sshadow5002Posted 2/14/2013 3:11:18 PM
Is Weapon Damage more important that Critical Damage on a Sniper?
---
A 2006 study concluded that 82% of people who don't know what they're talking about use false statistics.
#2genesis42Posted 2/14/2013 3:13:27 PM
Only on Jakobs, due to the massive hidden crit bonus that they automatically receive.
---
GT: SevenDeadIySin
#3sshadow5002(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 3:18:35 PM
Ah I see...I've been farming Sloths and have a complete set of Crit boosting Snipers in all elements.

I guess this is a good time to stop farming.
---
A 2006 study concluded that 82% of people who don't know what they're talking about use false statistics.
#4SinisterBladePosted 2/14/2013 3:21:10 PM
It depends. DPShot in this game is never black and white. Though typically Skookum surpasses TumTum on Jakobs for example. It has to with the way damage is calculated. Even on the Hawkeye, where you would initially think more crit is better, if you test them, you will notice a very radical gap in the DPS. Conversely, weapons like the Skullmasher, benefit more from TumTum, which once you understand the damage system, it makes sense. But because crit damage is always based on and applied after your base damage, + damage is superior. Especially because +crit damage needs to hit a crit point to even have any real effect. +DMG is obviously always in effect, so even if you mess up, youre still gaining the benefits.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#5sshadow5002(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 3:28:17 PM
I kinda understand...so is shot damage or critical damage better on a sloth? :P
---