That's Borderlands for you *spoilers*

#1Carlito424Posted 2/14/2013 8:37:25 PM
Before I start just wanted to say little by little I'm enjoying this game more and more.

I just started this week and my first class was Zero because I love sniping in games (even though now I'm hearing in this board that anyone can be an awesome sniper in this game but that's an other story) so I start off (loot wasn't so great so far and Im thinking ahhh maybe its because its the start of the game) and made it to sanctuary and was about lvl 12 and trying to finish Marcus' side mission with the different weapon types and got stuck on corrosive because I never got one.
So today I started off as Maya because I thought it would be appropriate to give her Moxxi's shotgun. So I finish off the bully that stole claptrap's eye and behold he drops a rare orange corrosive pistol that's awesome and I'm like wow well I'd be damned. (Keep in mind I've just been getting white's and greens with Zero) but is it because I started with a new class that now I'm getting better loot or is it just pure luck?
#2youngunner2123Posted 2/14/2013 8:38:57 PM
Pure luck/Random drop
---
Your arms are too short to box with GOD!!!
#3stickboy2323Posted 2/14/2013 8:45:58 PM
Carlito424 posted...
...trying to finish Marcus' side mission with the different weapon types and got stuck on corrosive because I never got one.

If you open your inventory while on the mission you will find that the game gives you the weapons you need to complete the mission.
---
Badass Rank: 0
#4Carlito424(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 8:50:40 PM
stickboy2323 posted...
Carlito424 posted...
...trying to finish Marcus' side mission with the different weapon types and got stuck on corrosive because I never got one.

If you open your inventory while on the mission you will find that the game gives you the weapons you need to complete the mission.

Oh crap are you serious, I never noticed that. I thought you had to have that weapon type in your backpack. Wow I feel dumb lol
#5capnovanPosted 2/14/2013 8:55:00 PM
Carlito424 posted...
stickboy2323 posted...
Carlito424 posted...

Oh crap are you serious, I never noticed that. I thought you had to have that weapon type in your backpack. Wow I feel dumb lol

Yeah, it'll have a star by it. If you want to keep the corrosive gun (next will be a shock one and then a slag one), just don't finish the mission. Until you find a better one, at least.
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!