What is this shotgun pellet glitch I keep hearing about?

#1Knight_Rider_3KPosted 2/15/2013 5:27:31 PM
My shotguns seem to be ok. How does it work?
---
You may beat me at a game, but with my smoking hot wife, I win at life.
#2Azrael0206Posted 2/15/2013 5:34:50 PM
Where did you hear about it?
You may be asking about an old "unintended" effect of The Bee on shotgun pellet damage distribution.
If so, it's been patched and is no longer exploitable.
---
Assistant Manager at Foveroula and Acid's Pawn Shop
Pokemon Black FC: 2709 5858 9913
#3Knight_Rider_3K(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 5:46:18 PM
No, it was something about shotgun damage unintentionally reduced due to a patch. Randoms on my last game. I have each character specialize in a weapon type, and my Commando has a varitiy of shotguns. Other players didn't care for me.
---
You may beat me at a game, but with my smoking hot wife, I win at life.
#4kiwimyweeweePosted 2/15/2013 5:56:56 PM
Knight_Rider_3K posted...
No, it was something about shotgun damage unintentionally reduced due to a patch. Randoms on my last game. I have each character specialize in a weapon type, and my Commando has a varitiy of shotguns. Other players didn't care for me.

Multiple pellet weapons recieve only approx 10%(I believe someone correct if wrong) of the damage via some skills, relics, and coms. Patched on the pc. Still waiting for console patches though.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#5AlleRacingPosted 2/16/2013 2:29:04 AM
When they nerfed The Bee, they did it by dividing its bonus damage by the weapon's listed pellet count. However, this happened to divide all bonus damage by the listed pellet count. So Onslaught's 30% damage boost would get divided by 10 on a Hearbreaker, or only a pitiful 3% damage boost. This really hurt multi-projectile weapons, especially ones with very high pellet counts. AFAIK, the PC version is patched already.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg