Why isn't immunity to corrode shield working on Gee/worms?

#1pandoraorbPosted 2/15/2013 6:30:16 PM
Those worms tear us up, even when we hide behind the rocks.

My shield supposedly is immune to the last elemental damage inflicted and my buddy's is totally immune to corrosion.

Thx for any help or tips.
---
The Pandora's Box Trilogy--middle grade fantasy--BOOK THREE: FATE and REBIRTH out now!
#2aznghostbusterPosted 2/15/2013 7:45:12 PM
It seems like you were wearing an adaptive shield, which only reduces elemental damage, not give you full immunity. As for your topic title/ question, the simple answer would be that the fight would be too easy if you were completely immune to corrosive damage. Now for strategy: The purpose of killing the worms is to make acid pools appear. The purpose of the acid pools is to damage Gee's shield. So basically all you have to do is:
1. Kill a worm
2. Lure Gee in acid pool by any means necessary (singularity grenades, using yourself or whoever Gee is chasing)
3. Make sure he stays nearby the acid pool long enough for him to absorb the acid
Once he's absorbed the acid, repeat the whole process until he's dead. Also, Gee has a tendency to crouch down and stay in place for a few seconds if you melee attack him, (assuming you're the one he's chasing after) so what you should do is melee attack him while he's directly on top of an acid pool. If you need any more help, just message me on xbox live. My GT is TheLoveFister. Good luck to you. :)
---
"...Platinum Games is an American company with an American name. Square Enix is the most American Japanese company ever..." - GoreGross
#3pandoraorb(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 7:49:18 PM
Thx for the hints. That corrosive damage is just giving us the beatdown.

And we're not really shooting him at all...just some slag damage to help the acid.

So NO shield I wear will give total immunity to the corrosive damage in this battle?
---
The Pandora's Box Trilogy--middle grade fantasy--BOOK THREE: FATE and REBIRTH out now!
#4aznghostbusterPosted 2/15/2013 7:55:48 PM
pandoraorb posted...
Thx for the hints. That corrosive damage is just giving us the beatdown.

And we're not really shooting him at all...just some slag damage to help the acid.

So NO shield I wear will give total immunity to the corrosive damage in this battle?

Unfortunately, no. I tried fighting him with a shield with immunity to corrosive damage before and I still took damage and got rocked lol But what does help is an adaptive shield with a high elemental damage resistance.
---
"...Platinum Games is an American company with an American name. Square Enix is the most American Japanese company ever..." - GoreGross
#5SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 2/15/2013 9:39:20 PM
Just a heads up, when his shield disappears, you can shoot him. He has a lot of health, but it will make him die faster, at least.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#6ChaobringerPosted 2/15/2013 9:41:10 PM
Probably because he would be a joke otherwise.
#7xboxBUNZILLAPosted 2/15/2013 11:13:25 PM
Chaobringer posted...
Probably because he would be a joke otherwise.

nahh hes a joke now, the only time people fight him is to get the achievement, other than that theres no point.
#8AlleRacingPosted 2/16/2013 12:02:11 AM
Master Gee has literally a billion health, roughly 8* what Terramorphous has.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg