You dupers insulting me are...

#41PanopictonguyPosted 2/17/2013 8:03:59 AM
Azrael0206 posted...
I'm on a phone,
It hasn't obliterated my ability to differentiate between your and you're.

Your phone must suck :/

I use swype a lot of the time. When I swype "your" it prioritizes you're. I have no idea why it does that when there is a specific way to swype words that are joined by a apostrophe. It's a pain to have to constantly backspace to erase " 'er" then add "r." It's even more annoying since l just got a Galaxy S3 and the version of swype they just added doesn't agree with the web browser. It doesn't autospace and if I backspace I cannot continue typing unless l delete the entire word.

I short this stuff isn't important enough to me to get out of bed and use the computer. If it looks like what I'm trying to say that good enough. Especially when it's a lot.

I hate touch keyboards. I want qwerty back.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#42youngunner2123Posted 2/17/2013 8:11:23 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
Azrael0206 posted...
I'm on a phone,

I use swype a lot of the time. When I swype "your" it prioritizes you're. I have no idea why it does that when there is a specific way to swype words that are joined by a apostrophe. It's a pain to have to constantly backspace to erase " 'er" then add "r." It's even more annoying since l just got a Galaxy S3 and the version of swype they just added doesn't agree with the web browser. It doesn't autospace and if I backspace I cannot continue typing unless l delete the entire word.

I short this stuff isn't important enough to me to get out of bed and use the computer. If it looks like what I'm trying to say that good enough. Especially when it's a lot.

Ummm do u mean u want real keyboards back?

Qwerty is not a real keyboard or touch. It's the layout of the keyboard that makes it spell out the word qwerty

Jus wondering if u have your keyboard set to qwerty or azerty or qwertz
---
Your arms are too short to box with GOD!!!
#43PanopictonguyPosted 2/17/2013 8:14:17 AM
HeROiiCs posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
HeROiiCs posterarityd...
Disclaimer: I stand in the fence about this topic

I feel the term casual is thrown around as an insult. My question to the people who use it is, what was the last Borderlands 2 tournament you won? This game is Vault Hunter vs Pandora. Pandora has many gifts to give and for once we can do as we please with it. The beauty of BL. Where as CoD you complain about campers or shotgunners, quickscopers or whatever your pet peeve, who ruin the game. On pandora however, you can exploit as much as you want and the game has no problem with it. This forum is a vault in itself, there's just a lot better drop ratio here.

And this is the issue I have.

you're logic. "Borderlands is a community game. The community is suppose to work together to cheat and defeat the purpose of the game."

In you're mind this is how the game meant to be enjoyed. The only time things should be fair is in competition. In co-op games you're suppose to cheat. Because it's co-op it's not cheating it's fun.

What's the point of rarity in a loot game if there is no rarity. It's not about competition or being the best. You can help people without handing them all of the loot.

The logic some of you have blows my mind.

Exploit - Definition: 1.) to utilize especially for profit
2.) to use selfishly for ones own ends
3.) to advance or further
I never said cheat. I said exploit, meaning that gearbox gave u multiple opportunities to further your entertainment. I have duped, used map exploits, and power leveled a character or two. I have over 3 weeks played and I'm still enjoying the game. That's what it's about, play it to your enjoyment. Don't think your better than others in any way because I guarantee they're still having fun.

Irony?

My phone does it to me. What's your excuse?

Dragon's Dogma has a duplication mechanic with cost and penalty. Certain items you get duplicated lose their special properties. While materials for upgrade can be upgraded with no loss other than time.

If they wanted us to dupe they would have implemented an actual mechanic. If they wanted us to exploited they wouldn't be patching the exploits. You're defeating the purpose of the game. It's your time and money invested do what you please. But to insist that the game is meant to be played this way is an insult to people's intelligence and a smack in the developers faces. They made the game to be enjoyed a certain way. Instead of accepting the fact you may notactually like the game, you insist on chaging it to fit your taste then insisting what you changed it to is what it was meant to be.
---
#44KaBoom1322(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 8:19:30 AM
You are 100% correct.
---
Being unintelligent is the worst possible curse.
#45PanopictonguyPosted 2/17/2013 8:19:39 AM
youngunner2123 posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
Azrael0206 posted...
I'm on a phone,

I use swype a lot of the time. When I swype "your" it prioritizes you're. I have no idea why it does that when there is a specific way to swype words that are joined by a apostrophe. It's a pain to have to constantly backspace to erase " 'er" then add "r." It's even more annoying since l just got a GalaxyS3 and the version of swype they just added doesn't agree with the web browser. It doesn't autospace and if I backspace I cannot continue typing unless l delete the entire word.

Ummm do u mean u want real keyboards back?

Qwerty is not a real keyboard or touch. It's the layout of the keyboard that makes it spell out the word qwerty

Jus wondering if u have your keyboard set to qwerty or azerty or qwertz

I use "qwerty" to distinguish physical keyboards from touch input keyboards. More so since my old phone labeled the qwerty interface as "touch input. "

I'm using the "samsung keyboard" right now, which is basically qwerty with a knockoff swype feature.
---
#46youngunner2123Posted 2/17/2013 8:22:38 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
HeROiiCs posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
HeROiiCs posterarityd...

I feel the term casual is thrown around as an insult. My question to the people who use it is, what was the last Borderlands 2 tournament you won? This game is Vault Hunter vs Pandora. Pandora has many gifts to give and for once we can do as we please with it. The beauty of BL. Where as CoD you complain about campers or shotgunners, quickscopers or whatever your pet peeve, who ruin the game. On pandora however, you can exploit as much as you want and the game has no problem with it. This forum is a vault in itself, there's just a lot better drop ratio here.

you're logic. "Borderlands is a community game. The community is suppose to work together to cheat and defeat the purpose of the game."

In you're mind this is how the game meant to be enjoyed. The only time things should be fair is in competition. In co-op games you're suppose to cheat. Because it's co-op it's not cheating it's fun.

What's the point of rarity in a loot game if there is no rarity. It's not about competition or being the best. You can help people without handing them all of the loot.

I never said cheat. I said exploit, meaning that gearbox gave u multiple opportunities to further your entertainment. I have duped, used map exploits, and power leveled a character or two. I have over 3 weeks played and I'm still enjoying the game. That's what it's about, play it to your enjoyment. Don't think your better than others in any way because I guarantee they're still having fun.

Irony?

Dragon's Dogma has a duplication mechanic with cost and penalty. Certain items you get duplicated lose their special properties. While materials for upgrade can be upgraded with no loss other than time.

If they wanted us to dupe they would have implemented an actual mechanic. If they wanted us to exploited they wouldn't be patching the exploits. You're defeating the purpose of the game. It's your time and money invested do what you please. But to insist that the game is meant to be played this way is an insult to people's intelligence and a smack in the developers faces. They made the game to be enjoyed a certain way. Instead of accepting the fact you may notactually like the game, you insist on chaging it to fit your taste then insisting what you changed it to is what it was meant to be.

I think that's BS on their part. I do not make video games or code them and I can tell you that they CAN block duping

1. They have a trade window
2. They have vending machines

Now you are wondering what does that mean

Well simple

3. They also have a Y button that LET'S you DROP items

Why would they implement that feature if they already have a trade mechanic of 4 items and money. And vending machines to let you sell undesirable items?

So how is it that they don't know how to stop duping

Ps #3 ironically is disabled when you have a specific mission item
Lol at how stupid and dumb that is
---
Your arms are too short to box with GOD!!!
#47PanopictonguyPosted 2/17/2013 8:26:23 AM
xboxBUNZILLA posted...
yeah i thought those fancy smart phones had auto correct??

Auto correct and word prediction are the reasons for are the spelling and grammatical errors. The phone don't use context clues it just replaces misspelled words with the closest spelling of the proper word.

I swype really fast so it can get crazy. You usually have to tweak the preferences and accuracy vs speed so it'll fit the user. I don't have time to be bothered with that. Especially when the main issue is your vs you're. I can live with that.

Sidenote: The new version of swype has phrase recognition. So I can type "happy v" and the phone will predict "Happy Valentine's Day. " I found that nifty.
---
#48xboxBUNZILLAPosted 2/17/2013 8:28:48 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
xboxBUNZILLA posted...

Auto correct and word prediction are the reasons for are the spelling and grammatical errors. The phone don't use context clues it just replaces misspelled words with the closest spelling of the proper word.

I swype really fast so it can get crazy. You usually have to tweak the preferences and accuracy vs speed so it'll fit the user. I don't have time to be bothered with that. Especially when the main issue is your vs you're. I can live with that.

Sidenote: The new version of swype has phrase recognition. So I can type "happy v" and the phone will predict "Happy Valentine's Day. " I found that nifty.

but yet you have the time to reply 5 times about how you know how to spell....
#49Kpt_KapowskiPosted 2/17/2013 8:34:23 AM
youngunner2123 posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
HeROiiCs posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
HeROiiCs posterarityd...

Irony?

I think that's BS on their part. I do not make video games or code them and I can tell you that they CAN block duping

1. They have a trade window
2. They have vending machines

Now you are wondering what does that mean

Well simple

3. They also have a Y button that LET'S you DROP items

Why would they implement that feature if they already have a trade mechanic of 4 items and money. And vending machines to let you sell undesirable items?

So how is it that they don't know how to stop duping

Ps #3 ironically is disabled when you have a specific mission item
Lol at how stupid and dumb that is

LMFAO

"I know nothing about how games work, so here's my opinion presented as fact!".
---
Borderlands 2 BAR: 72762
#50RinglercorpPosted 2/17/2013 8:35:26 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
xboxBUNZILLA posted...

To add to that, I am pretty sure the more you use it, the better it gets at predicting what you are going to say. So if you type a****** or c******** or f***** your phone will eventually learn that you use those words a lot.

Very nifty indeed.
---
NOPE! It's just Chuck Testa.