Am I the only one who wants Seraph class mods?

#11Eternal KPosted 2/18/2013 10:10:20 AM
I think it would be neat if the feature of the Seraph class mods was that they didn't boost any skills or stats, but instead gave you maybe 4 or 5 more skill points to add to your skill tree. These skill points would obviously be lost if you started using a different mod.

I haven't really thought the whole thing through, so I don't know what the actually feasibility of this idea is, but it could open up some pretty interesting scenarios for different characters. You could still only get one capstone, but you would be able to reach the tier 3 game changers in both the other trees. You could end up with something like double mag-lock rocket launching longbow turrets, or Many Must Fall with both Bore and Death Mark.

The obvious trade-off is that you don't get any of those additional skill boosts like you would get from a normal Class Mod, but I think it's an interesting idea. Then again, if we get more skill points with the level cap raise, the whole point might be moot anyways.
---
2007 - 2008 NHL Saturday Picks Champion
#12StormWolf12Posted 2/18/2013 10:27:49 AM
Screw bore, I'd get Death Blossoms and mmf
#13incinerator950Posted 2/18/2013 1:05:14 PM
Eternal K posted...
I think it would be neat if the feature of the Seraph class mods was that they didn't boost any skills or stats, but instead gave you maybe 4 or 5 more skill points to add to your skill tree. These skill points would obviously be lost if you started using a different mod.

I haven't really thought the whole thing through, so I don't know what the actually feasibility of this idea is, but it could open up some pretty interesting scenarios for different characters. You could still only get one capstone, but you would be able to reach the tier 3 game changers in both the other trees. You could end up with something like double mag-lock rocket launching longbow turrets, or Many Must Fall with both Bore and Death Mark.

The obvious trade-off is that you don't get any of those additional skill boosts like you would get from a normal Class Mod, but I think it's an interesting idea. Then again, if we get more skill points with the level cap raise, the whole point might be moot anyways.

The majority of COMs add + bonuses to skill trees. Simply giving you free-bees is pointless, increase the level cap and make better COMs. So it's moot to begin with.

I would rather just have any new COMs, Seraph and regular. The Classes are so good that 90% of the COMs are useless once you get your hands on a Legendary, and even then Legendaries will almost always surpass regulars.
---
Glock o'clock
#14H_Panic22Posted 2/18/2013 2:11:56 PM(edited)
jloewenstein posted...
The Seraph Longshot
+5 Headsh0t
+5 Optics
+5 Precisi0n
+5 One sh0t one kill
+5 Kill C0nfirmed
+45% Critical hit damage
-15.990 Shield

People would still defy the purpose and use this to spam Infinity.
---
Gamertag= H Panic22