Will you continue to play if duping gets fixed?

#21PensatoPosted 2/18/2013 1:05:09 PM
your other dad sayz posted...
I wonder if the anti-duping people use the bank vault glitch...

Of course not, they're too busy worrying about how others spend their free time.
#22jloewensteinPosted 2/18/2013 1:06:56 PM
It's not a competitive multiplayer game, so GBX should stop patronizing the way people like to play. I think they realize that with all the love received after the bee nerf.

I don't dupe, I avoid things that turn the game too easy (oh, but I try them all, I'm curious as hell), but is irrelevant to me if people do that in their games.
#23H_Panic22Posted 2/18/2013 1:09:08 PM
Pensato posted...

Of course not, they're too busy creating the same thread 10 times a day.

Fixed it for ya.
---
Gamertag= H Panic22
#24resealablePosted 2/18/2013 1:14:22 PM
IBKNAWTU posted...
Steve0314 posted...
How do you think they will fix it... it isnt like you can stop someone from dropping a weapon and dashboarding... Not saying its not possible to stop duping just curious on how they intend to do it.

As impractical as it is, an inventory log that autosaves to a cloud on disconnect would be the only way, and even then there are loopholes. Or the game could do an autosave every time an item is dropped.

And if you smash the drop button? A forced collective drop would be better but then again there's always the eject button. They would need to make it like in single player. As opposed to multiplayer where items drop while you're still in the menu. Select weapons to drop, autosave and then weapons drop.

If they some how stop duping lots of people would turn to save editing...maybe. building guns isn't much fun but then again it might stop people from just giving the guns away.
---
Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will send me into a downward spiral of infinite despair.
#25xboxBUNZILLAPosted 2/18/2013 1:16:36 PM
H_Panic22 posted...
Pensato posted...

Of course not, they're too busy creating the same thread 10 times a day.

Fixed it for ya.

but this post has a POLL! a POLL! (head exploding gesture)
#26SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 2/18/2013 2:18:22 PM
Even if they were to force save upon dropping an item, there's always a backup save.

If they made it so you can't drop items, congrats, you just ruined the loot system; no more looting, like the PC systems in Pokemon Red/Blue; once you're full, you have to stop what you're doing and go back to a hub in order to get more stuff. Slows pace.

Make it so that dropped items go to the bank? Could work, so long as they increased the bank space dramatically. Plus, it would still be a problem when it fills up. And I'd sure like it if I didn't have to drop a weapon I like to pick up a skin/head.

Of course, if dropping items becomes a hassle, people can just trade in exchange for nothing, then load a backup save with all their loot.

The only real way to remove duping is to prevent a backup save, and that is so inconvenient and unrealistic that I'd have to say that anyone that thinks it's worth implementing is, frankly, a moron.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#27xHuckleberryPosted 2/18/2013 2:33:12 PM
I would quit and never play a GBX game ever again.

I mean seriously. After hitting 50, the only thing left to do was to copy my collection. Then do it again. I dont play bl2 as much as i used to, but when i do i just dupe the hell outta my loot. Just make copies and throw them everywhere. Most.Fun.Ever.
#28THREE6KILLAH77Posted 2/18/2013 2:58:30 PM
I would continue to play, besides if you use a flash drive to save your games you can play offline.
#29jaoman69Posted 2/18/2013 3:00:44 PM
How do you fix that which is not a problem
#30mike468Posted 2/18/2013 7:01:57 PM
Steve0314 posted...
How do you think they will fix it... it isnt like you can stop someone from dropping a weapon and dashboarding... Not saying its not possible to stop duping just curious on how they intend to do it.

I don't think it would be too hard. Just program the game to auto save after you drop any item. Players would end up dash boarding while the game is saving and end up corrupting their save files. Is it impractical? Yes, will the developers do this, probably not. It is possible if they wanted to go this route to fix duping.
---
gamertag: Kabal31082