References

#1E8SiliconPosted 2/18/2013 11:35:05 AM
If you know any references this game makes, list them here. I want to see what people come up with.
---
Ready is my middle name(not really) / GT is E8Silicon
#2Jambi_ManPosted 2/18/2013 11:48:10 AM
Actually just found the Bioshock one last week, in Scarlett's. The Big Daddy with his lil sister(forget their BL names). I loved how the lil sister dropped 2 eridium stacks(Adam).
---
TOOLarmy 4 life. Spiral Out.....
#3jloewensteinPosted 2/18/2013 11:49:54 AM
What do you mean "references"? Pop culture references? Gosh, there are hundreds!

My favorite - the "Deal electrocute damage" challenge, named "Say Watt Again". Reference to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPHuE5pDlEs
#4E8Silicon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 11:54:23 AM
jloewenstein posted...
What do you mean "references"? Pop culture references? Gosh, there are hundreds!

My favorite - the "Deal electrocute damage" challenge, named "Say Watt Again". Reference to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPHuE5pDlEs

Yup, the pop culture ones.
---
Ready is my middle name(not really) / GT is E8Silicon
#5VeritasAbIratoPosted 2/18/2013 12:27:47 PM
Jambi_Man posted...
Actually just found the Bioshock one last week, in Scarlett's. The Big Daddy with his lil sister(forget their BL names). I loved how the lil sister dropped 2 eridium stacks(Adam).

If you are able to kill the big daddy without hurting the little sister you can get a blue level rarity gun called "the little evie" or something along those lines...the gun itself looks as close as it can to the things the little sisters used to collect, what was it, adam i think? Either way its pretty cool...
#6DocOdinePosted 2/18/2013 12:35:03 PM
There are thousands upon thousands.... Personally I like the challenge for killing Psychos, "Mama's Boy".
---
Life is a concert, and I'll be your closing act.
#7F_GalikanokusPosted 2/18/2013 10:34:36 PM
Top five things referenced (in no particular order)

The T.V. show "Rocco's modern life"
The song C.R.E.A.M. by the Wu-Tang Clan
The kids book "If you give a mouse a cookie"
Clint Eastwood's Famous(-ly mis-quoted) monologue from Dirty Harry
The movie "Gone With the Wind"

I mean "gone with the second wind" as a second wind challenge? That's f***in gold right there.
---
"This is America. Kidnapping a Christian? That's worse than harboring a fugitive."
#8chuckleswoodPosted 2/18/2013 11:18:11 PM
"Mighty Morphin"
---
There it is you guys .....Meecrob.
#9I have no namePosted 2/19/2013 5:21:39 AM
The not-so-phantom-tollbooth is a pretty obscure one. I thought I was the only one geeky enough as a kid to be reading what's basically a lesson in English and math.
---
"My show's not a comedy. It's a horrordy. It's called Blood Dumpster."
"Your pilot gave me nightmares!"
#10kornrowPosted 2/19/2013 6:09:56 AM
R.O.U.S. (rodents of unusual size) Princess Bride.
---
GT- psychohaulic