Non-elemental E-tech

#21calistud4evPosted 2/19/2013 4:16:25 AM
They certainly do exist. I remember reading about these months ago, and didn't give it a second thought. So I've been collecting E-techs as of late and just stashing them away on a mule. Well me and my buddy were farming vermiverous for skins in caustic caverns yesterday. The second kill he dropped a Hyperion Dart that was non elemental. I must not of been paying attention because I put it away without firing a shot. So upon reading this thread I decided to go look through my Lv 50 e-tech mule out of curiosity. I found I had two Hyperion darts(one melee attachment) both being non elemental. I'll have to give these each a try.Granted I've never been a fan of the darts/spikers. I'm just thinking about adding a 30% explosive relic. Maybe that would help.We do know they benefit from explosive buffs? The only thing I remember noticing was the basic elemental darts had a base damage of around 9-10k if remember correctly. The non elemental versions were roughly 15k base damage. Hope to hear more regarding these in the future. Their purely a novelty in my opinion, still neat nonetheless. On a side note..... I just got a Vladoff E-Tech corrosive "Dva Spiker".
---
"Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor bastard die for his."-G. S. P.
#22SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 2/19/2013 5:42:10 AM
killbot357 posted...
Sora448 posted...
I've lurked enough to know your reputation killbot lol and that non elemental e-techs certainly do exist, but actually deal explosive damage if I remember right?

Non-elemental e-techs are modded, and do not exist in the actual game code. All e-techs are elemental, and can be modded to have no element, which changes them to explosive.

When you say Pete dropped one just now, you're either lying, or someone you were playing with dropped one after Pete died and you mistook it for a legit drop.

Hyperion Darts are known to be susceptible to glitches, namely non-elemental variants.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=242037
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#23VampLordAdamaruPosted 2/19/2013 7:47:46 AM
killbot357 posted...
Sora448 posted...
I've lurked enough to know your reputation killbot lol and that non elemental e-techs certainly do exist, but actually deal explosive damage if I remember right?

Non-elemental e-techs are modded, and do not exist in the actual game code. All e-techs are elemental, and can be modded to have no element, which changes them to explosive.

When you say Pete dropped one just now, you're either lying, or someone you were playing with dropped one after Pete died and you mistook it for a legit drop.

Seeing as I had a non-elemental Dart drop, yeah, they exist, but they explode after a couple seconds. Darts are the only legit non-elemental E-Techs to my knowledge, though.
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
#24SinisterBladePosted 2/19/2013 12:39:41 PM
VampLordAdamaru posted...
killbot357 posted...
Sora448 posted...

Seeing as I had a non-elemental Dart drop, yeah, they exist, but they explode after a couple seconds. Darts are the only legit non-elemental E-Techs to my knowledge, though.

Only with Hyperion. And yea darts. They have a white particle trail. I haven't had one drop in awhile, but got one from the Sanctuary Chest a few weeks ago. Glitch or otherwise, they can appear in the vanilla game, without any outside influence, even a brand new game, never updated and playing offline.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#25capnovanPosted 2/19/2013 1:30:05 PM
SinisterBlade posted...
VampLordAdamaru posted...
killbot357 posted...
Sora448 posted...

Only with Hyperion. And yea darts. They have a white particle trail. I haven't had one drop in awhile, but got one from the Sanctuary Chest a few weeks ago. Glitch or otherwise, they can appear in the vanilla game, without any outside influence, even a brand new game, never updated and playing offline.

I got a Hyperion Spiker from Pete.
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#26Mizta_SinisterPosted 2/19/2013 2:07:31 PM
I have two non-elemental E-Tech pistols too, and I guarantee you that I didn't get them by hacking. I got one off Bunker (which actually causes explosive damage), and the other out of a chest (a true non-elemental). I'm not sure why you guys think it has to be a hack. Isn't the E-Tech assault rifle that you get from Doc Mercy's corpse a non-elemental E-Tech?
---
It seems to me that rock and roll should never be respectable. - Eric Clapton
XBL: TheOmegaRed88