A few questions regarding Duty Calls. (Axton skill)

#1fakesnoop77Posted 2/19/2013 6:22:36 AM
I have a question regarding this skill.

I understand that the skill increases Axton's Fire Rate and Damage with non-elemental guns. So am I right in thinking that Torgue guns will not benefit from this skill?

If I decide to spec in to this skill then I guess he would benefit from using a non elemental Veruc, Scorpio or even a Lascaux? Basically, Dahl stuff.

Any ideas how to get the best from this skill or is not worth it?

My final build will probably focus on an explosive build with certain guns (Kerblaster, Ravager, Harold, 12 Pounder etc) with +30% explosive relic and Deadly Bloom shield.
---
Fitter, happier, more productive, like a pig in a cage on antibiotics
#2KaBoom1322Posted 2/19/2013 6:25:04 AM
Just get +11 in metal storm,it works for me.
---
Borderlands 2 <3
#3H_Panic22Posted 2/19/2013 6:34:50 AM
KaBoom1322 posted...

This has nothing to do with anything, casual.

To the point, yes, it boosts non elemental weapons (sadly Torgue doesn't qualify), but for an Explosive build those points are better spent in Steady, Do or Die, and Battlefront. Cap it with the Nuke and pick up Scorched Earth in Guerrilla. Close it out with a Grenadier Class Mod and your Explosive weapons will do almost as must as Smashed ones.

What you're banking on is that any listed increase in Grenade Damage is also applied to Explosive weapons. If you'd like I can post my build so you can see what I mean.
---
Gamertag= H Panic22
#4fakesnoop77(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 6:44:50 AM(edited)
H_Panic22 posted...
KaBoom1322 posted...

This has nothing to do with anything, casual.

To the point, yes, it boosts non elemental weapons (sadly Torgue doesn't qualify), but for an Explosive build those points are better spent in Steady, Do or Die, and Battlefront. Cap it with the Nuke and pick up Scorched Earth in Guerrilla. Close it out with a Grenadier Class Mod and your Explosive weapons will do almost as must as Smashed ones.

What you're banking on is that any listed increase in Grenade Damage is also applied to Explosive weapons. If you'd like I can post my build so you can see what I mean.

Great Ideas. If you could post it that'll be great. Just been playing around with his build and not sure if I will keep with the explosive build idea or focus more on Guerilla tree.

I like Dahl stuff (Veruc, Sandhawk, Gwens Head, Emperor, Teapot, Scorpio, Lascaux etc) so just need to think about where that could come in?
---
#5KaBoom1322Posted 2/19/2013 6:43:59 AM
+11 in metal storm used with explosive weapons is devastating,casual.
---
Borderlands 2 <3
#6KaBoom1322Posted 2/19/2013 6:46:20 AM
Snoop,if you need a Kerblaster i can give you my slippery one on saturday.
---
Borderlands 2 <3
#7fakesnoop77(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 6:47:12 AM
KaBoom1322 posted...
Snoop,if you need a Kerblaster i can give you my slippery one on saturday.

I already have three Kerblasters spread across my other characters so Im good thanks
---
#8KaBoom1322Posted 2/19/2013 6:50:50 AM
My build is focused on pistols.I'm planning on getting this gear:Twin hornet,Dp unkempt harold,infinity and a norfleet.
---
Borderlands 2 <3
#9H_Panic22Posted 2/19/2013 6:51:46 AM
KaBoom1322 posted...
+11 in metal storm used with explosive weapons is devastating,casual.

Lmao

Faster =/= Stronger

Get on back to Call of Duty now, sports fan. Pew pew.
---
Gamertag= H Panic22
#10Argyle_GargoylePosted 2/19/2013 6:53:08 AM(edited)
unfortunately it does not affect torgue weapons as they are considered elementals.

i honestly with this skills was lower on the tree. i love to have it for my fire rate builds, but i just cant fit it in to my general axton build. double up turret is way too good to sacrifice for it.

its a good skill if you are lacking in the elemental weapons department, but its bonuses wont really outshine a good elemental weapon that the enemy is weak to.

i feel like it would be very useful for a build where you dont want to bother dealing with enemies resistances and weaknesses. the fire rate and damage will help you to power through everything just a little faster.

if you getb a COM with +6 duty calls, the bonuses start to be pretty significant. +55% damage and +33% fire rate is pretty decent. problem is that axton has other COMs that offer even better bonuses not a bad skill if you have some extra points to toss away and you like NE weapons, but probably not the most optimal skill to design a build around
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!