A few questions regarding Duty Calls. (Axton skill)

#21KaBoom1322Posted 2/19/2013 7:43:13 AM
The auto gunner mod is my favorite axton mod,i'm gonna experiment with other builds tonight.
---
Borderlands 2 <3
#22H_Panic22Posted 2/19/2013 8:02:37 AM
OK here's the base build, the backpack, and active loadout. Ill add the com skills in a bit..my son is watching Sesame Street in my room.

Weapons in Hand

Plump Rifle
Casual Pounder
Miss Moxxi's Creamer
Skookum Cobra

Backpack

DP Harold
Casual Ravager
Evil Smasher (played straight when I want to give them a fighting chance)
Explosive Norfleet (yes, I know)

30% Explosive Relic
Master Grenadier Class Mod

http://talent.87bazillion.com/2/commando.php?55000144005305515010100000000000
---
Gamertag= H Panic22
#23KaBoom1322Posted 2/19/2013 8:07:57 AM
The build looks effective.Where can i find an explosive norfleet;)
---
Borderlands 2 <3
#24fakesnoop77(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 8:08:24 AM
H_Panic22 posted...
OK here's the base build, the backpack, and active loadout. Ill add the com skills in a bit..my son is watching Sesame Street in my room.

Weapons in Hand

Plump Rifle
Casual Pounder
Miss Moxxi's Creamer
Skookum Cobra

Backpack

DP Harold
Casual Ravager
Evil Smasher (played straight when I want to give them a fighting chance)
Explosive Norfleet (yes, I know)

30% Explosive Relic
Master Grenadier Class Mod

http://talent.87bazillion.com/2/commando.php?55000144005305515010100000000000

Very solid looking build. May have to copy this myself. I would use a Skookum Cobra too but got tired of endless Beatdown runs and gave up.

Good stuff here.
---
Fitter, happier, more productive, like a pig in a cage on antibiotics
#25H_Panic22Posted 2/19/2013 8:17:44 AM
KaBoom1322 posted...
The build looks effective.Where can i find an explosive norfleet;)

Make friends with someone that has one that got it from a jerk that claimed its a legit drop from Vermivorous lol. Damn thing does 3,000,000 damage sans Amp shields or glitches on this build.

Just be prepared for all the people you're playing with to hassle you endlessly for it once they realize what it is lol.
---
Gamertag= H Panic22
#26KaBoom1322Posted 2/19/2013 8:21:29 AM
I wouldn't use it myself.I remember thepost claiming it was a legit drop,it's funny because i've just found a dpinfinity
---
Borderlands 2 <3
#27Kpt_KapowskiPosted 2/19/2013 9:22:40 AM
DC is ridiculous with the Lead Storm and Guerrillas (Jakobs barrel Vladof AR's). Razrez/Gromky Horrorshows and/or White Deaths get pretty crazy as well.
---
Borderlands 2 BAR: 73049
#28KaBoom1322Posted 2/19/2013 9:29:58 AM
I don't think i could ever respec to the gunpowder tree after playing with the guerilla tree it would seem crap.
---
Borderlands 2 <3
#29SinisterBladePosted 2/19/2013 1:30:16 PM
Boom, MALIWAN only makes elementals, and they can only appear in Corrosion, Fire, Elec and Slag. Explosive MALIWAN do not exist. I think its considered a special element by the game itself too. Theres a set of parameters every manufacturer follows, so they have to appear with certain properties, even if this means it lacks one, i.e elemental Jakobs could no exist before DLC, which added the unmarked Aftermarket rarity/tier. Cobra, Stinkpot, Twister, ect are all aftermarket. I bet you knew the last bit, but felt it should've been there regardless.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#30sole005Posted 2/19/2013 2:07:32 PM
fakesnoop77 posted...
I have a question regarding this skill.

I understand that the skill increases Axton's Fire Rate and Damage with non-elemental guns. So am I right in thinking that Torgue guns will not benefit from this skill?

Sorry but no, Torgue weapons are 'explosive' element.

If I decide to spec in to this skill then I guess he would benefit from using a non elemental Veruc, Scorpio or even a Lascaux? Basically, Dahl stuff.

Yes.

Any ideas how to get the best from this skill or is not worth it?

It's a decent skill since nothing resists normal damage but with all of the guns, especially elemental guns in the game, it feels very restrictive. I ran it for a bit with a maggie, b!tch, shreddifier, and hawkeye.

My final build will probably focus on an explosive build with certain guns (Kerblaster, Ravager, Harold, 12 Pounder etc) with +30% explosive relic and Deadly Bloom shield.

This is pretty much the exact build I am running now although for multiplayer I move over into guerilla (the nuke flash blinds your party which can be pretty annoying)

A couple of suggestion: go with an explicit or hard unkempt harold instead of a DP. They have much tighter spreads so more pellets hit and use much much less ammo.

Plump kerblaster, RoF and Dmg are good too, but I prefer not having to reload and disrupt my DPS.

Impetuous Ravager. People will tell you to look for the casual but I really find the reload speed to be a godsend. The only time this thing isn't one shotting is when it's reloading.

Longbow slag singularity with 0.0 fuse. I love my stormfront, quasar, crossfire etc. but this is a key weapon. Explosive weapons deal splash damage. Toss these in, slag and group the enemies and then unload with EXPLOSIONS.

My current loadout: 1: Explicit Harold 2: Impetuous Ravager 3: Plump Kerblaster 4: Bunny Launcher or Tiny Tina's Cobra (only explosive sniper rifle in the game)

Finally, you're on my friend's list but we've never played together, hit me up. I have all the explosive gear, legendary com etc. if you want to experiment. gt =koremega012