thinking of making a guide. board feedback requested

#1Argyle_GargoylePosted 2/19/2013 11:26:27 AM
would people on gamefaqs appreciate a guide for low effort/ high reward legendary farming? - Results (59 votes)
yes - i think this would be very helpful
55.93% (33 votes)
yes - i like the idea, but im not sure if people will use it
18.64% (11 votes)
no, its not worth your time
23.73% (14 votes)
other - please elaborate on your thoughts
1.69% (1 votes)
This poll is now closed.
i am just curious whether people think that this would be a worthwhile endeavor. i have several chapters in mind. this would be a guide designed to help out new players who have just recently hit the level cap.

it would include details regarding:

-who to farm
-average drop rate
-average time per farming attempt
-difficulty of the boss as well as strategies for easy dispatch
-descriptions of the rewards, its general intended function, as well as its value compared to farming difficulty
-advice on the easiest/fastest farming methods
-pictures of bosses, loot, easy routes to these bosses that face the minimum resistance, and map locations

again, this guide would not be intended for vault hunting veterans, but for newer players that would like to start off a nice collection of legendaries, but are not sure about how to go about doing it.

i have seen many topics about people complaining about how they have no legendary items, only to open the topic and see that they are spending all of their time farming some of the stingiest bosses in the game.

i want to create a guide that will make it easy for people to quickly and painlessly build up their own arsenal of legendary items.

i would appreciate honest feedback from the community regarding this. please do not turn this into a duping/anti-duping debate. i do not care what you do in your game. please leave those sorts of conversations and debates for the numerous other threads where it is being discussed.

again, this will be a pretty in depth guide, and i do not want to waste my free time doing it if people do not think it will be helpful, or if nobody is interested.

Thank you in advance for any and all feedback.
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#2R0880Posted 2/19/2013 11:32:05 AM
It would be cool, but the wiki exists which is pretty user friendly in of itself.
#3jloewensteinPosted 2/19/2013 11:58:25 AM
The wikis are ok, they list the weapons and where to get/ who to kill. But there's a lack of that "street wise" needed in the farming process. I know all the faqs sites and have been using them since I start playing, but just recently I can say I'm starting to do things properly. In process, I screw up many times.

The idea is great, but there's an issue - where to publish, considering the fact that we can't pin topics, here.
#4Argyle_Gargoyle(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 12:03:07 PM
jloewenstein posted...
The wikis are ok, they list the weapons and where to get/ who to kill. But there's a lack of that "street wise" needed in the farming process. I know all the faqs sites and have been using them since I start playing, but just recently I can say I'm starting to do things properly. In process, I screw up many times.

The idea is great, but there's an issue - where to publish, considering the fact that we can't pin topics, here.

well, you can request a sticky, but i believe you need to have a certain level account before you are allowed to make a request. even then it would require the mods to actually pin it to the front page

one of the reasons im asking for feedback, as it would require users to request a sticky to ensure its actually visible for more than an hour
---
#5KaBoom1322Posted 2/19/2013 12:09:03 PM
You need to be lv31 to request a topic for a sticky.It does take awhile to sticky too.
---
Borderlands 2 <3
#6killbot357Posted 2/19/2013 12:18:19 PM
I like this idea, especially if you build it as a kind of getting started guide for a new level 50. Maybe have good general items, like the Bee and Conference Call, and then more class-specific weapon and gear and where to find those.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Dead Space 3, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Borderlands 2
#7Argyle_Gargoyle(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 12:31:31 PM
killbot357 posted...
I like this idea, especially if you build it as a kind of getting started guide for a new level 50. Maybe have good general items, like the Bee and Conference Call, and then more class-specific weapon and gear and where to find those.

that is exactly how i want to do it. it isnt intended to be a guide to every single farm in the game. more of a guide for newer players to get started building up their stockpile of weapons.

the point is to make a guide for to point new max level players towards items that will get them the most bang for their time invested.

i see so many people post things like "just hit 50, going to farm mercy" then a few days later, they post about how terrible the drops rates are and how its impossible to get a legendary to drop.

meanwhile there are a lot of legendaries out there that have very simple farm methods, good drop rates and great rewards.

i have tested out some of my intended guide inclusions over the past couple of nights and in the span out about 5 hours real time, i have put together a very respectable end game arsenal.

plus, these would all be tested, tried and true methods with #s to back them up. let people know what kind of experience they can anticipate with a particular farm as well as the relative value of the reward for their time invested.
---
#8jreed1337Posted 2/19/2013 12:35:14 PM
made by most of the people on here i would say it would be useless, but seeing as you would be making it, i think it would be very useful and helpful.

i'll certainly use it if you do.
---
1+3+3=7
#9KaBoom1322Posted 2/19/2013 12:35:29 PM
Well you already know i'm behind the idea,i'll help you to keep it bumped until it gets a sticky.
---
Borderlands 2 <3
#10Argyle_Gargoyle(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 12:48:22 PM
appreciate the feedback people. keep it coming. it looks like at this point that i may give it a go. if people ignore it and it dies, then so be it i guess. at least it would serve to confirm that actual helpful topics are not welcome around here.

i dont plan on including things like the infinity, because it really is nothing more than 'use geyser to launch to platform. kill mercy. repeat thousands of times'

there is nothing useful to be had there.

the guide i would be making would be for easily farmed, valuable gear that will help out a player who doesnt have a ton of other stuff to choose from.

the end result would bve a respectable cache of legendary gear farmed in a relatively small amount of time without a ton of effort (if it took 10 total hours of farming to get all of these items, id be shocked. i was able to do it in under 5, farming some for multiple items).

the list of gear i have in mind for the guide should be more than enough to take on pete the invincible without much trouble. i think we all know that if you can kill pete, then you are pretty much set for legendaries short of a norfleet. farm him enough, and he will drop it eventually.
---