just did the evil smasher quest

#11shnangyboosPosted 2/19/2013 7:11:25 PM
It seems kind of random to me, but I just keep doing it and checking the mag size. It just gradually gets higher, and sometimes it takes a little while. You can also tell by how much the explosion lags.
---
How's my posting?
Call http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=588037 for any comments.
#12boneywings(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 7:40:20 PM
capnovan posted...
boneywings posted...
you were right, just got it to work. can only get to about 86 on infinity though, is my timing just off?

It has nothing to do with timing. The effect and how powerful it can be is random.

so I should do 1 explosion and then check my other gun, and not try to get as many as possible in a row?
#13Aceofblades2k2Posted 2/19/2013 7:52:18 PM
Basically, the more you do it the more likely a higher variable becomes. Once you do it and have successfully passed it on to another gun, all of your hot weapon slots have it. So... if you have say 64/. in your evil smasher, your infinity will have 35 or so. You then can reload another gun and it will have the smasher glitch as well.

My suggestion would be to get the smasher very high by continually focusing on that, until that, then using a pistol with a really fast reload (like a hyperion 1.6) and then you can get stuff crazy fast. As long as you don't switch back to the evil smasher (for example, if evil smasher is in the "1" (up on the character pad) slot, then you change around to all your other guns they will be at the same level.

I'm not big into smashing, but I have found this to be true, good luck kill yourself some pete
---
,/\[E {}F |}L/\|]ES, "Lance Armstrong Needs Akimbo Testicles- Why is he only allowed one at a time? - SmolledShrimp
#14Aceofblades2k2Posted 2/19/2013 7:53:16 PM
Basically, the more you get the explosion on the evil smasher the more likely it is to get a higher explosion. Keep switching to get the fast reload, but go back to the smasher before trying to "pass" it into your other weapons.
---
,/\[E {}F |}L/\|]ES, "Lance Armstrong Needs Akimbo Testicles- Why is he only allowed one at a time? - SmolledShrimp
#15boneywings(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 8:38:31 PM
okay thanks for the tips guys. I'm still struggling to get above 100. is it as many as I have in a row? or as many as I have all together? and do I let the smasher clip reload before switching back to my other gun? lol sorry this is making no sense to me
#16DesertZeroPosted 2/19/2013 8:55:35 PM
boneywings posted...
okay thanks for the tips guys. I'm still struggling to get above 100. is it as many as I have in a row? or as many as I have all together? and do I let the smasher clip reload before switching back to my other gun? lol sorry this is making no sense to me

It doesn't make sense because most of the people that "explain" the glitch have no idea how it actually works and are just regurgitating the (incorrect) wiki or (incorrect) youtube videos.
#17boneywings(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 9:00:20 PM
lol I think I figured out on my own there are 2 types of explosions, one is larger and makes a different noise, that is the only one that will power up your other gun, so in order to make them stack you need that same explosion multiple times in a row. otherwise your gun resets on the normal explosion or normal reload.
#18WandymanPosted 2/19/2013 9:41:52 PM
boneywings posted...
you were right, just got it to work. can only get to about 86 on infinity though, is my timing just off?

Highest I've gotten on an infinity (now that I've got the timing down) was 141.
---
GT: Buddhasmash83
#19ssj954vegitoPosted 2/19/2013 11:26:43 PM
I hit the legendary max level once, 246 or so rounds in my infinity, Vorac had no chance
---
proud to be a strange EPic
You ever notice that everything in the universe spins.
#20boneywings(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 12:40:45 AM
ssj954vegito posted...
I hit the legendary max level once, 246 or so rounds in my infinity, Vorac had no chance

lol youuuuu! makes my 89 look like poo!