Just hit level 3, need power level to 50 and all legendary weapons. NO REWARD.

#21KaBoom1322Posted 2/20/2013 11:28:44 AM
You're a heartless monster if you don't say thankyou :\
---
I am the villain of this story,not the hero.
#22Social_SinPosted 2/20/2013 11:30:17 AM
I've got an Orion that they hid in the game files, you want it? I mean it's the least I could do for you letting me power level your character!
---
GT: Social Sin
Fanboys = The bane of any intelligent individual
#23squiggy9996999Posted 2/20/2013 11:34:57 AM
"I am totes serious. There is no reward."

that's not true, the reward is sharing.

i'd help you if you were like...level 4, but level 3?! that's asking for too much. sorry.
#24KongatthegatiesPosted 2/20/2013 11:58:21 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
Kongatthegaties posted...
killbot357 posted...
genesis42 posted...
LifeIsABigGame posted...
What the hell? This mo fo got so mad that he quit talking all the smack about how people play and started to join them in PL and duping

Spoilers: He isn't being serious.

I am totes serious. There is no reward.

Joke's on you, sucka! A good deed is its own reward!

unless the person you do the good deed for didn't say thank you.

Not quite true- There is a pretty well documented neural reward mechanism present in the brain that is triggered by helping others. It goes back to the early days of our evolution; we've never been the most physically dominant species, and long before we had a technological advantage over other species, our survival was almost entirely dependent on our ability to work together and for multiple individuals to function as a unit, disregarding the benefit to the individual in favor of a benefit to the group/family/tribe/whatever.

So anyway, our brains developed a reward mechanism wherein Dopamine (the thing what makes you feel gooder) is delivered to specific neuroreceptors when we help someone.

It makes for a weird moral conundrum- we are hardwired to be rewarded for selfless acts, but because of said reward, the act itself is never really selfless. It could even be said that selfless acts do not exist at all.

Source: Married to a neuroscientist. (She's waaaaay smarter than I am).
---
GT: Kongatthegates
#25KaBoom1322Posted 2/20/2013 12:06:38 PM
I get pleasure from doing misdeeds,i'm not properly evolved:(...anyone got a metal coat?
---
#26squiggy9996999Posted 2/20/2013 12:19:00 PM
"unless the person you do the good deed for didn't say thank you."

no, see that's a personality trait, has nothing to do with manners

for example, i am totally making this up to make a point, not because i think this is true about you or anyone (just talking in general):

if you need someone to say thank you, then your an a-hole who doesn't do #%$%$ for anyone but yourself. why do they have to kiss your butt for you to feel good about helping someone? the fault is in you and with your expectation. if you need someone to say thank you to hold a door, stop holding doors and everyone will be happier. ;)
#27Seiichi OmoriPosted 2/20/2013 12:24:47 PM
if you need someone to say thank you to hold a door, stop holding doors and everyone will be happier. ;)

goddamn this happened to me once. one time this geezer held the door for me at a gas stop as he was leaving. now, Im not disabled or anything, I coulda done so all on my own, didnt need the help. I passed by him and he spouts sarcastically, "Youre welcome!". well at that point I was socially obligated to thank him, but really I hoped he'd burn in a death fireball on the road.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVDC-cWP9fs
Dragon Quest 7 doesn't suck!
#28terrysmay04Posted 2/20/2013 12:27:37 PM
Best topic title I have seen on here in a while
---
GT: THE Terry May
Keep clam and Chive on!
#29KaBoom1322Posted 2/20/2013 12:31:03 PM
The funny thing is, if i'd have made a topic like this everyone would have got mad.
---
#30terrysmay04Posted 2/20/2013 12:38:44 PM
KaBoom1322 posted...
The funny thing is, if i'd have made a topic like this everyone would have got mad.

I know. This board is intolerant of our anti-duping/glitching stances >_>

But you have to keep on fighting the good fight!
---
GT: THE Terry May
Keep clam and Chive on!