The Assassin: What's your best build?

#1AxelPoePosted 2/20/2013 5:52:04 PM
I am still not sure which way I want to go.
Or exactly how to divide my points.
So I wanted to know what others do.
Where do you spend your points and why.
Thanks.
---
[{o}] Hope Never Dies [{o}]
#2Argyle_GargoylePosted 2/20/2013 5:55:25 PM(edited)
AxelPoe posted...
I am still not sure which way I want to go.
Or exactly how to divide my points.
So I wanted to know what others do.
Where do you spend your points and why.
Thanks.

I ise a cunning bore zero and a bullethose double up acton. Both are super fun. Might not be the statistical best, but my commando shoots at an absolutely ridiculous rate

For zero, i go cunning to the end and get deathblossom. Then down the sniper tree to bore
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#3iknoweverythingPosted 2/20/2013 7:22:10 PM
I initially went down the sniping tree, but got bored as this game does not lend itself as much to long range combat.

Then I moved all my points to the bloodshed tree, which is a lot more fun once you get the Many Must Fall ability. I die a lot more frequently now, but the gameplay is a lot more exciting.
---
every time you argue with me, you'll be wrong. wasting the time is your own choice.
#4olan231Posted 2/21/2013 2:15:30 AM
The best build is how you like to play. I myself like being right up in someone's face, so naturally I went with Melee.

http://www.bl2skills.com/assassin.html#000000000005054105511405315000

That's my skill tree at the moment, along with:
Slag Rapier
Eviscerating Rubi
White Death (Mainly for farming something like (Insert metal boss here)
Random weapon for second wind

Grounded Love Thumper (For Melee Roid Damage
Legendary Hunter Class Mod
Storm Front (For taking my own shields down to do max damage with Melees)
And a mix between VHR and MotS for Melee Damage.

Sometime's I'll change up my skill tree for something along the lines of this:

http://www.bl2skills.com/assassin.html#000000000005050054001505015531

This set up here with Many Must Fall allows for mass Melee Chain Kills, and upwards of 10M crits and higher (At least with this setup and special circumstances)
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: DoS Paper Clock
Will Farm For Food.. </3
#5Tec187Posted 2/21/2013 3:13:23 AM
With a few possible tweaks depending on preference, if you are clearing trash, farming bosses, and if you prefer utilizing b0re, this is pretty much the best Zer0 build there is:

http://www.bl2skills.com/assassin.html#000000000005055105415305015000
---
ULCE #: 12.834
~ "I don't need luck, I have ammo" ~ Grunt, ME3
#6SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 2/21/2013 3:16:40 AM
I'm currently trying to find a decent sniping/melee hybrid build. Figure I'll try and make us of the Hawk Eye's already high crit bonus.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#7olan231Posted 2/21/2013 3:37:13 AM
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
I'm currently trying to find a decent sniping/melee hybrid build. Figure I'll try and make us of the Hawk Eye's already high crit bonus.

With my first build I posted, the Melee/Gun Hybrid, the White Death TEARS through at least BUNKER in about 10 seconds, 2 clips. Use White Death with something like The Bee or HoT (Which is what I use, I like the AoE Nova), when your health is low, deception, switch to Rubi and throw Kunai or a grenade to recover health and let your shields recharge.

I haven't tried any other bosses as he respawns if you leave the area.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: DoS Paper Clock
Will Farm For Food.. </3
#8The_Hungry_OnePosted 2/21/2013 7:56:23 AM
One thing I am curious about is Ambush. It states that you deal extra damage against a target who is attacking another player. Does this apply when they're attacking the decoy? I want to fully utilize Deception but I feel like a carbon copy of other players when I use Death Blossom. Initially I went down the Bloodshed tree, but I couldn't get the build right and I resort to Cunning. I haven't really looked back since, as the damage dealt to single targets is insane thanks to the kunai.
---
Long days and pleasant nights.
#9jloewensteinPosted 2/21/2013 10:33:54 AM
I use a cunning/b0re build 90% of the time. Full sniper build, with rising sh0t, only when farming Terra (pounding his eyes for criticals and fast stacks of rising sh0t, you can turn the light elegant lyuda in a .50 calliber monster, after a while)

I have some eccentricities in the build, like skip killer, putting the points in 0ptics and preci0n.

When using Legendary Hunter, i can put one point in killing bl0w and other in ir0n hand. So I can snipe, run'n'gun, but, if both fail and the enemy get close, I swap to rapier, giving him a surprise.
#10jloewensteinPosted 2/21/2013 10:52:44 AM
ops, I mean critical ascenti0n to terra, not rising sh0t. Rising sh0t too, but not as the main strategy