Possible to download DLC while playing?

#1xROBBINSPosted 2/20/2013 9:34:46 PM
Is it possible to download the DLC while playing if you have the season pass? when I start downloading the DLC and exit out of the menu it does not show up in my active downloads. Any help would be awesome
---
GT: x R 0 B B I N S
The 0 is a zero
#2capnovanPosted 2/20/2013 9:38:59 PM
no
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#3xROBBINS(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 9:42:37 PM
The reason I am asking is because I was playing this morning and the hammerlock dlc downloaded off and on when I was playing and was completed mid game. It was weird and rose the question that there might be some way to do it
---
GT: x R 0 B B I N S
The 0 is a zero
#4grunjmufnPosted 2/20/2013 10:07:35 PM
I have noticed this in other games before, just have to restart after the download completes. I've always found it odd that they start and stop at least a handful of times. I've seen it not download at all during gaming sessions as well and have never spotted a particular consistency one way or the other.
#5SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 2/20/2013 10:13:29 PM
capnovan posted...
no

I didn't know killbot had an alt...
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#6Divided_By_OnePosted 2/20/2013 11:12:42 PM
Did you download Hammerlock from the Games Marketplace and the others from the Borderlands in-game menu? That would explain the difference. It doesn't seem to add it to Active Downloads from the Borderlands in game menu. At least, it didn't for me. To have all the DLCs downloading in queue, I had to restart (well, "re-download") them from the Xbox menu.

As for it stopping and starting, sometimes it (well, for other games, dunno about this one) doesn't like to download while playing online (because it might get in the way) so, it generally does what it can when you pause or are in menu or whatever.
---
"He who knows does not speak. He who speaks does not know." -Lao Tzu
#7olan231Posted 2/20/2013 11:16:02 PM
It is INDEED possible to download while playing. Purchase said DLC, then head back to the dashboard. From there, go to Settings, and then download history somewhere under account management. From there, redownload the DLC. Now you can exit the menu and it should remain in your active downloads menu. However, any game you play that HAS access to the internet, such as Friends Only Game Lobby, it will NOT download it. Simply pause the game, press Back and switch to LAN/Offline.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: DoS Paper Clock
Will Farm For Food.. </3