LF for some things I need.

#21DevilazerV1Posted 2/21/2013 4:11:58 PM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
Atma2862 posted...
KaBoom1322 posted...
The TC never learns.

your one to talk, why don't you and your troll mates just get a life.
you guys don't play the game anyway you just wait he on the bored trolling peoples topics.

a sure sign of an ignorant casual is their insistence that anybody that disagrees with them is trolling.

Now wait a minute, I can agree with him that you are trolling. He makes a neutral post about obtaining specific weapons via a trade and you immediately jump on it spewing your arguments about how it is "duping". Now, you don't have to be on this board for a long time to understand how sensitive of an issue this is to most people. You either dupe or you don't and the people who believe in what they believe will drill their belief until the very end. You saw this post and this particular player and you immediately associated him with the belief you don't follow. By commenting, you incited the other party into giving you a rebuttal, and he did a good job at not going along with it. I, on the other hand, did not. Haven't we gotten past the point of arguing over such a mi*nute (Did that (*) for those without knowledge of the word) belief?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag - Devildude720
Sorry if I abruptly stop responding to posts, I have the attention-span of a banana.
#22Kpt_KapowskiPosted 2/21/2013 4:16:27 PM
DevilazerV1 posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
Atma2862 posted...
KaBoom1322 posted...
The TC never learns.

your one to talk, why don't you and your troll mates just get a life.
you guys don't play the game anyway you just wait he on the bored trolling peoples topics.

a sure sign of an ignorant casual is their insistence that anybody that disagrees with them is trolling.

Now wait a minute, I can agree with him that you are trolling. He makes a neutral post about obtaining specific weapons via a trade and you immediately jump on it spewing your arguments about how it is "duping". Now, you don't have to be on this board for a long time to understand how sensitive of an issue this is to most people. You either dupe or you don't and the people who believe in what they believe will drill their belief until the very end. You saw this post and this particular player and you immediately associated him with the belief you don't follow. By commenting, you incited the other party into giving you a rebuttal, and he did a good job at not going along with it. I, on the other hand, did not. Haven't we gotten past the point of arguing over such a mi*nute (Did that (*) for those without knowledge of the word) belief?

no. duping is not trading. all tc has to do is specify that he's duping.
---
Borderlands 2 BAR: 74814
#23DevilazerV1Posted 2/21/2013 4:16:53 PM
But why?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag - Devildude720
Sorry if I abruptly stop responding to posts, I have the attention-span of a banana.
#24brianvolk42Posted 2/21/2013 4:19:27 PM
Oh man. Not this again.
#25Steve0314Posted 2/21/2013 4:19:40 PM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
DevilazerV1 posted...
You trade the things you dupe.

no. you dupe the things you dupe. if you were trading, you would not keep a copy of your "traded" item.

duping is duping is duping.

I don't understand your logic.
Trade is defined as an exchange of property usually without use of money. So if I give you something and you give me something then its a trade. Your use of the word dupe is also questionable. Dupe doesn't mean I give you a dupe and you give me a dupe... its short for duplicate which means to make double or twofold. Please elaborate.
---
GT: Steve0314
#26Kpt_KapowskiPosted 2/21/2013 4:24:40 PM
DevilazerV1 posted...
But why?

here's a scenario:

RandomPoster comes to this board looking for legit trades. he see's TC's thread with the word "trade" in it. he goes ahead and trades with TC (and by trade, i mean he loses his items and gains a dupe, while TC loses nothing).

the next day, he comes back, and see's TC's "trade" list updated with both his items, and the items he supposedly "traded" from TC.

now tell me, how exactly would that make you feel if you were RandomPoster?

and dont say "I dont care because i dont mind duping". in this instance, you are RandomPoster.
---
#27KaBoom1322Posted 2/21/2013 4:26:36 PM
Dupe and trade are contradictory statements.You cannot do both.
---
You died at Fink's slaughterhouse.
#28Kpt_KapowskiPosted 2/21/2013 4:26:50 PM
Steve0314 posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
DevilazerV1 posted...
You trade the things you dupe.

no. you dupe the things you dupe. if you were trading, you would not keep a copy of your "traded" item.

duping is duping is duping.

I don't understand your logic.
Trade is defined as an exchange of property usually without use of money. So if I give you something and you give me something then its a trade. Your use of the word dupe is also questionable. Dupe doesn't mean I give you a dupe and you give me a dupe... its short for duplicate which means to make double or twofold. Please elaborate.

the term trade implies both parties lose something to gain something. that is not the case with duping, therefore duping is not trading.
---
#29Atma2862(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 4:27:35 PM
The fact is im a great guy. the people i make deals with think highly of me,
and i need not say more.
for the people that know me beyond this pc screen is the ones that matter.
---
GT = Atma 2862
#30Kpt_KapowskiPosted 2/21/2013 4:30:11 PM
Atma2862 posted...
The fact is im a great guy. the people i make deals with think highly of me,
and i need not say more.
for the people that know me beyond this pc screen is the ones that matter.

that literally has no bearing on this argument. nobody questioned how great of a guy you are. our only issue is that you claim to be trading while actually duping.
---