How to Farm Caustic Caverns (civil discussion only please)

#1deadlyfredPosted 2/24/2013 10:09:07 AM
Hey guys since my last post on this video got overrun with arguments I figure I'd repost and hopefully everyone can keep it civil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYCKHdTjcOI

I did not include chests in this run because it's been over 3 months since I had a red chest give me something worth taking.

I warmly accept comments, criticism and suggestions as long as they aren't spiked with malice and sarcasm.

thanks for watching!
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ones instead of L's and a space between the two words)
Various Borderlands 2 glitches: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgdactVBsYk
#2KaBoom1322Posted 2/24/2013 10:32:27 AM
Can i say something without you getting pissed?
---
You died at Fink's slaughterhouse.
#3Kpt_KapowskiPosted 2/24/2013 10:34:49 AM
While I see your point, and agree that chests can be frustrating, they are a viable source of loot. I don't think they should be dismissed offhand simply because you personally have bad luck with them.

As I've already mentioned, somewhere from a quarter to a third of my legendary count has come from chests. that is statistically significant.

Bottom line is, if you're trying to help people farm, be thorough. Show them all the options, and let THEM decide what they do or don't want to farm.
---
Borderlands 2 BAR: 75531
#4KaBoom1322Posted 2/24/2013 10:40:37 AM
That's basically what i was gonna say.You put it better than i would have done though.
---
You died at Fink's slaughterhouse.
#5your other dad sayzPosted 2/24/2013 10:55:46 AM
I actually kind of agree with kap this time. I've only gotten one legendary out of a chest ever. But it was while I was farming the sheriff I think, and the chest was right there. When I farm Mad Dog I usually hit up the chest that is right behind his spawn area.

Basically, I would include the chests only if they are not too far out of the way of the run. That is to keep it quick and efficient, which is the best way to farm.
---
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360), FarCry 3 (Xbox 360)
I'm on one.
#6SinisterBladePosted 2/24/2013 10:58:46 AM
Chest quality matters. Green Dahl isnt worth the trouble. Most of the reds are time consuming in CC at least.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#7your other dad sayzPosted 2/24/2013 11:00:01 AM
Yeah I definately wouldn't waste time on green.
---
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360), FarCry 3 (Xbox 360)
I'm on one.
#8calistud4evPosted 2/24/2013 11:11:42 AM
I'd have to agree with an above poster.I do understand the frustration when it comes to chests. Your farming a certain item and odds are this chest will contain nothing more than a bunch of green and white pistols. However, I do find a good amount of legendarys and e-techs in said chests along the way. Why not check the chest in the thresher area before the varkid warehouse? Why not check the chest inside the above mentioned warehouse. Who knows, you may show someone a chest they havent ever noticed. A prime example being the random generated dahl chest that spawns right before the minecraft entrance(end of mine cart tracks)This may add an extra 10-15 seconds to each run. If you can't spare that, you probaly shouldn't farm anyways. I say add it all...leave it up to viewer to decide there preferred run. They will find what works best for them. You gave them the tools to do it. Great job nonetheless. Still waiting on that pistol vid!
---
"Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor bastard die for his."-G. S. P.
#9MechOf17thPosted 2/24/2013 11:22:19 AM
How about making a video WITH chests and one WITHOUT chests? for second vid of the same area just have the desirable chests also included. That way you have videos to please both audiences.
---
Bow down and kiss the ring.
#10calistud4evPosted 2/24/2013 11:22:56 AM
I forgot to add, only doing this with a chest in or along your path. Caustic caverns isn't the best example simply because the good chests are so time inefficient. Yeah green chests do suck but if there right in front of you,why not? You took the time to open the chest behind blue. The other 2 or 3 aren't any further off the path. Just using TC's path as an example.
---
"Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor bastard die for his."-G. S. P.